Your Email Address:

First Name:

halitosis over the years

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
guzler
Advanced

halitosis over the years

Post by guzler »

hello every one , imagine how many people suffer from this sikness over the years and have died without finding a cure of it, milions of people , wow it is a realy depressing , i hope we could find a cure .and i have a feeliing that the internet will help us one day . some thing else i would like to add . i have been searching on line for some kind of forum for more than years but i was not successful until kristen posted in afrench forum that he was in need for our help to find a cure , that is how i have found your forum. i don't know why when you coogle halitosis your forum does not shows up im pretty sure that there is a lot of people who suffer from bad breath just like us but they can't find this forum . again thanks by the way the french forum is very interesting. and they have a lot of members .

oceanside
Master

Re: halitosis over the years

Post by oceanside »

guzler wrote:hello every one , imagine how many people suffer from this sikness over the years and have died without finding a cure of it, milions of people , wow it is a realy depressing , i hope we could find a cure .and i have a feeliing that the internet will help us one day . some thing else i would like to add . i have been searching on line for some kind of forum for more than years but i was not successful until kristen posted in afrench forum that he was in need for our help to find a cure , that is how i have found your forum. i don't know why when you coogle halitosis your forum does not shows up im pretty sure that there is a lot of people who suffer from bad breath just like us but they can't find this forum . again thanks by the way the french forum is very interesting. and they have a lot of members .
Guzler,

Would you be willing to ask the French members to join us in fighting for a cure by signing our petition, and sending emails to various drug companies that we are trying to reach to make a cure for us? Yes, there has been millions suffered and died w halitosis. There will be millions more to come. That's why we have to fight for a cure. Please spread the word to the French support group that we Americans are trying to fight for a cure, and ask them to join us. It will be slow, but we have to try. Please let me know as you may play an important role in making contact with the French members. What is the French support group email address? I would like to begin posting there as well, if they allow Americans to join. LOL.

John
Jimi Stein
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by Jimi Stein »

Guzler

I can set you up with a french forum here but you would have to be the administrator because I do not know any french at all.
jess
Sheriff

Post by jess »

guzler wrote: i have been searching on line for some kind of forum for more than years but i was not successful until kristen posted in afrench forum that he was in need for our help to find a cure , that is how i have found your forum. i don't know why when you coogle halitosis your forum does not shows up im pretty sure that there is a lot of people who suffer from bad breath just like us but they can't find this forum . again thanks by the way the french forum is very interesting. and they have a lot of members .
Hi guzler and welcome to our site. I'm so glad that people have read my post on the french forum " atoute.org" and actually responded to it. I'm the one who posted that message and I go by the name Kristen. By the way I also go by Kristen on BreathHelp4U.com also and when anyone see a message posted by kristen there, it's me. Guzler if you haven't visited the BreathHelp4U website, please do so and please send your information for the petition, it's very important.

To answer your question oceanside I already did ask the members at "atoute.org" to sign the petition. I posted it both in french and in english. Here's what I wrote: http://www.atoute.org/n/forum/showthread.php?t=41254
Again I'm happy that you have visited our sites Guzler and as I presume that you speak french also, please help us get the other members to visit these sites too and sign the petition.

Besides "atoute.org" I've also written to other bb forums making them aware of our project, please everyone do the same so we can have more members joining us and signing the petition in search of a cure.

The french website address is "atoute.org" oceanside

Thank you.
guzler
Advanced

Post by guzler »

so it was you jess ok but you know what i only understand french i i has been 17 years since i spoke it so i forgot . how ever i will do my best to have them sign in . by the way im having trouble with that website. can you help me . again thanks to you and jimi for the hard work .

ps if we can get to show jimi's website any time some one google either bad breath or halitosis believe me we will have a lot of people in this forum..
BBHalit

Post by BBHalit »

jess wrote: To answer your question oceanside I already did ask the members at "atoute.org" to sign the petition. I posted it both in french and in english. Here's what I wrote: http://www.atoute.org/n/forum/showthread.php?t=41254
Again I'm happy that you have visited our sites Guzler and as I presume that you speak french also, please help us get the other members to visit these sites too and sign the petition.

Thank you.
In your post in the other forum, you mentioned that you have went to all physicians including internists, how did they check to see if your internal organs were healthy? Did they open you up and examine the inside or use some kind of tools like camera to check them? Also you didn't mention seeing a psychiatrist, so I assumed you didn't go there yet. It may be the mechanism that your body regulate itself that is the cause. This is why I think stress hurt BBs. In addition to causing dry mouth, it may interfere with your other systems.
I also think the main reason no one had been able to find a cure for this yet is they hadn't been able to see the big picture and all the body parts work together. Bad breath is mostly from the oral region, but the source of it is more than just that. Otherwise good oral hygiene should have taken care of it along time ago.
oceanside
Master

Post by oceanside »

Thank you, Jess for the wedsite. You are a true pioneer, an activist, a champion in the search to finding a cure.

john
jennifer
Total Newbie

Guzler--

Post by jennifer »

Guzler,

I admire your efforts of trying to get pharmaeutical companies involved in finding a cure. However because I believe the majority of us suffer from TMAU, a mouthwash will not be effective. We have a liver disorder. We don't produce enough (or any) of the specific enzyme that properly digests choline in foods. PLEASE research TMAU on internet so that we all have a better understanding of our disorder. In doing so we will be much more effective in targeting the proper researchers to aide in finding a cure: pharmaceutical companies, doctors, pharmacists, etc. Please keep up your heroic efforts! Dr. Pretti at the Monell Center is a great contact as he tests and "treats" for TMAU. His phone number: 212-300-4168 or 215-898-6666

Jennifer
BBHalit

Re: Guzler--

Post by BBHalit »

jennifer wrote:Guzler,

I admire your efforts of trying to get pharmaeutical companies involved in finding a cure. However because I believe the majority of us suffer from TMAU, a mouthwash will not be effective. We have a liver disorder. We don't produce enough (or any) of the specific enzyme that properly digests choline in foods. PLEASE research TMAU on internet so that we all have a better understanding of our disorder. In doing so we will be much more effective in targeting the proper researchers to aide in finding a cure: pharmaceutical companies, doctors, pharmacists, etc. Please keep up your heroic efforts! Dr. Pretti at the Monell Center is a great contact as he tests and "treats" for TMAU. His phone number: 212-300-4168 or 215-898-6666

Jennifer
looks like we may need to start screening for spammers on our web site too.
jennifer
Total Newbie

I'm not a spammer!

Post by jennifer »

I am not a spammer. I have suffered as much as any other participant on this site since the age of 12 from this disorder. I am an interior designer, a real live person who has NO affiliation with The Monell Senses Center or Dr. Preti other than taking the diagnostic test which they provide for TMAU (for which I tested positive). All I ask is that you guys please look into the information on the internet about TMAU. There are lots of sites. People with this very rare problem (aren't we special?) do not produce enough of a liver enzyme that properly digests choline from the foods we eat. Foods that are high in choline such as nuts, egg yolks, liver, beans, etc. eaten in large amounts, exacerbate the odor. In effect, our bodies can't break down food efficiently and it (choline) ends up decomposing in our small intestine. There is a specific diet provided by a real live nutritionist and even a support group who is also doing their best to motivate, fund raise, and educate pharmaceutical companies, pharmacists, researchers, doctors in hopes of finding treatment. Dentists will be of no assistance, I know, I was married to one for 13 years and he was clueless about my odor because it does NOT originate from the mouth. We have tried every oral brush, scrape, rinse, gel on the market. Besides the one member who really believes in the Lavoris(?) mouthwash, doesn't it stand to reason that the problem might just possibly lie elsewhere? Like the liver? Our livers ARE our detoxifiers.

So PLEASE, before you write me off as a spammer, I urge you to be responsible and check into the information I provided in my last post. Don't rely on anecdotal suggestions. I only ask because there is strength in numbers and there are a lot of us on this site. I only want us to focus our energy and efforts in a logical, effective and knowledgeable manner so that we can be more effective in pursuing a treatment or cure without wasting time.

I am not a doctor but from what I understand, it seems so easily attainable to formulate an oral/injectible medicine that simulates the effects of the enzyme most of us (I believe) are missing or deficient.

Just please look into the information I gave in my last post. The diagnostic test is rather expensive but we are not dealing with a Dr. Richter (I went to his clinic in PA with my dentist husband to no avail), or a Dr. Katz. The people involved at this center are professional PHD. medical research people, not dentists out to make a buck. It does not matter to me if any of you take the test since I have no vested interest. I only want to do whatever it takes to motivate as many people as I can so that we can get out there and effect a cure! Some of you guys are such great renegade mavericks, it would be great to focus on the real problem so that we can better influence and motivate a cure.

I'll still be open to any questions you guys might have. Sincerely -Jen
austuser
Sheriff

Post by austuser »

another factor which might be worth looking into is genetics. I know my dad has halitosis (although i've never told/discussed it with him). Who else has parents/family members with halitosis??
jess
Sheriff

Re: I'm not a spammer!

Post by jess »

jennifer wrote:Besides the one member who really believes in the Lavoris(?) mouthwash, doesn't it stand to reason that the problem might just possibly lie elsewhere? Like the liver? Our livers ARE our detoxifiers.
Jennifer I understand your point. However we support John (oceanside) because he says his bad breath was gone for two years using lavoris. Two years is a long time to be halitosis free, so that's why we need to support him.

Also I've always wanted to get tested for TMAU. But for some reason I can never get the right information as of how to get tested. So since you said you've already been tesed, if you could give us more detail about how to get the test done it would be appreciated. Thanks.
Kristen (jess)
guzler
Advanced

Post by guzler »

what does it serve to know if you have TMAU or not since there is no cure or treatment for it . here is an article in ABC news abcnews.go.com/Primetime/story?id=2288096

http://abcnews.go.com/Primetime/story?id=2288096
jess
Sheriff

Post by jess »

guzler wrote:what does it serve to know if you have TMAU or not since there is no cure or treatment for it . here is an article in ABC news abcnews.go.com/Primetime/story?id=2288096

http://abcnews.go.com/Primetime/story?id=2288096
I can't believe you just said that. At least if you get tested and the result is negative, you'll be able to rule out TMAU as the cause. And if the result is positive, you'll know what you're dealing with for sure, and work towards finding a cure for it. Just because there's not a cure for TMAU right now doesn't mean there will NEVER be one in the future. Staying in ignorance is not gonna take you anywhere.

Kristen (jess)
Jimi Stein
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by Jimi Stein »

Can someone of us try the TMAU diet for 2 weeks and see how it goes?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic