Your Email Address:

First Name:

halitosis over the years

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
jennifer
Total Newbie

genetics

Post by jennifer »

austuser wrote:another factor which might be worth looking into is genetics. I know my dad has halitosis (although i've never told/discussed it with him). Who else has parents/family members with halitosis??
Yayyy, I'm glad some of y'all are beginning to be open to the idea of the potential cause of our disorder. Don't have too much time to respond to all at this time but just wanted to say that YES absolutely TMAU is genetic. FROM WHAT I UNDERSTAND it is mainly a "congenital" defect, but absolutely, it can be passed from one generation to the next. Austuser(?right), YOU of all, should take the test. It is a simple urine test. It's about a couple hundred dollars(?) and can be ordered from Dr. Preti at number given previously. I'll be happy to discuss this with you in depth at a later time but please do consider it, it is very simple, fast, easy, painless...and then you'll know. For what it is worth, I bought the test and then let it sit in my closet for almost a year--because I really didn't believe that I would test positive. I thought the odor emanated from my mouth only, so I just didn't think I'd qualify as one of those really badly afflicted unfortunate ones. Hmmm. I was wrong, and my ex-husband is a dentist! Our friends and loved ones are very kind, no one told ME! I just knew something was definitely wrong to have some of the symptoms I've had since the ago of 12 when it came on suddenly.

Just want to enlist as many of you guys as possible because there is strength in numbers and the more renegades (like Oceanside(?), Jimi(?)) that I can motivate, well, the better for us all. No there is no cure YET, but there is going to be once we get enough people and money behind it; if y'all will inform yourselves on how relatively simple a cure/treatment could likely be...we just have to target and motivate the right people!

Geez, I only HAD a few minutes...okay so, in terms of "the TMAU diet", I'll get back to you later, but just so you know--it's not a 2 week "cure". I'll also get back with the support group website address that will send you a copy of "the diet" free, along with some other critical information including testing.

This is the first time I've ever participated in a chat room (guess that's what this is called), so I'm probably doing everything wrong, but bear with me, I'm not a computer geek. I'm so glad I found you though as I've suffered along with you, but I just know that the more people who are educated, the closer we get to treatment.

BTW--do any of you find the odor worsens--bad taste, etc.-- the day after having consumed alcohol? (okay, too much alcohol) :-) Will get back with more specific website addresses and info soon.

Jennifer

austuser
Sheriff

Post by austuser »

alcohol always makes your breath worse.

About the TMAU thing, you mentioned that eating eggs and beans will worsen symptoms? I am lactose intiollerant but my bowel also reacts very badly when i have a large amount of eggs in the morning or a salad consisting primarily of beans (red kidney etc..). I have to shit straight away and its always diarreha...I never did understand why that was. I had a colonoscopy last week to see if I have celiac disease and they took some biopsies of my bowel and Im waiting for the results.

So the test for TMAU is a kit that you have to buy?? I am in Australia, can I just go to my local GP and get one?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic