Your Email Address:

First Name:

Small Intestine Bacterial Overgrowth = Shit breath?

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
Johnv713
Advanced
Re: Small Intestine Bacterial Overgrowth = Shit breath?

Post by Johnv713 »

I do get your point. However due to its proximity, most bb originate from the mouth. The oral cavity has a mutitude of palaces where bb bacteria can hide. The gum, pharynx, teeth, tounge, tonsils, cheeks, plague, etc.

When one talks the mechanism includes the lungs, pharynx and ....Guess where else? Your mouth!!! That's how most people generate sounds. Again, because of its location in the whole mess of halitosis, the mouth is ,by far, the most likely source!
Can bb come from deep within your bowels? (referencing back to your point about oral probiotics.)Yes, but not likely.

A lot of folks said theyve been to a dentist and everything checked out fine. How many of them have done a bac count in the gum deep pockets? Probably very few, if any. Thereby, people naturally dismiss the mouth as the likely suspect and they'd look elsewhere for the source.

Dead
Advanced

Post by Dead »

Johnv713 wrote:When one talks the mechanism includes the lungs, pharynx and ....Guess where else? Your mouth!!! That's how most people generate sounds.
I understand that. And i'm not suggesting that bad smelling gases somehow enters your exhaled breath from within your intestines. It's from bacteria in your mouth. That's where we agree.

BUT

I'm saying that if you fix your gut, then the amount of bacteria in your mouth will get lowered.
Johnv713
Advanced

Post by Johnv713 »

Yes and no. Bacteria have different capability to colonize ,also called bacterial adhesion ,is different from strain to strain. That's why you only see a certain types in the gut that do not exist in the mouth cavity. And vice versa. Oral probiotics are designed for the gut and i suspect they cant adhere to the to the mouth quite as well.

Happy New Year!!!
Dead
Advanced

Post by Dead »

However, if there is an overgrowth of bacteria somewhere in the gastrointestinal tract, they will spread and start colonizing other areas due to something called bacterial translocation. Google it if you don't believe me.

Happy new year to you as well!
Attraction
Advanced

Post by Attraction »

For how many causes of bad breath there are you would think everyone would have it, yet it is still very uncommon.
Johnv713
Advanced

Post by Johnv713 »

1 out of four has it and im not talking about transient bb. Not "that" uncommon.

As for bac translocation, sure, that's fundamental science. However in some cases it's quite a challenge for microbe to migrate to a certain part of your body and evict the resident bacteria. Not gonna happen until something drastic taken place.They all compete for space and unless the new comers outnumbered their foes, chances are they wont be able to establish a large enough colony to thrive.
Norman

Post by Norman »

last week I was diagnosed with SIBO

I strongly believe this is causing my bad breath.
Norman

Post by Norman »

last week I was diagnosed with SIBO

I strongly believe this is causing my bad breath.
Johnv713
Advanced

Post by Johnv713 »

It very well could be the culprit. However ive heard many ppl suffered from PND but once they get that fixed bb didnt go away. Without definitive testings it's rather difficult to pin point the source.

For awhile i thought my GERD was the source too but turned out it wasnt. Just something for you to think about :)
aydinmur
God

Post by aydinmur »

Norman wrote:last week I was diagnosed with SIBO
What diagnostic test was used to detect SIBO ?
-M
Norman

Post by Norman »

sir, I strongly believe my bad breath is caused by sibo.

I dont know the exact name of the test, it was a breath test. I had to drink a liquid first and then ever 30 minutes I had to blow my breath in sort of tubes. and that for 3 hours (6 times).

other symptoms : undigested and watery stools , ( I cant remember when I last time had a normal stool) and I hardly have stool without undigested food in it.
aydinmur wrote:
-M
Norman

Post by Norman »

Doctor can I ask you a question please.

I have tried many antibiotics, but some work temporary and some dont work at all

I have tried flagyl by example an antibiotic which kills aenorobic bacteria but this medication didnt work at all even not temporary.

amoxciline didnt work too

antibiotics that worked are temporary during the dosage were ciprofloxacine and azytromicine. what does that mean? does it mean that my problem isnt related to aenorobic bacteria? because ciprofloxacine doesnt kill aenorobic bacteria and flagyl kills aenorobic bacteria and flagyl didnt help ciprofloxacine did but only temorary.

my question is , where are most of aenorobic bacteria located? if you can tell me this thn I can get an idea from where my bad breath comes because I haven o clue doctors tell me I have brilliaant teeth and i have never had tonsil stones.

thank you so much
aydinmur wrote:
-M
Hella
Total Newbie

Post by Hella »

Hello
I just wanna suggest you some home remedy with your bb. Just like you I was so worried what's cause of my bb while infact I had a clean mouth. Also medically checked but it won't works. Until I found something that end up my horrible bb. Just try this if it is effective with you...

FIRST BUT SOME PARSLEY LEAF IN THE MARKET ,IF YOU DON'T KNOW HOW IT LOOKS LIKE. ..SEARCH ON THE GOOGLE FOR THE IMAGE..THEN EVERY TIME YOU WAKE UP IN THE MORNING CHEW IT AND LET IT DOWN IN YOUR MOUTH FOR SEVERAL HOURS .ATLEAST 3-4 LEAVES AND BEFORE YOU SLEEP AT NIGHT SO THE SAME.DON'T TAKE TOO MUCH...

SECOND BUY A HONEY AND CINNAMON POWDER .BEFORE YOU EAT BREAKFAST DRINK 1TBSP OF HONEY AND MIX WITH 1/4tsp of cinnamon powder..TAKE NOTE JUST TAKE ACCORDING TO THE DOSE, DON'T TAKE TOO MUCH.

And also after brushing you teeth drink warm wAter not just stop drinking cold water ,drink always a warm wAter.then brush the back of your tongue as far as you can.

THE FIRST AND SECOND I'VE SAID SHOULD DO FFOR GOOD RESULT .2-7 DAYS YOU GONNA FEEL THE RESult.

Until now I kept doing the above remedy because it makes my breath fresh always.

Hope it's helpful....godless...
Norman

Post by Norman »

Hello there,

Im diagnosed with SIBO recently. my doctor prescribed me Ciprofloxacine. during the course my bb was gone and yesterday was my last day taking it, and it sadly came back.

What I find verry weird is that I took flagyl before and it didnt help at all. Amoxciline didnt help too, only ciprofloxacine which was prescribed to me for sibo helped temporary.

Now what I find very weird is that my doctor didnt prescribe me rifaximin which is given to sibo patient most of the time. Rifaximin is a antibiotic which shld be taken in high dosage to cure sibo and ONLY WORKS IN THE SMALL GUT .

so this could be the answer actually. Im just waiting for my appointment, if Rifaximin works it will mean that my BB comes from my small intensine which means that SIBO is the culprit if it does not help then I'm sure BB is comming from my tongue
aydinmur
God

Post by aydinmur »

Norman wrote:Doctor can I ask you a question please.
I have tried many antibiotics, but some work temporary and some dont work at all

Dear Norman
Many thanks for the good question

My understand, some particular antibiotics temporarly supress your halitosis while some others are not. In order to obtain a clue to help to dr or to start cure. You look for information about specific locations which antibiotics specifically affect on which microorganism in the body.

Unfortunately antibiotics are not enough specific for body location or, even bacterial species.

If flagyl didnt help ciprofloxacine did but only temorary, the problematic bacterium is out of spectrum of flagyl (metronidazol) but not ciprofloxacin. Each of these antibiotics affect on hundreds of bacterial species (perhaps few thousands) even including their families. Each specific bacterium can be capable of colonize either lung paranchym tissue, or uriner tract cubic epithelium, or tongue dorsum, or paransal cavities or illeum mucosa, or root of hair or conjuctiva or middle ear, or any where in the body.

-M
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic