Your Email Address:

First Name:

READ ME

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
Crepusculo

READ ME

Post by Crepusculo »

Hello all. I noticed my bad breath problem a couple of months ago, but only during the last couple of weeks i REALLY started worrying about it. Anyway, i was experiencing some ear problems as well and i went to the hospital. Seems like it was my allergies/sinus problems doing this to me. And the mucus at the back of my throat, that's where i got my bad breath problem. So i mentioned this to the doctor and that's what she told me, and gave me some antibiotics to kill the bacteria and so after i started on them the problem was fixed. I used to lick my hand 3 times in a row, wait a few seconds and there's that nasty stench. Well now i have that problem no more. I'm posting this here with the purpose that it can help all of you getting rid of this problem. So the name of the medicine is: Proflox 400. Hope this works for you too!

noptical
God

Post by noptical »

Hi! Nice to see another one got cured! :D

So I guess you got the bad breath a few months ago and didnt have it earlier in your life as a kid?

Can you please tell us what allergies you have and how severe they are? What bb symptoms you had withh bb that are gone now?

I have allergies too and lots of them (24 to be precise) and all that stuff we all have (white tongue, post nasal drip etc).

By the way I have an ear problem too. Its called tinnitus and its when your ear is ringing. Is it what you have? I had it since winter 2004/2005 and I have bad breath since I was a kid so I guess they are not related. Its only my left ear only and I have asked all ENTs I visited for the bb problem, about this too. I had an MRI and different meds but none helped. Anyway, thats quite off topic ;)

Thanks!

edit: I searched google for Proflox and it seems this is the European name for the antibiotic. Its most likely under a different name in the US.
baguio
Advanced

Post by baguio »

noptical wrote:edit: I searched google for Proflox and it seems this is the European name for the antibiotic. Its most likely under a different name in the US.
Its generic name is Moxifloxacin. If you google that, you will find the 'brand names' for different areas.

Has anyone else ever taken this stuff with a view to treating this disorder?
noptical
God

Post by noptical »

baguio wrote:
noptical wrote:edit: I searched google for Proflox and it seems this is the European name for the antibiotic. Its most likely under a different name in the US.
Its generic name is Moxifloxacin. If you google that, you will find the 'brand names' for different areas.

Has anyone else ever taken this stuff with a view to treating this disorder?
Ill quote wikipedia:
Distribution

Moxifloxacin is found in high concentrations in body tissues and fluids, such as saliva, nasal and bronchial secretions, sinus mucosa, skin blister fluid, subcutaneous and intraocular tissues. There is good penetration into bone.[1] Pus does not seem to inhibit the drug's potential to reach effective concentrations in infectious foci easily.

Susceptible bacteria

A broad spectrum of bacteria is susceptible including, but not limited to:
Staphylococcus aureus
Staphylococcus epidermidis
Streptococcus pneumoniae
Haemophilus influenzae
Klebsiella spp.
Moraxella catarrhalis
Enterobacter spp.
Mycobacterium spp.
Bacillus anthracis
elliott
God

Post by elliott »

i had the ear problems at first as well. Itchy, flaky... related to sinus. The antibiotics didn't help the breath though.

let us know if this works indefinitely,

I may finish off the rest of those antis afterall!
elliott
God

Post by elliott »

just checked, mine was good ol' amoxicillian.
Crepusculo

Post by Crepusculo »

noptical wrote:Hi! Nice to see another one got cured! :D

So I guess you got the bad breath a few months ago and didnt have it earlier in your life as a kid?

Can you please tell us what allergies you have and how severe they are? What bb symptoms you had withh bb that are gone now?

I have allergies too and lots of them (24 to be precise) and all that stuff we all have (white tongue, post nasal drip etc).

By the way I have an ear problem too. Its called tinnitus and its when your ear is ringing. Is it what you have? I had it since winter 2004/2005 and I have bad breath since I was a kid so I guess they are not related. Its only my left ear only and I have asked all ENTs I visited for the bb problem, about this too. I had an MRI and different meds but none helped. Anyway, thats quite off topic ;)

Thanks!

edit: I searched google for Proflox and it seems this is the European name for the antibiotic. Its most likely under a different name in the US.

Well I don't think I had bad breath when I was a kid. But i guess that can be because your allergies started sooner? I was about 11 or 12 when i starting developing sympthoms. I did the tests and i was allergic to polen and flowers and stuff like that. But I think right now i may have more. My problem is also in my left ear. So far it hasn't been fixed yet. I feel it's congestionated, like i have something there, and when people talk loud i hear them echoing with some sort of high pitched voice. Definitely not pleasant. The bad breath was cured after two days using Proflox, or Moxifloxacin like baguio said. When I went to the hospital the doctor started checking my ears, said i had nothing there but then i told other sympthoms and she said it was because of my allergies/sinus. Then i brought up the bad breath issue, which was already on my mind, and she asked how my mucous was, and she told me it was because of it, so she included the Proflox. Also had white tongue but i get rid of that with a proper toothbrush, scraping as far as can and it comes out like 90% of it. Also curious to know if more people tried this. For the post nasal drip there are also things you can take. I'm using this thing called Fluimucil 600, which is one of those things that dissolves itself in the water and then you drink it.
Maybe Proflox is the answer to people who have bb related to sinus/allergies, i dont know. Maybe it helps everyone. I guess in the end it doesn't hurt to try... the treatment with this thing lasts 5 or 7 days, so i guess you know if it works soon enough. Another thing, you have to be positive about this, or any other thing you try.
noptical
God

Post by noptical »

Hi! First I must thank you for staying here with us an sharing your information even now that you are not a sufferer anymore ;)
Crepusculo wrote:Well I don't think I had bad breath when I was a kid. But i guess that can be because your allergies started sooner? I was about 11 or 12 when i starting developing sympthoms.
When you say symptoms you mean allergy symptoms or bad breath symptoms? If its not the latter, when do you think first experienced bb?
Crepusculo wrote:. Also had white tongue but i get rid of that with a proper toothbrush, scraping as far as can and it comes out like 90% of it. Also curious to know if more people tried this.
You still need to scrape and brush or you just did it a few times and it didnt return. If it did return (the white stuff) was it at least less than before?
Crepusculo wrote:Also curious to know if more people tried this. For the post nasal drip there are also things you can take. I'm using this thing called Fluimucil 600, which is one of those things that dissolves itself in the water and then you drink it.
Also, does that Fluimucil thing really help with PND? Did it help with the bb or you was fine after the Proflox?

Sorry for asking so many question but every little bit of information is really valuable to us. Thanks! :D
Last edited by noptical on Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Busted
God

Post by Busted »

Cool, looks like you were just in time to stop the whole thing from getting worse.
Crepusculo

Post by Crepusculo »

noptical wrote:Hi! First I must thank you for staying here with us an sharing your information even now that you are not a sufferer anymore ;)
well yeah... but i've been reading in another threads that people who took antibiotics like i'm taking got bb back even worse?? :shock: But i'm not sure if it aplies to me because my bb was caused because of my sinus, just a couple of months ago, and i never had bb problems before... anyone can help me with this??

noptical wrote:When you say symptoms you mean allergy symptoms or bad breath symptoms? If its not the latter, when do you think first experienced bb?
allergy symptoms. Like I said before, i just got the bb thing couple of months ago.

noptical wrote:You still need to scrape and brush or you just did it a few times and it didnt return. If it did return (the white stuff) was it at least less than before?
Well that white stuff doesn't really have bad smell, most people have it. But it's good to clean everything anyway. It disappears like 95%.

noptical wrote:Also, does that Fluimucil thing really help with PND? Did it help with the bb or you was fine after the Proflox?
Proflox cured the bb right away. Well just 2 pills of that and i had no problems. But like i said at the top, i'm worried it will come back. My last pill is tomorrow, so i'll know soon enough... i REALLY hope it doesn't :(
The flumicil works to get that mucous out easier. Doesn't really affect the bb, i think.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic