Your Email Address:

First Name:

Clasification of malodor

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

I can tell you that if I collect a sample of my saliva straight out of my saliva ducts it has absolutely no odour.

If I collect a sample which has made contact with the rest of my mouth, it has a slight odour of vinegar when allowed to dry.

While I still had my wisdom tooth and my whole mouth would become infested with odour, my saliva would smell much stronger than this.

I have read that with Trimethylaminuria the saliva has an initial odour because of the small quantities of TMA contained in it. This may also be the case for other types of bloodborne halitosis.

tearjerker
Total Newbie

Post by tearjerker »

Hi Aydinmur,

I really like your post about this classification.
I think it would be helpful if you can provide us with diagram as many of us are just unfamiliar with scientific terms.

Also, can I ask for help here...Could you make also classification of smell? I understand there could be too many of them that could be classified, but in this case only those that are related to halitosis and bad breath. From this we can continue on to analysis of the source for each smell class.

Thank you.
I always wait for and read your post.
aydinmur
God

Post by aydinmur »

tearjerker wrote:Hi Aydinmur,

I really like your post about this classification.
I think it would be helpful if you can provide us with diagram as many of us are just unfamiliar with scientific terms.
Tearjerker,
I reject the terminology that is currently being used in halitosis arena. physiologic halitosis, genuine halitosis, tongue malodor, pathologic halitosis, extraoral halitosis, psychologic halitosis, Pseudohalitosis, psychosomatic halitosis, self halitosis, imaginer halitosis, halitophobia, halitosis anksiety and many more...

Each of them violates each other. All of them have no clear description. Somes are synonims but somes are nonexist. Not only me but also others (such as Dr. Filippi) complains this halitosis terminology.

According to me,
- No need the term "genuine" because all of them are genuine.
- There is not an exact boundary between genuine and pathologic halitosis.
- Physiologic halitosis is also genuine. But it is not pathologic. So what?
- There is not an exact boundary between halitophobia and psychologic halitosis. These both are placed in extraoral halitosis class. Fully wrong !
- Psychosomatic halitosis seems impossible to me.
- Kidney dialysis, diabetes mellitus (dm), trimethylaminuri (tmau) patients have bad bretah odor. There is not correct place to put bad bretah odor in that classification. is bad bretah odor tongue halitosis ? No? is it physiologic ? No? is it Pseudohalitosis? No? pathologic ? but all are pathologic. How do we distinguish db or tmau patients from tongue halitosis patients ?

My classification seems enough clear and satisfactory. My classification is also a MAP for diagnosis and treatment.
Also, can I ask for help here...Could you make also classification of smell? .
I can not classify smells because of Im not expert on smells.

Thank you for your interest
-Murat
br

Murat

Post by br »

Dear Murat
I would be grateful if you would tell me how i can diagnose the reason for my bad breath and how do i cure it. This stuff you produced: is it available in London or how can I obtain it, i.e., is it available onliner. Thank you
Last edited by br on Thu May 13, 2010 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mitc

Bad Breath Cure

Post by mitc »

I had Bad Breath for years but didn’t even know it. I noticed people near me would rub their noses sneeze cough and try to go elsewhere. It occurred to me that I had bad breath. So I went to my dentist to have my teeth cleaned but when I asked about my bad breath he said floss brush and rinse twice a day. I said I’ve been doing that since I was 15! But my dentist had run out of time so I was back on the street. Then I was paying top dollar for all those will “stop Bad Breath” all you have to do is buy all these products for the rest of your life! And they don’t even work ffs. One of my few remaining friends mentioned an eBook his girlfriend used called BadHalitosisBreathCom and said it worked for his girlfriend so why not me? So I downloaded a copy and found out the book had been around for years! I could have fixed my Bad Breath years ago. The eBook took a completely different approach to the cure of Bad Breath I followed it word for word. Within a week I could tell it was working and my friend said my breath is much better. Now a year later I have a good job a great girlfriend and Party every other weekend.
iva
Master

Post by iva »

Hi, Aydinmur

I would like to order one of your Pharmol Zn to try it, but its all in Turkish...How can I get it online? Besides I cannot understand the composition of the rinse!
And if it doesn`t work, does that mean that the halitosis is not a Type 1
halitosis?

thank u
br

Re: Clasification of malodor

Post by br »

aydinmur wrote:According to me (1) , there are 5 types of malodor:

[enter to systemic blood circulation. Lungs try to filter and exhale them via breath. They may have a bad odor. This causes bad breath.

Type-5 halitosis is psychologic.

References:
1. Aydýn Murat. [Halitosis, from diagnosis to therapy]. Nobel Týp Kitap evi, Istanbul, 2008. http://www.aydinmur.com/akkitabi.html
2. http://aydinmur.com/agizkokusu.html

Dear Murat
Is it possible to get your links in English please. Thanks
aydinmur
God

Post by aydinmur »

iva wrote:I would like to order one of your Pharmol Zn to try it, but its all in Turkish...How can I get it online?
I have not commercial connection with its company . They wanted formula from me, I gave true formulation for halitosis free of charge.

if you would like to obtain PharmolZn rinse,then visit its web page http://cozumilac.com/pharmolzn/ , click company email address (email gönder) or call their phone.
Surface address Cozum ilac, Aydýnevler Mah. Bostan Sk. No:15/A Tarabya / Ýstanbul - Turkiye Tel: +90 212 299 15 11
Fax: +90 212 299 15 33

Besides I cannot understand the composition of the rinse!
Acide borique + zinc chloride
And if it doesn`t work, does that mean that the halitosis is not a Type 1 halitosis?
Yes. If PharmolZn doesnt immediately stop or significantly decrease your halitosis, dont look for reason of halitosis in your mouth.
sadman
Advanced

Post by sadman »

Dr Murat :
If PharmolZn doesnt immediately stop or significantly decrease your halitosis, dont look for reason of halitosis in your mouth.
I think that it's misleading when you said so . How can you be so sure that PharmolZn works for type 1 Halitosis ? Zinc and boric acid have been used in mouthwashes for a long time and they do not seem to help much . No mouthwash has had good result so far , they just masked the bad breath for a very short period . The culprit of type 1 halitosis is the overgrowth of the gram negative bacteria on the tongue dorsum and the only cure is to reset the mouth flora to a healthy one with more good than bad bacteria and in order to do that we must know the reasons of that imbalance of the mouth flora , is it genetic, immunologic, past use of antibiotic, or is it because of the structure of the tongue , pH of the mouth that favors the growth of the bad bacteria or something else ??

I respectfully disagree with you about the prevalence of type 1 halitosis . In my opinion , 80-90% of bad breath is types 1 and most of them is from the VSC producing bacteria on the tongue dorsum . The bad breath of other types is not as severe as type 1 and can be cured if the underlying cause is treated .
On the microbiological point of view , would you give us some idea of how we can correct that bacterial imbalance permanently so that we can live a normal life with no dependence on mouthwash , gum, diet ....Thx
Last edited by sadman on Fri May 14, 2010 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
me
Advanced

Post by me »

Could type 3 and 4 breath be straight fecal smelling???

Also could there be a chance that the fecal breath is cause by gas just backing up on our system, like just escaping the opposite way?

Or could 3 and 4 type breath have any relation with bowel movements?

The reason why I ask is because I have found a pattern between my bowel movments and my breath. And I'm sorry I'm gonna get graphic but is all in the name of finding a cure. Every time I have a bowel movment I feel like my breath gets 80% better. The only time I feel that going to the bathroom doesn't help my breath is when my movements are more liquid than solid. When this happens I feel as if my breath actually gets worst.

One thing I'm sure of is that some how this fecal smell gets in our lungs (or comes from our lungs because of breath type 4, maybe). I don't smoke but I heard of people in this forum that when they smoke every time they exhale they get a mixture of tobacco smell with fecal smell.
Happylife
Junior

Re: Clasification of malodor

Post by Happylife »

br wrote:
aydinmur wrote:According to me (1) , there are 5 types of malodor:

[enter to systemic blood circulation. Lungs try to filter and exhale them via breath. They may have a bad odor. This causes bad breath.

Type-5 halitosis is psychologic.

References:
1. Aydýn Murat. [Halitosis, from diagnosis to therapy]. Nobel Týp Kitap evi, Istanbul, 2008. http://www.aydinmur.com/akkitabi.html
2. http://aydinmur.com/agizkokusu.html

Dear Murat
Is it possible to get your links in English please. Thanks
Open them up in Google Chrome browser. It will ask you whether to translate them to English.
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

If PharmolZn doesnt immediately stop or significantly decrease your halitosis, dont look for reason of halitosis in your mouth.
I think what was meant by this is to simply show whether your BB is coming from your lungs, esophagus, sinuses etc. I dont think the context was to emphasise the effectiveness of any measures against Type 1 bad breath.

Even if you could take your tongue out, its unlikely that it would make much difference if there was a rotting tooth in place that was giving off its own stench, for instance. And its the same with types 2, 3 and 4 bad breath, in that even if there is some "normal" odour on the tongue, and you werent sure whether that was strong enough to be causing your BB, then by taking effective measures to reduce this, and you find that your BB is unchanged, then you know its nothing to do with type 1.

Good to see you around again "ME"
aydinmur
God

Post by aydinmur »

halitosisux wrote:Even if you could take your tongue out, its unlikely that it would make much difference if there was a rotting tooth ..snip.

To avoid misinterpretations, if I have doubts or if there is mismatch on halitosis levels measured before/after ZnCl2, I always put a few drop cystein on his tongue dorsum in a next session. Halitosis level must immediately elevate over >800 ppb in cases except type 1. This tell me this is not a type 1 case or most dominant reason may not be in his mouth.
iva
Master

Post by iva »

Thank u, Aydinmur!
sadman
Advanced

Post by sadman »

Hali wrote :
I think what was meant by this is to simply show whether your BB is coming from your lungs, esophagus, sinuses etc. I dont think the context was to emphasise the effectiveness of any measures against Type 1 bad breath. I think what was meant by this is to simply show whether your BB is coming from your lungs, esophagus, sinuses etc. I dont think the context was to emphasise the effectiveness of any measures against Type 1 bad breath.
Thanks Hali . I misunderstood him

Aydinmur wrote :
I always put a few drop cystein on his tongue dorsum in a next session. Halitosis level must immediately elevate over >800 ppb in cases except type 1. This tell me this is not a type 1 case or most dominant reason may not be in his mouth.
When cysteine is applied to the dorsum of the tongue, to the buccal sulcus or in the sublingual area , large amounts of volatile sulfur compounds are produced , demonstrating the immediate ability of the microbial flora resident in these sites to produce VSC . So if a cysteine application to the tongue dorsum increases the production of VSC , it means that the malodor is type 1 . Please advise if I misunderstood again
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic