Your Email Address:

First Name:

List of foods with CHOLINE for TMAU people

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
bimms

List of foods with CHOLINE for TMAU people

Post by bimms »

Hello:

I found this pdf with a list of the choline content of foods. (Since TMAU people must avoid choline).

Interestingly, the most choline-dense food seems to be eggs.

Last night I went over to a friend's house, he made me a drink with raw eggs in it. Later on, he started saying "What's that smell:"

LOL!

I'm seriously pretty sure that I have TMAU now.

Anyway, here's the list in pdf form:

http://www.nal.usda.gov/fnic/foodcomp/D ... holn02.pdf

Notice that eggs are the worst, followed by meats and whole grains. I think if we avoid these if we have TMAU, then we should be able to keep our odors under control.

Here's the diet I currently do:

1. Fruit for breakfast
2. Vegetables dipped in Yogurt for lunch
3. Green smoothies for dinner
4. A few handfuls of nuts for supper.

It works pretty well. My bad breath only seems to come when I eat eggs, meat, or grain products.

Dairy is also something I mostly avoid, but I do use yogurt and it seems to be okay.

deebas
Advanced

Post by deebas »

vegetables dipped in yoghurt for lunch... you must get some interesting looks.. :D

how long do you think you could keep a diet like yours up for... I probably couldn't go longer than a few days

Also I guess you can't have alcohol because of the grains?
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

bimms, on reading your post, I just feel an urge to congratulate you for reaching your conclusions and wish you all the best on dealing with this, whatever might come of it.
I know if I had to i'd eat green radioactive slime if it meant just one day of living without this curse, but having read quite a lot on this lately, its not so bad, and if you have secondary TMAU especially its very hopeful you'll have your BB under control in no time. Even primary TMAU is controllable to an extent.
Good luck!
elliott
God

Post by elliott »

Careful, I think nuts are a cholic food.

:x :roll:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic