Your Email Address:

First Name:

Cure for badbreath?

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
Crepusculo

Cure for badbreath?

Post by Crepusculo »

Hello all. My name is Pedro and I'm from Portugal. I've been reading some of your threads during the last couple of weeks, I guess i stumbled accross this forum for the same reason as most of you: bad breath. Although my problems started like 2 or 3 months ago, I never knew this kind of thing could put us down. Well, if you're here you know what I'm talking about. It's still hard for me to believe this bad breath problem happens for no apparent reason. I mean, it comes from our own body, probably as a result of something we do which we don't even know! So instead of telling you "i've find a cure!" i'll just ask you to take a look around and see what could be causing it. Let me appologize you first hand if my remarks come from someone who has little experience in this subject, but who knows, might help some of you at least.
Now for my case. I suffer from chronic bronchitis, so during the winter time i have some rough nights, mucus on the back of the throat, that sort of thing. I developed bad breath without knowing why, but i'm better the last couple of days because i believe i finally discovered what could cause it. Now since i have bronchitis, i use this thing, like some sort of asthma pump for the month, specially during at night. And i noticed my bad breath came from that mucus you spit out in the mornings, it smelled awful! My mistake was... when i used that thing for the month, i didn't wash it afterwards, even though it says so on the box, i never gave it much attention. I noticed some white stuff at the back of my tongue, which is almost all gone, and i believe that's what caused it. I also work out and i take creatine, which needs a lot of water input in your body, so i had dry mouth too which made it worse. I'm back on creatine and my mouth is a little dry, but i dont have bad breath, or at least i dont think so. I ask my parents to tell me honestly, which they do, and i just asked my father and he said it was a hot breath but it didnt have a bad smell, which is natural, i guess. If you're anything like me, you tend to panic and sometimes looking for something which isn't there. I used to lick the back of my hand and keep smelling it until i felt something. I read about one of you, i believe oceanside, who made his own remedy with hand soap... jeez, hand soap! I cant blame you brother, desperate times need desperate measures. My advice to you all look for a doctor which knows about other stuff besides your mouth. Here they are called "estomatologistas", which i guess can be translated to "stomachtologists"? Not sure. Anyway, my dentist is also a stomachtologist and i just saw him couple days ago. He gave me some samples which are doing the trick for me, which i guess doesn't hurt to try, if you haven't before. It's a product from Colgate called Periogard Plus. You just rinse your mouth with it after lunch and before going to bed. Now a common mistake people here do... they rinse it with the product and then drink water or rinse with water afterwards... then the product goes away and it doesn't do nothing. Give it at least 30 minutes without drinking anything. No problem when you go to bed, i guess. Just today... i woke up and i had the usual stuff on the back of my mouth, spat it out and... no smell at all. The very same mucus which smelled horrible before didn't have a smell.
Anyway... maybe i didn't say anything new, maybe some of these tips help... i dont know. I wanted to share the little I know with the rest of you either way. I suggest you give that product a try either way, it's cheap and you can probably get samples of it if you want. Good luck to you all!