Your Email Address:

First Name:

Maybe a Cure??

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
AS
Total Newbie

Maybe a Cure??

Post by AS »

Hello everyone,
I’m new here, but I felt that I just had to tell as many fellow sufferers as possible about what may be a remedy or even a cure for at least some.

I’m 56 years old and have suffered from BB since my early teens and so I do understand completely, the misery that it brings to our lives. But, since last year, my breath has dramatically improved.
I was a little overweight at the time, not much..maybe a stone and a half (21lbs).
One day I decided to go on a keep fit regimen and after maybe a couple of months, I could really tell the difference with my breath. What my regimen consisted of is as follows:

Diet: For breakfast I had a red grapefruit, followed by a bowl of bran flakes, grapes, and semi skimmed milk.
For dinner I had a low calorie microwave meal which usually included boiled rice.
And that was it..each and every day. I completely cut out anything containing sugar..ie. no cakes, sweets, buscuits or fizzy drinks. No tea, or coffee. and no fried food whatsoever. In fact I drank nothing but water....but LOTS of water throughout the day.
Actually thats not strictly true, I did allow myself some alcohol a few times a week. But I drank only vodka with fresh orange juice. Remember vodka is the most finely distilled and pure of all alcoholic drinks. I also cut out bread completely.

Coupled with this, in order to lose weight, I went jogging everyday. Up to 3 miles, and sometimes I did this twice a day. I did not run non stop, but I’d run for as long as possible, then stop and continue walking till I felt recovered enough to run again, and I’d repeat this until I covered the distance. After two and a half months, I had got my stomach measurement down from 42 inches to 35. This may sound like a pretty strict regime, but believe me, after a short time you get used to it, and you dont miss other types of food.

The point I am making here is that I gave my body a complete fitness and health overhaul, cutting out the bad foods and gaining a fitter body. Of course, my stomach had shrunk...this may have something to do with it, I dont know.
I also noticed a pronounced reduction in the amount of mucus I produced. Prior to this, there was quite a bit I brought up throughout the day...mostly a pale yellow in colour. Now, any mucus I do produce is clear.

That regimen lasted for about 6 months, and my breath really has improved a lot. Since then, my diet has lapsed a little but I still keep to the same breakfast and and I eat very little bread. Also hardly any fried food still...and very little in the way of cakes, sweets etc. although I do now drink tea and coffee again, but with only a little sugar.

It HAS worked for me. It could be because of just some of the food I avoided, or it could be because of the complete fitness overhaul I did which detoxified my body. I’m not saying that it will work for everyone. It may be that it has worked because of my particular constitition. But there may be others of you with a similar constitution to mine...and it may work for you also...you never know.

Please consider what I have written here and do try it, because, as I said earlier, I understand completely, the misery that bad breath brings to us sufferers and anything...absolutely anything ....is worth trying

H.A.

Larc400
God

Post by Larc400 »

Great!
It'd be interesting to know how bad your problem was... did you have chronic halitosis..? Did people around you confirm this..? How would you/they caracterize the "aroma"? If you want to give even more info there's a survey here. :idea:
noptical
God

Post by noptical »

I wish this would be the solution for me too but I've gone through different diets, I work out and I'm pretty fit but.... :(
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic