Your Email Address:

First Name:

Tongue laser?

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
Larc400
God

Tongue laser?

Post by Larc400 »

Hi all :arrow: Does anyone know if it is theoretically possible to perform laser treatment on the tongue with the aim of closing the little crypts (between the papillae)? This is where the majority of the "BB bacteria" hang out, so if we destroy their homes it will surely lead to a radical decrease of oral bacteria levels..? I can imagine such a treatment may have an effect on tastebuds, but who cares? Not me.
Any tongue or laser experts out there?

[-o<

Yours, Karl

austuser
Sheriff

Post by austuser »

Ive always wondered this myself. From all the research ive done, the tongue is the main source of VSC producing bacteria, and most people who have bb have a groved or cracked tongue, where all this bacteria can reside (this is the purpose of tongue scrapers). So if the surface were to be smoothed out, surely that would eliminate the problem??

there are however many people here who believe the tongue is not even %10 of the problem, so i dont know.
BBHalit

Post by BBHalit »

If such a surgery exist, then I'd much prefer to try it than removing my tonsils, since normal people don't have a problem with their tonsils.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic