Your Email Address:

First Name:

Clasification of malodor

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
blessedrich
Re: Clasification of malodor

Post by blessedrich »

aydinmur wrote: Bacterial intestinal overgrowth may cause methane or hydrogen emission in the gut space. These gases enter blood stream and leave body from alveolar breath (Type 4 halitosis) or leakage through gastroeusophagial sphincter (Type 3 halitosis). It can be classified Type 3+4

Here details:
http://www.murataydin.org/halitosis-def ... cation.pdf

-M
Thank you Doctor,

I have read the "Halitosis: a new definition and classification" cover to cover about 3 times already and I intend to ready some more because it contains a lot of information that is helping me narrow down my problem.

But I will like to get some confirmation from you with the conclusions that i have drawn from reading to know if I am right or wrong.

I have 2 follow up question:

1. Following up on my first question can Type 3 halitosis also results in type 1 and 2?
That is can the gasses that leak through the guts alter the oral flora of patients and lead to gum diseases and bad wisdom tooth?

Jimi Stein
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by Jimi Stein »

Dr can you tell me specifically which bacteria can that be?
This is me, Jimi Stein, I created this site in December 2005. Welcome.
aydinmur
God

Post by aydinmur »

blessedrich wrote: I have read the "Halitosis: a new definition and classification" cover to cover about 3 times already and I intend to ready some more because it contains a lot of information that is helping me narrow down my problem.
But I will like to get some confirmation from you with the conclusions that i have drawn from reading to know if I am right or wrong.
I have 2 follow up question:.... snip...

Thanks for you interest with my manuscript and classification schema.
Criteria used for classification follow (hyerarchically order):
1- aetiology
2- origin
2- place where it comes from

There are some dificulties to classify some cases, for example asthma. Their origin airway mucosa but NO gas comes from alveolar expiration air. So, is this airway halitosis or blood gases? We should classifiy Type 2+4.

Also odorous gases come from either oral or nasal cavity in oropharingeal infection. Same origin but two different pathways. We should classify Type 1+2

Another example Gastrointestinal infectious diseases (including SIBO or parasites). Odorous gases can enter mesenteric or portal blood and leave the body from alveolar breath (Type 4) or the gases can elevate to oral cavity through passing pylor and gastroeusophagial valves. (Type 3). Please note that, here, we talk about the same origin but different pathways. So that, These can be classified Type 3+4.

Also, one extrem example: retronasal olfaction is not enough clear whether type 5 neurogenic halitosis or type 2 halitosis.

There are some little doors can be spontaneously opened at any time between types of halitosis. Type 2 halitosis can spontaneously spread pharynx or dorsolingual area, after this progression, type 1 is included to this clinic picture.

On the other hand, one type halitosis invites another type of halitosis if it enough prolongs. For example every Type of halitosis turns to Type 5 or Type x+5 halitosis if it enough long time remains without cure. When a patient with Type 2 halitosis, has not been treated for many years, then, he will be Type 2+5. Every halitosis intends to add or turn to type 5 within years.

Halitosis terminology contains a lot of misconceptions, misused terms, traps

Have you read this?
http://murataydin.org/halitofobi.pdf
-M
aydinmur
God

Post by aydinmur »

winter wrote:Hi Dr, how do I go about determining which type I have? I suspect I have type 3 or 4.
It is difficult your make some tests which I decribe here.

For example Does you halitosis decrease when you rinse your mouth with 0.8% ZnCl2 water solution? if yes this is Type 1. Can you perceive externally applied H2S gas to your nostrils under 0.7 ppm? If No, its Type 1. Does your halitosis increase 12-15 time when you rinse with aminoacid solution.? If yes Type 1.

Type 2,3,4 can be differentiated by using a specific measurement technique. This is not a secret, I can pleasurely share this measurement method for separate halitosis types, But it is difficult your application this method yourself.

read here:
http://murataydin.org/agiz-kokusu-olcmek.pdf

-M
christina
Junior

Post by christina »

I think i have type 2 or 3. I don't know how about going to fix it
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic