Your Email Address:

First Name:

Has anyone tried Halita mouthwash?

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
john
Junior

Has anyone tried Halita mouthwash?

Post by john »

it's availabale here in the Netherlands for 20 euros (27 usd).
maybe it is worth a try?
I know a man who had a fecal breath and Halita helped very good.

Jimi Stein
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by Jimi Stein »

my opinion is that all these mouthwashes are the pretty the same, with chlorine dioxide, or zinc dioxide or something similar

I would prefer a natural one, these are harsh chemicals
badtimes

Post by badtimes »

but do they work is the question???

they may be harsh....but so is liviing like this......
oceanside
Master

Post by oceanside »

what are the ingrediants? give it a try, got nothing to lose but $15-$20. if it works, highly unlikey, but that's why we're here to find a cure/alleviation. keep us posted if you decide to try it out. i never heard of it before. just be new.
john
Junior

Post by john »

i only use tonguescraper and that improved my breath. ( i had a score of 75 on a halimeter)
but if anyone wants to give it a try? then i can send you a bottle!
oceanside
Master

Post by oceanside »

Its formula contains:
- Chlorhexidine Digluconate 0.05%, wide-spectrum antiseptic. Bactericidal and bacteriostatic properties against VSC-producing bacteria (bacteria that produce Volatile Sulphur Compounds or bad-smelling substances), the main cause of bad breath.
- Zinc Lactate 0.14%, neutralizes VSCs and protects the oral cavity.
- Cetylpiridinium Chloride 0.05%, antiseptic that acts synergistically with chlorhexidine, prolonging its activity, and helping to decrease VSC production.

You haven't tried the mouthwash? it be interesting to know how it works.
oceanside
Master

Post by oceanside »

john wrote:i only use tonguescraper and that improved my breath. ( i had a score of 75 on a halimeter)
but if anyone wants to give it a try? then i can send you a bottle!
A score of 75 on the halimeter isn't too bad. I can't recall but I think my reading many years ago was somewhere 200-250. I can't remember the exact number.

Why don't you test the mouthwash yourself, than report to us if you experienced significant improvement. The ingrediant, chlorehexidine doens't impress me. but maybe zinc adds a punch. We won't know until someone try it on themselves.
john
Junior

Post by john »

When i went to a dentist who is specialized in halitose, i had a score of 75 on the halimeter (wich is a normal reading) and that was in the morning and i didnt brushed my teetth then.
Even the dentist could not smell my breath.
But often people rubb their noses or turn away their head when i speak to them and that makes me very (i dont know the word)
oceanside
Master

Post by oceanside »

john wrote:When i went to a dentist who is specialized in halitose, i had a score of 75 on the halimeter (wich is a normal reading) and that was in the morning and i didnt brushed my teetth then.
Even the dentist could not smell my breath.
But often people rubb their noses or turn away their head when i speak to them and that makes me very (i dont know the word)
Just say the word, i won't be offended..., "HALIPHOBIC?"

Sometimes, it's your own perception of other people's insecurity. They could be feeling their own sense of discomfort, insecurity, or misreading your body language. They may think you're telling them that their breath is offensive but your reactions are misread. Does that make sense?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic