Your Email Address:

First Name:

Hi Everone....acid reflux a cause

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
tinkerbell000
Total Newbie

Hi Everone....acid reflux a cause

Post by tinkerbell000 »

Hi,

I have had bb since i was 14 and now im 21. i have looked down every avenue i have even got my tonsils taken out. I finally think i found the cause to at least my bad breath...its acid reflux. I have a sour taste in my mouth all day, bb, my ears pop, i have alot of mucus, a lump feeling in my throat, my throat burns, and my bb gets worse after i eat, i also have a slight white on my tongue. My ent diagnosed with it and then i went to a gI doctor. I have tried all the medications protonix, nexium, reglan, prevacid..none of them worked. I had a endoscopy done and ph test...the ph test showed that i have SEVERE acid reflux. My next Gi app is on wednesday...ugh. I am also e-mailing this person who had bb and acid reflux and it was cured by having a nissan fund surgery done. Now this surgery is a big deal in helping the gerd but it is a long recovery. I just was wondering if anyone else had bb and acid reflux. I think this is what is causing mine at lease. Have a good day

Bloorain
Advanced

Post by Bloorain »

dsf
Last edited by Bloorain on Thu Nov 15, 2007 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tinkerbell000
Total Newbie

Post by tinkerbell000 »

Hi,

Umm i am not exactly sure what the surgery is...but it stops the acid reflux from coming up into your throat. I know doctors do not like to do this surgery bc it is very extensive. I am going to the Gi tommorrow and i will see what he says. Bloorain if i were you i would go to a different ENT but...the GI is more for the acid reflux anyway so if he says you have it. I had a ph test done and it showed severe refluxing...they put a moniter in my esphogus and then i had this little beeper thing that recorded my ph at all times. It was interesting. I have no idea if i am a candidate for surgery or not. I just started taking aloe vera to see if that helps with my sore throat from teh acid and in turn help the bb. But who really knows. I am just praying to God.
john
Junior

Post by john »

hi,

excuse me for my poor english.

i also have BB.
i have tried everything and my tonsils are also removed.
i have acid reflux and i think that is the cause of bb.

here is a link for that surgery.
http://www.lapsurgery.com/nissen.htm

the resulst of this operation are not so good and the recovery takes a long time.
til today this was the only thing to get rid of acid reflux.

but there is a new method. with this operation they don't have to make incissies in your body because they do it trough the mouth and oesphagus.
the first operation in the world was in holland last month and the results were very good and the patient only have to stay 1 day in hospital. here is a picture from that first operation. Image
AW
Junior

Post by AW »

After a little research on the internet I've noticed that my bad breath might be caused by acid reflux. I most certainly have Dysphagia which is one of the main aspects of Acid Reflux. I say this because (only within the past year) I feel as if I have a lump in my throat, I feel as if something is tickling my throat and it causes me to cough and I have a really hard time swallowing the smallest foods. Also at times, I feel whenever I ebdn over after eating some in a short perioid of time a disgusting taste and burning sensation down my throat and Esophogus. I'm nervous now because I don't know if it has been there for my whole life or what. Since Acid Reflux can turn to Esophogal Cancer.

However, ever since I've been taking pro-biotics the lump in my throat isn't really there. Only when I do not take them I feel the lump in my throat. I think Acid Reflux is the main cause. I just have to find out how to treat it now.
Finkels
Total Newbie

Re: Hi Everone....acid reflux a cause

Post by Finkels »

[quote="tinkerbell000"]Hi,

Dear Sir,
I would like to make it clear to you, that there is no way how reflux could cause bad breat. The acid fluid cannot contain or allow anaerobic gas-producing bacteria to survive. Helico-bacter Pilori can never produce ammonia gas in concentrations that can be percepted by humen smell.
Reflux should be treated because of its potential short and long time detrimental effects but bb is not included.
Best wishes
Professor Yehuda Finkelstein. MD, MA.
badtimes

Re: Hi Everone....acid reflux a cause

Post by badtimes »

Finkels wrote:
tinkerbell000 wrote:Hi,

Dear Sir,
I would like to make it clear to you, that there is no way how reflux could cause bad breat. The acid fluid cannot contain or allow anaerobic gas-producing bacteria to survive. Helico-bacter Pilori can never produce ammonia gas in concentrations that can be percepted by humen smell.
Reflux should be treated because of its potential short and long time detrimental effects but bb is not included.
Best wishes
Professor Yehuda Finkelstein. MD, MA.
if acid reflux can cause a build up of mucos in the back of the throat which leads to BB...then acid reflux can cause BB in my book
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic