Your Email Address:

First Name:

Bacterial collection on top of Soft Palate

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
Indian
Total Newbie
Re:

Post by Indian »

Last edited by Indian on Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Indian
Total Newbie
Re: Topic

Post by Indian »

nobody wrote:I have the same exact problem. It has gotten worse after having tonsillectomy, but I have always had it to some extent. Now that I no longer have my tonsils supporting the soft palate, it hangs considerably lower than before, making more room for stuff to collect on top of it.

By the way, does anybody know if this problem could have been caused or exacerbated by having been NG tube-fed?
Sorry that im too late to reply this forum. I have undergone tonsillectomy a decade back . The problem i explained below is getting worse. During the laser tonsillectomy process, i ran out of anaesthesia especially the pain relieving thing. So i went through an excruciating pain throughout the tonsillectomy process though my muscles are paralysed. It was like hell . I cant shout, move an inch even unable to move my fingers a bit. (Anaesthetic awareness)

Now, back to the issue im facing:
1)Soft palate hanging low. I feel alot of space in the naso pharynx area. Also, bad breathe every morning.
2) Dust, polluted particles and white mucus keeps on collected and sitting right above my soft palate. So i ve to make the KkkHHH kinda pressure to bring such stuff to mouth and swallow downwards.
3) that stuff collected in softpalate never empties.
4) little bit of weak swallowing .Better to say, my softpalate does not close completely while swallowing . Think tonsil contribute to swallowing process that no one knows. Tonsils also helps to contract the muscles and keeps a tight swallow forcing food down and kick that perisitalitic wave motion even stronger.
5) i also nowadays having GERD and germophobic ( since i lost my stronger immune gland TONSILS )
6) Day to day suffering cant lead a routine social life .
I visited so many ENT here in India. But they gave different antibiotics. I can combat any infection with biotics but what about the my faulty swallowing mechanism?
I need my old strong soft palate again as well strong peristaltic waves to keep stuff going down my stomach. Above all my problems are interrelated.
Last edited by Indian on Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Indian
Total Newbie
Post by Indian »

[quote="sharon"]oh really? So having tonsils out is not something that "you have nothing to lose", and you breath gets worse? I'm very eager to know, cuz I put all my hope on this sergery. look forward to your reply, thanks!

HI SHARON,
If you are still reading this kindly let me know the status of your post surgery.
Last edited by Indian on Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Indian
Total Newbie
Post by Indian »

halitosisux wrote:Some of the nicest people I've ever known are Indian. I spent my whole childhood growing up with an Indian boy, but he died in a car accident when we were 18 and that was the worst thing that has ever happened to me.

Btw, don't worry about your English, it's perfectly fine. I'm glad to talk with anyone who is fighting to figure this shit out, I wish more people were talking. How can it be that there's 1000s of members and millions of people out there with BB and there's only about 2 posts per day - and at least 1 is by ME! Holy shit, I've probably made more posts than everyone else on here combined.

Swanson's and Blis-K12 are not available in the UK either, they are sent from overseas. Can you not get things delivered from overseas there in India?

Please don't be offended, whenever I see India on TV it always relaxes me because nobody seems to look like they care about dirt or odours. They all look hot and sweaty and nobody seems to care less. There was this brilliant series here in the UK called Bombay Railway. I watch it nearly every morning, it's pure therapy to me. India looks like heaven for people who worry about such things. No doubt you must see it differently though.
Indians dont really care about bad breath. TRUE. But a germophobe care. Im a germophobic indian. You know its like a nightmare to walk in some streets of India. Im myself clean and so my house is. I really want my country to be clean. But ppl laugh at me for myself being OVER hygenic. I cant tolerate poop or urine laid on streets . I very rarely use public toilets from childhood. Indian people are kind hearted, good and helpful but only the atmosphere here pollution and sanity part i hate it. i close my mouth with hankies or wear a mask whenever i go out of my house. Sewage odour in almost every streets and roads.
Its my opinion not to hurt my fellow Indians. I can't even find such brilliant bb caring forum in Indian websites. Again, ppl dont really care as much i do.
throwawayhelpacc
Total Newbie

Re: Bacterial collection on top of Soft Palate

Post by throwawayhelpacc »

Dead wrote:
throwawayhelpacc wrote:For those dealing with the same issue, I had all the symptoms detailed here to the T. If you face any of the symptoms detailed below (like I did), your bad breath might be the result of a bacterial sinus infection:
- Foul-smelling sneezes
- Bad Breath…
- …after eating food.
- …a couple hours after brushing your teeth.
- …in the morning.
- Post Nasal Drip
- Congestion
- Green/Yellow Mucus
- If your bad breath originated from a cold.
- If symptoms have lingered for more than 3-4 weeks.
- Press your thumb against your soft palate and smell it; If it smells, you might have a bacterial sinus infection.
- Constant need to clear your throat
- Collection on top of soft palate
- Nasal stench

The answer to dealing with a BACTERIAL sinus infection is to use antibiotics (In my case, I used amoxicillin-clavulanate, but amoxicillin works as well). Many sources may tell you that antibiotics are useless against a sinus infection — but they’re referring to VIRAL sinus infections, which account for 98% of all sinus infections. If you’d like to do your own DD, research the difference between bacterial sinus infections and viral sinus infections. I’ve had this issue for nearly 4 years, and was only able to successfully eliminate it a couple of days ago through the use of antibiotics. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

tl;dr Check to see if you might have a bacterial sinus infection(!)
Hi, how was your sinus infection diagnosed? Are you still taking the antibiotics? Or how long have you been off them? Unfortunately, the bad breath often returns 1-2 weeks after taking the last dosage... Please, keep us updated!
Hey! Sorry for the late response. I'm not entirely sure how it was diagnosed; I detailed the symptoms I was having and he told me that I definitely had a sinus infection. He prescribed me with amoxicilin-clavulanate and some allergy pills (that I never used). I finished my trial about 3-4 weeks ago and haven't had any problems since then. I don't know if it's been helping, but I've had a minor issue with nasal polyps my entire life and I've been somewhat aggressively blowing my nose each time I shower in hopes of preventing an infection from reoccurring.
sopo
Advanced

Re:

Post by sopo »

Indian wrote:
halitosisux wrote:Some of the nicest people I've ever known are Indian. I spent my whole childhood growing up with an Indian boy, but he died in a car accident when we were 18 and that was the worst thing that has ever happened to me.

Btw, don't worry about your English, it's perfectly fine. I'm glad to talk with anyone who is fighting to figure this shit out, I wish more people were talking. How can it be that there's 1000s of members and millions of people out there with BB and there's only about 2 posts per day - and at least 1 is by ME! Holy shit, I've probably made more posts than everyone else on here combined.

Swanson's and Blis-K12 are not available in the UK either, they are sent from overseas. Can you not get things delivered from overseas there in India?

Please don't be offended, whenever I see India on TV it always relaxes me because nobody seems to look like they care about dirt or odours. They all look hot and sweaty and nobody seems to care less. There was this brilliant series here in the UK called Bombay Railway. I watch it nearly every morning, it's pure therapy to me. India looks like heaven for people who worry about such things. No doubt you must see it differently though.
Indians dont really care about bad breath. TRUE. But a germophobe care. Im a germophobic indian. You know its like a nightmare to walk in some streets of India. Im myself clean and so my house is. I really want my country to be clean. But ppl laugh at me for myself being OVER hygenic. I cant tolerate poop or urine laid on streets . I very rarely use public toilets from childhood. Indian people are kind hearted, good and helpful but only the atmosphere here pollution and sanity part i hate it. i close my mouth with hankies or wear a mask whenever i go out of my house. Sewage odour in almost every streets and roads.
Its my opinion not to hurt my fellow Indians. I can't even find such brilliant bb caring forum in Indian websites. Again, ppl dont really care as much i do.

Hey I'm Indian. PM me if you are willing to meet. We can talk face to face and rate each other's bb.
throwawayhelpacc2
Total Newbie

Re: Bacterial collection on top of Soft Palate

Post by throwawayhelpacc2 »

throwawayhelpacc wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:32 am
Dead wrote:
throwawayhelpacc wrote:For those dealing with the same issue, I had all the symptoms detailed here to the T. If you face any of the symptoms detailed below (like I did), your bad breath might be the result of a bacterial sinus infection:
- Foul-smelling sneezes
- Bad Breath…
- …after eating food.
- …a couple hours after brushing your teeth.
- …in the morning.
- Post Nasal Drip
- Congestion
- Green/Yellow Mucus
- If your bad breath originated from a cold.
- If symptoms have lingered for more than 3-4 weeks.
- Press your thumb against your soft palate and smell it; If it smells, you might have a bacterial sinus infection.
- Constant need to clear your throat
- Collection on top of soft palate
- Nasal stench

The answer to dealing with a BACTERIAL sinus infection is to use antibiotics (In my case, I used amoxicillin-clavulanate, but amoxicillin works as well). Many sources may tell you that antibiotics are useless against a sinus infection — but they’re referring to VIRAL sinus infections, which account for 98% of all sinus infections. If you’d like to do your own DD, research the difference between bacterial sinus infections and viral sinus infections. I’ve had this issue for nearly 4 years, and was only able to successfully eliminate it a couple of days ago through the use of antibiotics. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

tl;dr Check to see if you might have a bacterial sinus infection(!)
Hi, how was your sinus infection diagnosed? Are you still taking the antibiotics? Or how long have you been off them? Unfortunately, the bad breath often returns 1-2 weeks after taking the last dosage... Please, keep us updated!
Hey! Sorry for the late response. I'm not entirely sure how it was diagnosed; I detailed the symptoms I was having and he told me that I definitely had a sinus infection. He prescribed me with amoxicilin-clavulanate and some allergy pills (that I never used). I finished my trial about 3-4 weeks ago and haven't had any problems since then. I don't know if it's been helping, but I've had a minor issue with nasal polyps my entire life and I've been somewhat aggressively blowing my nose each time I shower in hopes of preventing an infection from reoccurring.
[I couldn't remember the login information to this account so I've created another.]

This might sound very strange but what may have assisted with solving my issue was my frequent (and aggressive) nose-blowing - throughout the day and especially in the showers - along with the use of netipots containing apple cider vinegar (sometimes a saline solution). A couple weeks into this neti-pot procedure, I managed to expel a large and smelly clump of mucus that seemed as if it had been stagnant in my nose for ages, allowing my nose to feel a sense of clarity it hasn't felt in years. This, in addition to the antibiotics I've taken, may be the primary reasons why I no longer deal with this issue. Along with what I've already stated, I also consumed mastic gum (in case I had an H. Pyori infection) and tried to keep my nose as obstruction-free and non-swollen as possible (breathing exercises(!), breathing in steam, etc). I also drank a lot of water in order to thin my mucus, to allow it to easily leave my nostrils when I blow my nose. For the first time, I haven't experienced BB & a heavy-feeling soft palate for months after having dealt with this issue constantly for 4 years.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic