Your Email Address:

First Name:

decided i will get the laser surgury

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
BronxJazzy

decided i will get the laser surgury

Post by BronxJazzy »

I'm going to start calling different doctors to find one that does the laser surgery. I have done many other things and have seen significant improvement but I still get that weird taste when I swollow kinda like smileguy reported.I do have bumpy tonsils. I also smell the tonsil stones when I have any about to come out and my tonsils smell. I dont have any smell anywhere else in my mouth. I dont have any smell when I floss, I don't have anythign going on with my tongue and I've tried to smell my own breath with no success. The only thing that smells is my tonsils and even though I clean them pretty much everyday they still smell and I still get tonsil stones. So I pretty much fit the criteria for someone that would see success with the surgury. I'm not expecting a miracle or anything but I figured it wouldn't hurt to see what will happen. As far as the others like smileguy and sono whatever his name is just because they stopped posting doesnt mean they were scammers. Alot of times people find success and move on with their lives. I wouldnt blame them. After being isolated for such a long time wouldn't you want to finally go out and live since you finally have the chance too. In the end just because a method didn't work for you doesn't mean it didn't work for them.

Anyways I will be getting the surgury as soon as I find someone in my area and I will keep you all posted on my progress. I know I'm the third person that has said that but I promise I will.

Jimi Stein
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by Jimi Stein »

smileguy was a spammer because he used 2 defferent accounts on the same computer and with first account he claimed he never had a bad breath and he is kind of a scientist and with the second account hthat he opened some times later he claimed that he had a bd breath and he cured it with probiotics - and only he claimed that the specific probiotics from specific producer were ok, all the others will not do the trick

so please first read the past forum posts about smileguy - he is a spammer from Canada, a lier and a cheater - he just wanted to sell stuff

also soniatrick or what is his name appeared suddenly, get cured after few days and then dissapeared forever

these 2 guys are not to be trusted

:-({|=
bbboy
Total Newbie

Post by bbboy »

hey, i am also decided to get that laser surgury done but since i can't leave Los Angeles i wonder if anybody know some doctor that performe that kind of surgury here in LA. i really want to give it a try, since i always blame my tonsils as the main cause of this shit.
thanks. :-k
Jimi Stein
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by Jimi Stein »

That is great, I think you should ask Dr. Krespi who knows The Finkelstein Smelling test and He know Dr. Finkelstein.

Call Krespi and ask. The number is 212 262 29 29

also the badd breath cause can be in your sinuses so he has to check that also.
BronxJazzy

Post by BronxJazzy »

Good luck bbboy. Yeah its hard to find doctors in my area that do the surgery too . I have called three places so far and they all don't do anything but a tonsillectomy using lasers. But I've found a ton of ents on my insurances webpage so I will call them up sometime this week. I figure your best bet is to just call as many ents as possible. As big as LA is there should be many that do it. By the way if anyone in Virginia know any ents that do it let me know. I can use all the help I can get.
jess
Sheriff

Post by jess »

Hi everyone,
As you all know I sent Dr. Krespi an email last week, telling him that I suffer from chonic halitosis, that I no longer have my tonsils, and that I'd like to know if he can help. His assistant wrote me back an here's what she says:

"" Ms. ..........
If you are interested in scheduling a consultation with Dr. Krespi to see if you are indeed a candidate for a laser assisted tonsil procedure for halitosis please call the number below and ask for me and we can set up an appointment.

Thank You,

Kimberly A. Gross
Assistant to Yosef P. Krespi, MD
Head and Neck Surgical Group
425 W. 59th St., 10th Fl
New York, NY 10019
212-262-2929
(F)212-523-8168 "'

I just talked to her on the phone and she said that even if I don't have my tonsils anymore I could have the laser treatment done if I DO have crypts where the tonsils used to be.
When I look in the back of my throat I don't see or feel that I have crypts, but who knows? Maybe I might be wrong. So I plan to go to NY and have a consultation. I don't know when exactly, but I will go as soon as I can afford the travel and staying expenses.
BronxJazzy

Post by BronxJazzy »

I think that the only way to truely know if the surgery will work for you is to try it. Maybe it would be easier for you to try to find someone closer to your area though. I mean if you have a health plan they usually have websites that have lists of all the doctors that accept it. I found tons of ents there. I think in the end all of those that are wondering if the surgery really works should just go to an ent for an examination at least and talk about the tonsil situation. $800 is nothing to pay for peace of mind at least in my opinion.
oceanside
Master

Post by oceanside »

HI,

I completely agree with you. We have tried everything imaginable without success. This is as scientific as it gets. I too, have an ENT next month. I will ask about this procedure. It's called a crypt laser procedure for halitosis, correct? I am so tired of living this way. I had a dentist appiontment a few hours ago. And as usual, I pushed the issue of having chronic BB with him. He kinda got annoyed with me to tell you the trueth. I said that I am also seing my ENT, so naturally he said that't the best way to go about it. Pass the buck to someone else. Anyway he gave me a deep cleaning b/c I complaind a/b BB. The deep cleaning cost me $214. I got so angry for having BB and having to pay that much for cleaning. I don't have dental insurance, just medical.

Good luck.
Jimi Stein
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by Jimi Stein »

how does the deep cleaning look like? I have never have that done. Does he go under the gums??
oceanside
Master

Post by oceanside »

Jimi wrote:how does the deep cleaning look like? I have never have that done. Does he go under the gums??
The dental hygyene numbs the gum w novacain, or whatever they use, and use a high water pressure device to clean under the gum and between teeth. I still could feel the pain. After they apply anitbacteria solution on the gum and teeth.
BronxJazzy

Post by BronxJazzy »

oceanside wrote:HI,

I completely agree with you. We have tried everything imaginable without success. This is as scientific as it gets. I too, have an ENT next month. I will ask about this procedure. It's called a crypt laser procedure for halitosis, correct? I am so tired of living this way. I had a dentist appiontment a few hours ago. And as usual, I pushed the issue of having chronic BB with him. He kinda got annoyed with me to tell you the trueth. I said that I am also seing my ENT, so naturally he said that't the best way to go about it. Pass the buck to someone else. Anyway he gave me a deep cleaning b/c I complaind a/b BB. The deep cleaning cost me $214. I got so angry for having BB and having to pay that much for cleaning. I don't have dental insurance, just medical.

Good luck.
I call it a laser treatment for the tonsils. You dont have to say for halitosis if you don't want too but if you feel comfortable saying that to your ent then you can. It's been so frustrating trying to find an ent who even knows what the treament is. I still have more numbers that I can call but I think if I can't find any that can do it I will start just trying to get my tonsils removed by laser so that there aren't any holes or anything left. Oceanside did you read the interview that Jimi did with the guy who invented the procedure.
oceanside
Master

Post by oceanside »

Hi everyone,

I had my appiontment w the ENT. He examined my mouth but didn't report anything significant. I think he confirmed that I have BB. He looked in my mouth and asked me to exhale through my mouth. I though he was going to pass out. But the man was tough. Maybe he held his breath. Anyway, he requested I took a sinus xray to see if there's anything wrong w my sinuses that maybe causing the bb.

He looked at my tonsils and said that I do have crypts. He suggested I drank more water during the day. He also said the saliva medication may help. Finally I asked about the laser procedure for removing my tonsil. He doesn't perform laser but he said that he wld consider removing my tonsils. I also printed out a copy of Jimi's interview with Dr. Finkelstein and his laser procedure. The ENT wasn't impressed.

There are several surgical procedures to removing the tonsils. Others reported having their tonsils removed but did not alleviate bb. I want to go ahead and remove my tonsils as well.

I will call around tomorrow for ENT who perform laser here in Tampa. If I find one i will likely ask for a referral. if can't find a dr who performs laser, i will go ahead and have the removal.

it's not going to be anytime soon as doctor likes to wait last minute.

Any suggestions, or comment regarding having tonsils removed not by laser and my chances of being cured? Co2 laser procedure is the same as Dr. Finkelstein?

Oceanside.
BronxJazzy

Post by BronxJazzy »

Hey Oceanside I think it's cool that he is willing to remove the tonsils. Some ENT's are really picky about who they want to give a tonsillectomy too. The success rate for curing bb from a tonsillectomy depend on the condition of your tonsils. You don't really seem to have much of a problem with your tonsils so I'm not sure wether it would do much or not. I would suggest that you get the sinuses x rayed and see if he finds anythign wrong. If he doesn't then maybe you should think about getting the tonsils removed. If you can find a doc in your area that does the procedure you may want to try that instead though. Like I told you before I have an apt at an ENT on Nove 1st. I really can't wait to go because I'm starting to have some major issues with my tonsils. Today for instance I had a few tonsil stones this morning and I wanted to examine them the way I always do just curiosity I guess and they had blood on them. Along with that I have had pain that is shooting from my tonsil to my ear, and an occasional mild humming noise. I don't know what's going on but I'm sure its nothing good.
jess
Sheriff

Post by jess »

I went to an ENT appointment yesterday too. First of all he looked into my mouth, the back of my throat and said that he doesn't see any crypts. He said that my mouth is very clean and that he doesn't even smell any bad breath. Just before he look in my mouth I trew away the gum I was chewing so I told him maybe that's why he doesn't smell anything. But anyways he also checked my nose and my ears and ordered a sinus xray. He also prescribed flonase which is a nasal spray. I've used that spray before once but he said to try using it after I use the nasal irrigator that I normally use to wash my nasal cavity and the back of my throat. I went to have the xray done right after I left his office so now I'm just waiting for him to have the result and see if there's anything abnormal.
oceanside
Master

Post by oceanside »

Likewise. I had the xray done the moment I had the change. the xrays are ready, sitting in my bedroom waiting to be anylyzed by the ENT and hoping that there is something wrong with my sinuses that is causing the bb. though my tonsils doesn't give me the same trouble that most people suffer from i do have tiny stones lodged inside the tonsils and there are cypts, remants from when i used to have large ugly stones when i you a kid and didn't know how to manage my condittion as i do now.

i sure hope that removing my tonsils will alleviate the odor. i wld even settled for a reduction of 50%.

anyway i have a followup visit on the 16th. strange but i look forward to see the doctor. that's b/c i just want this nightmare to end, unlikely but hope prevents me from giving up on myself, and i won't give up.

john
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic