Your Email Address:

First Name:

raw food diet

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
seanlee1980
Advanced

raw food diet

Post by seanlee1980 »

So, who's been on a raw food diet besides Jimi? Please share your experiences. I've read that "raw foods, especially those with chlorophyll feed the friendly bacteria in the intestines. Cooked and processed foods inherently feed the harmful bacteria."

bimms

Post by bimms »

Yes, the raw food diet does work if you seriously give it a go.

It is kind of like the Titanic Ocean Liner. It takes a long time to turn an ocean liner ship around, and the same goes for your body.

It takes a long time of eating a raw diet for you to turn your body around from ACID regular foods (bad breath causing) to ALKALINE raw foods (good breath causing).

However, the good news is, once you have the ocean liner of your body traveling in an ALKALINE direction, messing up by eating a little bit of regular food will NOT suddenly make you ACID again.

My point being, after an initial hard-core raw diet "couple of months," you can slip up a little bit, by eating a little bit of cooked food, and your general trend will still be toward good breath based on overall body ALKALINITY.

At the current time, I eat a small amount of cooked food, say 20 percent of my diet, generally on the weekends, and I still have good breath. You don't have to be 100 percent raw, although you should try to be near 100 percent at first.

My normal every day diet is like this:

1. I eat a bananas for breakfast when I get up. I normally eat at least 4 bananas. This is called a "mono-meal" because you only eat 1 type of food. Raw food theory says that mono-meals are good for you.

2. I eat fruit for lunch. They say that the healthiest diet should have all the colors of the rainbow in it. The Standard American Diet (SAD) is brownish-beige in color. If you want to be healthy, you should try to eat all the colors of the rainbow instead, and eating fruit is the easiest way to do so. Fruit is delicious, it is the best lunch in my opinion. I try to eat at LEAST 6 pieces of fruit for lunch, maybe more depending on what is in season.

3. When I get home from work, I drink a "Green leafy smoothie" in my blender. This is the most important part of the diet. The Chlorophyll in the green leafy smoothies pumps maximum health (and ALKALINITY) into your body. It basically nukes your bad breath, which is caused by having an ACID body environment. If you want to know how to make green smoothies, just go to youtube and search for green leafy smoothies.

4. My last meal of the day I shred 1 cucumber and 1 zucchini into a large pan, using a cheese grater. I throw some broccoli, carrots, and cauliflower in. Then I pour some spaghetti sauce over it, heat it up, and presto: I have raw pasta soup. Again, go to Youtube and type in "Raw Pasta" with Jennifer Cornbleet for more info.

Cornbleet makes her own spaghetti sauce, but I like to buy pre-made spaghetti sauce just because it is easier and I'm lazy. Also, she uses a peeler and a spiral slicer, but I think it is easier just to shred the whole zucchini with a cheese grater. Finally, I like to use a cucumber as well, because I always try to go for maximum fruit and vegetable variety. However, you can try her way if you want to be more complicated, or if you want to mix things up.

I find that having my 4th meal be heated makes it more likely that I can keep to this hard-core raw diet. Looking forward to 1 hot meal makes a HUGE difference, believe me. (Be careful not to OVER-heat it, however. Too much heat destroys the raw food benefit, it adds more Choline, which adds to both acidity and bad breath.

Good luck.
seanlee1980
Advanced

Post by seanlee1980 »

Thanks for the info. I've actually been on a more candida free diet and I have noticed a difference already. And, also I've been taking biozole, the anti fungal medicine for about 5 days. First few days, I just ate salads, vegetables, and apple or banana. I noticed a great difference in the taste of my mouth after couple of days but I felt really weak and hungry so I added chicken, tofu, soy milk and brown rice to my diet. But then, the bad taste started coming back. This is not really bad news because I know raw food diet is working. I just got to figure out what out of chicken, tofu, soy milk and brown rice caused my bad breath to flare up again.

Yeah, maybe I just need to go strictly on a raw food diet for much longer and then I can introduce some descent tasting food into my diet.

Thank you, Jimi, and KeepTrying for so much information!
KeepTrying09
Sheriff

Post by KeepTrying09 »

seanlee1980 wrote:First few days, I just ate salads, vegetables, and apple or banana. I noticed a great difference in the taste of my mouth after couple of days but I felt really weak and hungry so I added chicken, tofu, soy milk and brown rice to my diet. But then, the bad taste started coming back.
Hey Seanlee1980,

You should check out http://www.westonaprice.org/Soy-Alert/.

I would say that adding the tofu and soy milk back to your diet might have caused the bad taste to come back. Soy, or any soy product is not as healthy as people say it is. Do some further research on google and you'll find lots of supporting evidence.

Oh yeah, and glad to hear your package arrived to you. Good luck with it! Keep us updated on your progress.
elliott
God

Post by elliott »

Seems like we can't eat anything. Sorry but I've tried eliminating pretty much everything. Not all at once, but in separate stages during the last 3-4 years.

I dunno about anyone else, but for me, I've come to points where I feel really good inside. After serious diets, the indications that I might stink always go away after a few weeks or so. All the self tests that i've developed as a ways to sense my relative odor levels, seem to pass after a few weeks of "fasting". I have felt and smelled great.

Nevertheless, the real test is in the real world with other people in a new environment, and every single time, I get there and at that moment I can just feel the sensation that the odor is still there. Ignore the familiar nose covering and pinched lips, I can just FEEL the breath in the air, it's a sixth sense, partly smell part intuition, but I know and feel that it's still there, no matter how hard and long I try. No denial here... when you know it, you know it.

Sorry guys, I give up. I do not believe there is a cure for what I have. You all keep trying, but for me, I have gone through all angles and don't believe I'll get an answer. I have already lost my job, have run out of money, and I know my BB is an obstacle. I have taken every last effort to overcome this, I have had moments of confidence and hope. When I think I have gotten to the bottom, it hits me right back in the head. It's not going away for me. I'm done.

Honestly I'd like to find a way to move to Haiti or some other place and find a way to help others.. There is nothing else for me here. If anyone relates, please PM.
papartman
Total Newbie

Post by papartman »

Overall I like eating raw foods on this diet and didn’t have too much trouble with variety,despite doing this trial during the winter when the availability and quality of fresh produce aren’t the best.

I noticed my cravings for sweets declined tremendously,and I was completely satiated by sweet fruits.
clara0
Master

Post by clara0 »

Hi guys
I have joined this site months ago but I could not log in to my account up to now that I changed my password. I have done many things during this time and got some half positive results. I know how terrible you feel and I want to share my experience with you.

My situation: Very horrible bb that sometimes seems to be worse than other times.
What I have tried during this time:
GSE
olive leaf extract
probiotics
coconut oil
Neilmed sinus wash
Goldenseal capsules
applesidar vinager
baking soda
milk thrsite

I spent lots of money and tried almost everything.But what works?Finally I started eliminating different foods...keeping it short I realized that being on a raw vegan diet cures my bb 100% and keeping a vegeterian diet with steamed veggies without eggs,suger, or dairy also helps but not as promising as going raw. So at the moment I eat 80% raw except the brown rice and some legumes that I eat cooked. Unfortunately I cant go totally raw, I tried it once for like 5 days but I am severely underweight and when I go 100%raw my blood pressure drops like crazy and I end up in bed all the time.
Music Lady
Advanced

Post by Music Lady »

I have to admit of all the things I've tried, supplements, diet w/out sugar, dairy, etc., I've not tried the raw diet. I've tried vegetables always cooked, but w/ salt/pepper most times and fruits.

Last I did that I found that grapes (green ones), peaches, and of course citrust fruits made my breath worse. The grapes more than any other which is weird because I never thought of grapes as being acidic. I dropped the fruits and continued the veggies with rice (not always brown) or pasta.

I think I'm gonna give this raw diet angle a go. I totally understand what Eliot is saying I feel the exact same way but I have to give this a try.

Thanks for updating this post. Bims and Clara0 post are inspiring.
chubbygirl
Junior

Post by chubbygirl »

if i can't eat meat or tofu or soy . . . where will i get my protein from? protein is needed by the body, specially the muscles
plumbum

Post by plumbum »

I'm a newbie here and I am considering going vegetarian first then raw. A cut out beef as a teenager since I couldn't digest it well. I have healthy gums and teeth so my problem stems from elsewhere. I checked the back of my throat and can't smell any odor. I have decided to take the TMAU test first to see if I may have it. This way I know if going vegetarian is futile. I love to eat everything.
clara0
Master

Post by clara0 »

I have been on raw diet since 1 July and everything has been perfect except the teeth, my teeth are painful, they started becoming sensitive since last year when I increased the raw part of my diet and now they are all painful even when I breath I feel the pain, I have read that teeth issue is pretty common in raw vegans and many especially those living in Northern countreis lost their teeth :(

I feel so sad. I was really thinking that I finally cured my bb and some other problems I have had for many years but now..I have to stop and go back to the hell again....I wish I was never born, I am struggling with this goddamn bb for years now and everytime I have to start from zero with no money left...somebody help pls ](*,)
deebo

Post by deebo »

clara0 wrote:I have been on raw diet since 1 July and everything has been perfect except the teeth, my teeth are painful, they started becoming sensitive since last year when I increased the raw part of my diet and now they are all painful even when I breath I feel the pain, I have read that teeth issue is pretty common in raw vegans and many especially those living in Northern countreis lost their teeth :(

I feel so sad. I was really thinking that I finally cured my bb and some other problems I have had for many years but now..I have to stop and go back to the hell again....I wish I was never born, I am struggling with this goddamn bb for years now and everytime I have to start from zero with no money left...somebody help pls ](*,)
Hey Clara . I had a tooth issue the 1st time i was raw last year . I actually also had Loose teeth !! Not good. I was eating Lots of grapefruits and citruses . This time I read jimi's posts well. This time i have little or No overt citrus and No teeth issues.

Teeth issues can also be from a dietary deficiency too. I eat Tons of fruit sugar and low fat and protein ,so i no longer believe the bullsh!t that fruit rots your teeth . DurianRider says he brushes his teeth with water maybe once a day .

If the enamel is striped from your teeth you can get sensitivity to cold and hot and air. I'm curious to know what you eat ,and what you might be deficiant in . We have been raw now about the same time . We just have to fine tune it . = )
clara0
Master

Post by clara0 »

@deebo

Actually I eat citrus very rarely (because they are expensive here), I believe my teeth issue is not totally because of raw food because the teeth sensitivity started last year when I was eating half raw and it became worse every day and now it really hurts all the time even when I breath.They became whiter and thinner and I think maybe even I developed some cavities because they are painful.

Yesterday I searched the whole day for an answer, and the result was a shame, some doctors say dates and raisins protect teeth, some others say they ruin the teeth, I am quite confused...the same about the nuts etc.
But I am thinking about adding fish oil tablets and yogurt and see what happens,

Because of bb I have had some periods of excessive brushing but still I think it is due to some deficiency.You know I came from a very warm sunny climate to Sweden and after a while problems started . (lack of sun & many foods) and here the veggies and fruits are awfully expensive so I am limited to a small range of them.

I am eating fruits for the breakfast, soaked brown rice / sprouts for the lunch and vegetables for the dinner. and dates or dried fruits+ soy milk as snacks . but because of teeth pain I stopped eating most of my food and I really dont know what to eat ...I would like to know about what you eat.
deebo

Post by deebo »

clara0 wrote:@deebo
I think it is due to some deficiency.You know I came from a very warm sunny climate to Sweden and after a while problems started . (lack of sun & many foods) and here the veggies and fruits are awfully expensive so I am limited to a small range of them.

I am eating fruits for the breakfast, soaked brown rice / sprouts for the lunch and vegetables for the dinner. and dates or dried fruits+ soy milk as snacks . but because of teeth pain I stopped eating most of my food and I really dont know what to eat ...I would like to know about what you eat.
Yes . Certainly sounds like a deficiency somewheres Clara. If you have medical ,get a blood test to see what you are low on . I was tested to have very low vitamin D(sun) last year. I think D aids in calcium absorbing . Also it could be high stomach acid . I hear similar enamel and throat issues from anorexic purgers . Where you the person who said they did the vinegar test and your stomach when crazy ? Maybe that was someone else. If your teeth are having issues this can mean the same for your bones.

Not sure about Sweden ,but I got a foodstamp card as a student and 2 months ago my $ amount on the card increased so now I can get all the raw foods i need . My mistake when i had teeth issues going raw last time might have been citrus but I think it was too Few calories . This time I eat Tons of raw foods . A snack is like 3 apples , or 3 bananas. I'll eat a whole 2 lb bag of grapes in 1 sitting or 1/2 a large watermelon or a whole cantaloupe or 2 . A meal is like a 2 pound salad or a 3 pound green smoothie with at least 5 bananas that is literally Packed full of greens . I take hi amounts of a vitamin D3 liquid supplement now too. I take betaine HCl+ to break it all down and probiotics with every meal & snack to absorb it .

Clara , for me , attacking BB through health is key. We know now that even the raw food diet can be done Wrong. Its Impossible for me to over-eat on a high fruit diet so i eat until i'm stuffed at least 4 days a week. Its what my body wants . More calories ,or my teeth suffer. Or i get weak,dizzy.I get too frail ,I'm temped to eat crappy cooked food and my BB get way Worse ,so i wont skimp ever again .

I posted pics of some of my food b4 but here more just fyi http://claspics.com/810/817996
http://claspics.com/810/817996/page/2/
A good blender is highly recommended http://www.youtube.com/user/GreenSmoothieGirl#g/u
Jimi Stein
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by Jimi Stein »

I am on raw again, for the forth time. The only thing that will prevent me are teeth again. I think I already feel sentisitivity coming back.

Are you mixing greens in your smoothie, and you have to drink a lot of water each day. Just gulb the water down. I drink like 3 litres and I see my teeth are better I think.

Other than that, I feel much better. The clue this time is drinking a lot of water and high caloric food. Like Durian each day, that has like 800 calories. But still I think the teeth sensitivity is coming back, and in fact enamel will chip off again I am afraid. I can't do without teeth I think.

What you can do is juice greens and drink, drink, drink. Good luck, I think we are predisposed to sensitive areas of our mouth because or BB.

But I feel good for now.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic