Your Email Address:

First Name:

Has anybody ever heard of this medication: Fluconazole

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
Bloorain
Advanced

Has anybody ever heard of this medication: Fluconazole

Post by Bloorain »

My doctor prescribed for me yesterday - he says its worked for other people with halitosis problems. My bb has a fecal odor - the thing is - this medicine is suppose to treat people with (thrush) fungal infections, yeast and such in the mouth and other places - symptoms which include having the white tongue. My tongue is not all that white - only a little, but my doctor said something interesting which is that yeast presents itself in different forms, for people who suffer from bb, the white tongue is not necessarily what will happen. He gave me a two week supply. I took first pill last night, wil post back on Monday how its working so far.

I had tried everything: recently probiotics, with digestive enzymes, HCL, and better diet. It helped, but ended up being not being consistent. My plan now is to get the doctors to help me - and this new doctor seems really nurturing and caring and I'm hoping will do just that for me. Below is a description of medicine. Please post any experiences you've had with it.

DESCRIPTION: Fluconazole is used to treat fungal infections, including yeast infections of the vagina, mouth, throat, esophagus (tube leading from the mouth to the stomach), abdomen (area between the chest and waist), lungs, blood, and other organs. Fluconazole is also used to treat meningitis (infection of the membranes covering the brain and spine ) caused by fungus. Fluconazole is also used to prevent yeast infections in patients who are likely to become infected because they are being treated with chemotherapy or radiation therapy before a bone marrow transplant (replacement of unhealthy spongy tissue inside the bones with healthy tissue). Fluconazole is in a class of antifungals called triazoles. It works by slowing the growth of fungi that cause infection

Jimi Stein
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by Jimi Stein »

i think you should be careful with that because it can make your bb even stronger if it is antibiotic
Bloorain
Advanced

Post by Bloorain »

I'm not sure whether it is - but my doctor did say its helped people before so we'll see. If it makes my breath worse, the good thing is I'll no for certain that it's not working - instead of to keep taking something and waiting for it to work and not knowing whether it ever will.
LJ
Junior

Yes

Post by LJ »

Hi Bloorain:
I've actually used diflucan for I think it was one or two days for a yeast infection, female, caused by antibiotics.
Years ago I tried the antifungal route with another one, I can't for the life of me think of it right now, it was a liquid I took for a week I think.
It will be nothing but interesting to see what happens with this, if it has any effect in the long term use. It's tough on the liver though, and you should watch for side effects.
I just remembered I used nystatin. LJ
Bloorain
Advanced

Post by Bloorain »

[text]
Last edited by Bloorain on Thu May 28, 2009 2:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jimi Stein
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by Jimi Stein »

bloorain

stop visiting doctors, that is my suggestion, everone of us goes thru the same procedures and nothing helps. The doctors think they are so smart and put you thru all painful procedures with no results.

If you want to go on, then go on, but my suggestion is to ignore them. Soon they will say that your bb is just in your head, probably put you on some psychiatroc meds and laugh at you.

They are jerks, that is my opinion.

Bb is still such a big tabum that if you dare to say it docs say you are crazy.
Bloorain
Advanced

Post by Bloorain »

[text]
Last edited by Bloorain on Thu May 28, 2009 2:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jimi Stein
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by Jimi Stein »

Be carefu with prevecid it might have sideeffects, maybe change a diet a bit and you will not have acid reflux so much.

I a mso dissapointed with doctors.

They are such a jerks, I am even afraid to mention my problem when I go to a doctor or a dentist.
I think the best doc was Dr Katz, who did not lie to me and was really kind, and I did not feel stressed when I told him about my problem.
jess
Sheriff

Post by jess »

Bloorain if you have heartburn you might want to just drink cold plain milk. That always helps me when I have a heartburn. In my opinion it's as good or even better than prevacid.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic