Your Email Address:

First Name:

My Thoughts

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
findthecure

My Thoughts

Post by findthecure »

I'm new but have read people's post for some time. Thanks Jim.

I have no doubt that most BB is related to digestion. Everyone here is taking care of their oral hygeine. Is there anyone here who doesn't have serious digestive issues ? I am also curious about acne and allergies. But not sure of the strong connection. I have tried all the usual rubbish- breeze, kforce, therabreath etc. I think mine started after prolonged antibiotics use for acne. I also had a history of mouth ulcers (canker sores) but not anymore. The soap does help a bit. I think that more antibiotics doesn't make sense in the long run. I have sufferred with BB for around 10 years. I feel that improving my stomach health will lead to a reduction in the problem.

Here is my current strategy.
1. Lemon Juice every morning
2. 1 dose of fiber capsules every day.
3. bananas (2 or 3)
4. One double serving of organic yogurt
5. One or two probiotic smoothies
6. 2 small servings of another type of special yogurt
7. One type of probiotics capsules
8. 2 probiotics lozenges

I eat regular food for lunch and dinner. No red meat, milk, chocolate, cheese and rich deserts. Coffee rarely.No hard liquor. I exercise a couple of times a week - want to increase the frequency.

I have been doing this for two days. In the past, I have tried different combinations with very limited success. I am certain that when I am constipated or have diarrhea my BB is much worse. Normally, it is bad and a social problem but I can live with it.

Antibiotics, moutwashes, soaps etc. are all temp fixes. Think of BB as a signal that we need to get our health in order. I will try this current regimen for at least 6 weeks before I switch some brands and try some other combination (brands) of yogurts/probiotics capsules. I will keep going till I can think of something better. Any thoughts anyone ?

findthecure

Post by findthecure »

Hi Guys, I can definitely report an improvement in my digestion. Not to get too graphic but I have had six days straight of great sh..s. No constipation or diarrhea. I still have bad BB but I feel it is about 20% better. My tongue also looks better but isn't pink. Not confident to bring it up with someone yet. I think bananas and the combination of yogurts and probiotics pills (as well as lemon juice twice daily) have helped. In any event, a healthy stomach is obviously great and I am going to keep this up if things stay the same. May be the BB will take time to reduce till it is no longer a problem. I strongly recommend the bananas (unless you are allergic) and one big lemon squeezed into hot water first thing in the morning. I suspect many different probiotics brands will work. I don't want to recommend a brand but try different ones. I could feel the positive effects of this particular cocktail by the third day.

About Candida. I think it is just rubbish. I was thinking about that three or four years ago - no doctor believed it, but one gave me nystatin mouthwash. That helped ALOT in the beinning but by the end of two weeks I could feel the effects waning and when my prescription was over I felt it wasn't worth the effort to get another one. I think it is a temp cure like the other mouthwashes. Two other (admittedly far from perfect) reasons why I think digestion is involved (at least for some of us). i) I have a good friend who had BB just like mine. He moved away and I met him recently. I couldn't help but ask him and he was embarrassed and said that it was better digestion and diet. I know he had some food allergies - but not sure if this is related. ii) I remember quite clearly that I had the same BB when I had diarrhea as a child. At that age my breath was fine most of the time.

I think that going down the candida part isn't worth it. But I guess it makes sense for different people to experiment with different things. I strongly recommend against taking antibiotics as a cure.

One additional thing. I have added chlorella to my regimen. The improvement began before I started taking chlorella. Let me reiterate - I AM NOT CURED. I still have a serious BB problem that is embarrassing. However, I can unequivocally state that my digestion over the last 5 days is significantly better and my breath MAY be marginally better. It is much easier to know if your digestion is better.

I think that as ageneral strategy we should be looking for two things. i) short term fixes ( benz whatever soap, lavoris etc.) ii) a long term solution. The latter will take time and I guess the improvement will be gradual. I have been using the soap.

Also take of your general health. Exercise, eat right, sleep enough etc.

Good luck to all and take care.
austuser
Sheriff

Post by austuser »

i think the ONLY reason your digestion is better is because u cut out dairy. I think youre lactose intollerant. I had the exact same problem for 2 years so i went on a gluten free and lactose free diet and cut out EVERYTHING except for meat fish and boiled vegetables. It cured my diareha.

When i stopped the diet it came back until i just cut out all lactose (this includes even white breat as most use milk). Cured.

But your diet is very healthy and u should probably keep it up anyway.

U used nyastin mouthwash? So what if the candida was systemic, intestinal or in your esophagus where it usually resides???? A mouthwash wont reach those areas. If the mouthwash got rid of your bad breath for that week, then your problem must be fungal, right? Coz as far as i know nyastin is an anti-fungal, not an antibiotic, it only attacks fungus.

Try nyastin again, the capsules or pills. Or try fluconazole (diflucan).

then again i havent treated myself for yeast yet, so im only putting ideas out there.
findthecure

Post by findthecure »

I'm sorry if I wasn't clear. I have continued to have all the things I mentioned in my first post. I have smoothies in the morning as well as organic yogurt in the night. I stopped having milk/ cheese/ butter etc. a long time ago. I think yogurt is different. I think this recent change is because of the probiotic pills - everything else was tried before. Though perhaps not together. I am going to wait for at least another week before I can recommend this to anyone. I have to say that it is all low risk and quite healthy.

About the Nyastatin. I'm sorry I was wrong. I think I did what is standard - swish ir in your mouth for five min and then swallow it. It did help initially and in a dramatic fashion. But it could have been the high sugar or something. I did feel the effects gradually lessening. But try it. I believe you don't need a precription to get in Canada (I'm in the US) - so it can't be that bad. If it works for you - I will definitely try it again. Right now, I am trying to go natural and find a permanent healthy solution. I strongly believe that, at least in my case, my BB is closely related to digestion. Also Candida seems to attract a lot of scam artists. I'd just be careful and don't believe all the garbage you find on the internet. I'm sure that you know that already. Cheers.
elliott
God

Post by elliott »

nothing wrong with lemon juice and bananas.
I read that apples (especially red or golden delicious) and apple juice promote good digestion as well.

funny, bad breath won't kill, it will actually make you care to pay more attention to your health... you may live 15 more years with bad breath, than without!

--Anyway, it's difficult because there are different causes for this condition. Could be the mouth, stomach, sinus, esophagus, colon, bacteria, candida....etc.

Hard to say what will work for who. Almost want to put people in categories...ok here's the digestion group.... these people have PND....over there are the people with fillings... etc. We need a chart! LOL

--how do you test for yeast?
austuser
Sheriff

Post by austuser »

from the breezecare website:

"So killing off the bacteria, does solve the problem in the short term. However a problem arises the moment you stop the antibiotics and your mouth and body start to colonise again with bacteria. In a freshly unpopulated environment, you can actually end up with more of the anaerobic bacteria, as these bacterium are more hardy and quicker to populate the mouth. Should you end up with an overgrowth of the Candida fungus, the problem will become worse. Candida is very difficult to remove and control once it takes hold. Often you need another course of antibiotics to remove the Candida and then the problem starts all over again."

This, I believe, is what happened to me after taking metronidazole. Even though i used probiotics including K12 after it, i got an overgrowth of candida very quickly. Now my breath is worse than before. K12 probiotics actually did help me over time, because i got to the point where i was only experiencing bb 1 or 2 days a week. Now im back to square 1, and it may take another year for K12 to properly colonize my mouth.
noptical
God

Post by noptical »

austuser wrote:This, I believe, is what happened to me after taking metronidazole. Even though i used probiotics including K12 after it, i got an overgrowth of candida very quickly. Now my breath is worse than before. K12 probiotics actually did help me over time, because i got to the point where i was only experiencing bb 1 or 2 days a week. Now im back to square 1, and it may take another year for K12 to properly colonize my mouth.
Oh now I see why your bad breath came back :P
austuser
Sheriff

Post by austuser »

lol

your probably right
andwereoff
Total Newbie

Post by andwereoff »

I took acne meds when I was a young teen and that's when I first noticed that I had BB. Not sure if I had it before then because no one mentioned myself having BB when I was young.

But, my grandma was the first to say something to me when I was around 13, which was also around the time I started taking meds for acne.

Who knows, maybe there is a connection between the two.
Crepusculo

Post by Crepusculo »

This is getting me worried. I've had bad breath since just a couple of months ago, and it was because of my sinus and the mucous that was held up at the back of my throat. I started on antibiotics just 3 days ago to remove those bacterias who causes bad breath and i've been fine. Of course i'll stop taking them tomorrow because it's a 5 day program, and now i'm afraid it will come back like it did with some of you. I'm not sure if it's the same case because i never had bb before, so i just dont know. :(
noptical
God

Post by noptical »

Crepusculo wrote:This is getting me worried. I've had bad breath since just a couple of months ago, and it was because of my sinus and the mucous that was held up at the back of my throat. I started on antibiotics just 3 days ago to remove those bacterias who causes bad breath and i've been fine. Of course i'll stop taking them tomorrow because it's a 5 day program, and now i'm afraid it will come back like it did with some of you. I'm not sure if it's the same case because i never had bb before, so i just dont know. :(
No especially YOU shouldnt be worried since you ve got bb only for a couple of months and its not a chronic problem ;) It could just be some kind of infection (h. pylori?), dental problem or sinusitis, candida or something simple anyway.
You also better stop worrying because stress does cause bb ;)
Crepusculo

Post by Crepusculo »

noptical wrote:
Crepusculo wrote:This is getting me worried. I've had bad breath since just a couple of months ago, and it was because of my sinus and the mucous that was held up at the back of my throat. I started on antibiotics just 3 days ago to remove those bacterias who causes bad breath and i've been fine. Of course i'll stop taking them tomorrow because it's a 5 day program, and now i'm afraid it will come back like it did with some of you. I'm not sure if it's the same case because i never had bb before, so i just dont know. :(
No especially YOU shouldnt be worried since you ve got bb only for a couple of months and its not a chronic problem ;) It could just be some kind of infection (h. pylori?), dental problem or sinusitis, candida or something simple anyway.
You also better stop worrying because stress does cause bb ;)
True... but i still find it hard to believe that bad breath can be a chronic thing... i'm sorry, i just find that weird. I see it like the body telling you something's wrong or causing it. Either way i hope it was an infection and it was cured.
thanatos
God
Post by thanatos »

:-k
Last edited by thanatos on Fri Jan 17, 2014 6:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
austuser
Sheriff

Post by austuser »

then again, i doubt many of us had this problem when we were kids, or if so, not when we were babies.

Mine personally started in my teens, so something must have happened or changed. Something which is reversible.
Crepusculo

Post by Crepusculo »

austuser wrote:then again, i doubt many of us had this problem when we were kids, or if so, not when we were babies.

Mine personally started in my teens, so something must have happened or changed. Something which is reversible.
Yeah, that's exactly what I think, something must have trigged it. But i'm sure people who have had it for a longer period of time should know better. I've known cases of people who have chronic BO, but it's very rare.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic