Your Email Address:

First Name:

Laser treatment versus surgical removing of the tonsils

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
Finkels
Total Newbie

Laser treatment versus surgical removing of the tonsils

Post by Finkels »

Hi to all of you,
I would like to clear to the readers, that the laser equipment should be preserved only for cryptolysis. It means vaporization of lymphatic tissue containing crypts where the bacteria, which are putrid gas producers, can exist. This procedure as you know is done under local anaesthesia as an office procedure. This is a way how to reduce the bacterial populations within the oral cavity and especially to remove the anaerobic bacteria.
On the other hand, tonsillectomy, i.e. surgical removal of the tonsils, which as you know is performed under general anaesthesia, should be performed only by blunt dissection using only "cold instruments". The laser should not be employed because the separation of the tonsillar tissue is not "clean" and sometimes tonsillar tissue is removed along with adjacent muscular tissue, and sometimes tonsillar tissue remained in place. In addition, the thermal effect of the laser on the remnant tissue around may cause sever, prolonged and annoying pain.
A skilled surgeon will perform a clean tonsillectomy by cold instrument with minimal pain and risk of bleeding.
Best wishes to all of you,
Professor Yehuda Finkelstein, MD, MA.

BronxJazzy

About blood in tonsil stones

Post by BronxJazzy »

I was wondering if blood in tonsil stones is normal or if its a reson to worry. I had a couple of tonsil stones that had blood in them and along with that soreness in my ears. I don''t know if they are related but think it is because sometiems the pain shoots from my throat to my ears. I also hear a dull humming moise and fullness as well.
oceanside
Master

Post by oceanside »

Wow, jazzy. that sounds very abnormal and concerning too. if that's not an infection than i don't know what is. i hope your surgery is a success. keep us imformed.
Ice
Advanced

Post by Ice »

Hey Jazzy!
First my question is did u mess around ur tonsils with any sharp objcts,even ur nails? because it is easy to damage the tonsils and couse them to bleed!..if they started leeding without a reason then go to a doctor!!
But u probably caused it urfelf...

however..
Well I was thinking the same thing.... there is some conection with mouth area, nose areaand the ears, some kind of a tube, I don't know what its it called in english??....
because my ears are very sensitive inside when I use the ear sticks with cotton to clean them!...they werent that sensitive before..years ago..now they are....Please include this question into the survey!!! if others have very sensitive ears??...and one question where users can write anything unusual, that they think might couse bad breath......--

and another thing, we said the tonque is the simptom of bad breath.....what if it is the other way around?..that the tonque is the answer?...dr. finkels mentioned that there are several patients whose problem lies in their tonque and not their tonsils?..maybe we all have something wrong with the tonque??...maybe some laser therapy on the tonque??...don't know...
u know what ccould be a good ideal, if people from the same are went together to an ENT, so doctors could see that there isn't just one with this problem?..if 5 different people came to one doctor, he would be surprised,called other doctors, then 3 or 4 different doctors would study them together and might find something out! :)
and if not, they would maybe start a research?....maybe who knows....
BronxJazzy

Post by BronxJazzy »

Hey Ice,
Yeah I do clean my tonsils with an interdental brush. It does have a sharp tip but I guess I didn't think of that as what was causing the bleeding because I have been cleaning my tonsils this way for a months and never had that happen. I guess I just went a bit too far in there.
So you have the issues with your ears as well. I'm not sure but I Think its associated with the tonsils. My ears are sensative but just recently became this way. They also have a pain in them when I'm doing nothing to them. Does that happen to you?
Ice
Advanced

Post by Ice »

well be carefull with cleaning the tonsils! Dr. FInkels should probably explain what damage to tonsils does?I don't know for sure, but it can not be good, for a start , blood is food for anaerobic bacteria.
well I feel pain when I massage the outside of my left ear,if I press... That can not be normal. And when I clean the inside of my ears they are VERY SENSITIVE! :!:

There might be some conection between this two things. Does nobody know the name for that tube that's connected with ears?? :?:

I notice tonsil stones increase when I have running nose, when I go to bed And have to clean my nose all the time, I have in the morning alot of halitosis stones!!!
Maybe "we" shoul" investigate why the drainage starts???
When I clean my tonsils, and put the stones "on my fingers, I have to wash my fingers like five times to get rid of that horrible smell. It stinks so bad..
So if I have to wash my hand that carrefuly, imagine how my tonsils smell?! I'm working now and couple of times had lunch with the CEO of the company where I work, and he doesn't "want" to lunch with me anymore...he allways sits on that kind of "position" that I can not sit next to him, and wants anybody else and I mean anybody else to sit next to him... :oops: and everybody knows why.. :cry: thats the worst part.... :-& Couple of times he gave me indirect hints that I should wash my mouth...at first he "liked" me...

one more thing I noticed, it might not be related but anyway,..I noticed I have chest pain when I drink like two glasses of peach juice.....Thats not normal...anyone else

Dr. Finkels or someone who is familiar with his technique should travel around the Europe, and present their methonds to doctors here, cause here nobody does it....

So when's the big operation people??????????? 8-[ 8-[ 8-[ 8-[
BronxJazzy

Post by BronxJazzy »

I can't say that my tonsil stones are more or less at different times. I mean there are times that I get alot and others where I get a little or none. I know that when they are about to come out I can smell them in the back of my throat. It's disgusting. It's like out of no where I will get this gross smell/taste and when I look in the mirror everytime there is a big stone popping out. I have an apt at the ENT for Nov 1st. They dont do the laser procedure but I willl be going to be talking about getting a tonsillectomy. I talked to the lady about my situation and she said that they do remove tonsils for that. So we'll see. Maybe you should go to the ent jsut to see if you could have a problem with your tonsils. Do you think that you do?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic