Your Email Address:

First Name:

FROM A PRODUCER AT THE TYRA BANKS SHOW

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
ProducerMelissa
Total Newbie

FROM A PRODUCER AT THE TYRA BANKS SHOW

Post by ProducerMelissa »

Hello,
My names is Melissa Key and I am a producer for the Tyra Banks show. I am currently working on a show about people who suffer from illnesses, disorders or circumstances that cause them feel trapped inside their homes.
I would very much like to bring attention to the millions of people who are suffering in this country. Whether it be from body odor, halitosis, social anxiety or agoraphobia - these are all medical conditions that I believe need to be talked about so that people realize that they are not alone and that there are successful, happy people who do live with them.
I would very much like to talk to you or anyone who might be interested in talking to me. Please don’t be afraid or embarassed to contact me...as you know this is something that affects many, many people. Many of them who don’t know that they are not alone and that it’s a medical problem NOT a hygiene problem. I really want to include this in my show and the only way I can is if people contact and tell me their stories me. I hope to hear from people soon.
All the best,
Melissa
--
Melissa Key
Producer

CBS Television City
7800 Beverly Blvd Suite 2202
Los Angeles, CA 90036
323-575-8208
[email protected]

noptical
God

Post by noptical »

Hello
Count me in. I can give you any information you want and can tell you anything you want about my experiences as long as you dont need any personal info nor I need to appear on a show or anything :D (even if it was ok, i live in Europe :) )

Thanks for giving is the opportunity to be heard.
Jimi Stein
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by Jimi Stein »

Mellisa Welcome to our website. Here you will get all the info you need about bad breath from first hand. Probably Jess and Joe would be the best to talk to.
jess
Sheriff

Post by jess »

Hi Melissa and thank you for your interest in our cause. I personally have sent many email messages to the Tyra show concerning this issue, and I'm going to send you my story again right now. However, our main goal of going public with our situation is to get in contact with researchers and/or scientists in this field so we can get help for this condition in any way possible. This bb problem is a nightmare for anyone affected by it and everyday we spend living with it is a lost day.

Thanks again for your understanding.

Sincerely,

Kristen (jess)
ProducerMelissa
Total Newbie

Jess,
I would love to speak with you. I didn't receive any of the messages you sent to Tyra. If possible would you please e-mail me your number and I will call you. I'd also like to talk to you about any research you might know of or treatments. I would like to try and get our guests help if at all possible.
Thank you so much,
Melissa Key
Producer
The Tyra Banks Show
oceanside
Master

Post by oceanside »

Dear Ms. Keys;

I can tell you exactly how it feels to be living with chronic halitosis. My reality is nothing less than a living nightmare. Wither a person suffering from chronic halitosis lives in
a mega urban city in Manhattan or in a desolated and remote tribal community in the Amazon jungle, halitosis is demoralizing to the soul.

Imagined living day after day with chronic bad breath that not matter how often one brushes his/her teeth, floss, gargle with mouthwash throughout the day, the foul, putrid odor won’t go away. I am living in a 24 hour continual state of hyper paranoia, extreme self-consciousness, and helplessness to reliving my chronic breath problem. It’s appalling, demoralizing, and utterly repulsive. This disorder has caused me to feel
ashamed of myself, my state of existence, damaged my relationships, and alienated me to a life of shame and withdrawal from social contact.

Society looks down on others with bad breath as someone with poor oral hygiene and often times contribute bad breath to neglect and laziness. We are anything by lazy with our hygiene. Chronic halitosis is misunderstood and looks down upon with contempt. Every one of us suffers from some forms of depression, hopelessness, and self pity. To have co-workers and colleagues talking about our breath problems as if you are diseased, cursed individuals to be avoided is demoralizing and very painful to deal with.

We are ordinary people, a brother, a sister, a mother, a father to someone beloved. We are just unfortunate souls which were affected by some forms of chemical and physiological imbalance causing us to suffer/endure a most sickening of a disorder which science and the medical community abandoned, and are clueless as to diagnosis and treating this chronic disorder. We are left on our own without hope and without sympathy. We will likely die with chronic halitosis. It’s a tragedy.

The members had cried out for help, begged for relief, wept in aguish but it seems that our tears and desperation has gone ignored. We’ve suffered more than most people can imagine. My words and feelings don’t do justice in representing the broader scope of sufferers, but I can whole heartedly say, that cancer victims, even HIV victims has
greater chances of a cure and hope of full recovery than we will ever have a chance of being able to joyfully laugh out loud, comfortably enjoying a heartfelt face-to-face conversation without others negatively reacting to the odor, offering mints or a piece of gum, or placing their hand over their nose indicating repulsiveness and disgust.

We’ve wronged no one, robbed no body, deceived, lied, or cheated anyone to deserving this punishment. We are cursed to suffer this wretched disorder without relief. Nonetheless, we remain searching and hoping that someday a true champion will come to our aid by setting us free with a viable, medically acceptable cure. When that day arrives, we will celebrate our liberation and freedom with tears of joy.

There’s no river too wide which I won’t swim across, a bridge too long which I won’t cross, or a mountain too high which I won’t’ climb in order to find a cure for myself and for my fellow sufferers/soul mates.

My intention for sharing this testimony was not to draw attention onto myself but to expose our plight and anguish so that others can understand and be compelled to move with compassion and mercy to come to our aid. We need help; we need a cure. Please Ms. Keys don’t exploit our misfortunes to serving a purpose, fulfilling your agenda, but allowing your power of influence via the media/television to champion our cause and desperation. Please respond to our cry for help. Be our champion. Let the world know about our circumstances and alienation. Let the world know we need a cure.

I personally do not have the courage to present myself in front of an audience for examination because of the shame factor. Somehow if I were affected with cancer, some terminal illnesses I wouldn’t hesitate, but chronic bad breath is demoralizing and utterly shameful to talk about. I have family, co-workers, and friends who will forever judge me which I can’t face. It’s the nature of our affliction and how society has looked upon bad breath as the most undesirable, repulsive thing to have and contributes bad breath to a worse fate than cancer or AIDS.

As you can see for yourself, this site and several other sites have membership well over a thousand, therefore, our problems are real. There is a pill, a cure, a remedy for just about every disorder, illnesses, pain, and suffering know to man. Till this date, not one medically acceptable remedy or prescription form medication to treating chronic halitosis has been invented by science. I’ve personally spoken via the telephone to the renowned physician and biochemist, Dr. Jeffrey Hillman of Oraganics Biopharmaceutical begging him to become our champion, pleading to him to begin compressive research, testing, and formulating a viable cure for chronic halitosis. In response to my cry, Dr. Hillman stated that he wholeheartedly believes there will not be a cure for chronic halitosis within his lifetime.

Please champion our sufferings.

Sincerely,

John
jess
Sheriff

Post by jess »

ProducerMelissa wrote:Jess,
I would love to speak with you. I didn't receive any of the messages you sent to Tyra. If possible would you please e-mail me your number and I will call you. I'd also like to talk to you about any research you might know of or treatments. I would like to try and get our guests help if at all possible.
Thank you so much,
Melissa Key
Producer
The Tyra Banks Show

I just sent you my story with my personal info via your email address. Let me know if you found it.
Busted
God

Post by Busted »

I've been keeping this problem as my little secret for years, because I was so ashamed to tell anyone, but right now I really want to tell someone my story. Unfortunately I live in europe too.

thanks though for giving us the opportunity to be heard
yogs

Post by yogs »

Welcome to the website Melissa. I am glad u contacted this site.
Thanks
yogs
ProducerMelissa
Total Newbie

Hi Yogesh,
I am glad I contacted this sight as well, the people on it have been incredibly open and generous and I greatly appreciate it.
Thanks very much for telling me about it.
All the best,
Melissa
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic