Your Email Address:

First Name:

Nosehedge-warp

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
Jojo

Nosehedge-warp

Post by Jojo »

Hi,

Is anyone here with nosehedge-warp? I hope it's called like this in English. :)

I have this, and I also have difficulty to get air through my nose. Sometimes I can, but many times I breath through my mouth, especially when I am in a rush, e.g. walk fast, etc. I don't have a dry mouth though. I believe I don't have post nasal drip either.

When I forced myself to breath through my nose, I still felt that bitter taste in my mouth, so it didn't help.

What do you think, can it be a cause for the bad breath? I don't know exactly how, but I suspect that my nosehedge-warp is in relation with my bad breath. Any idea, any experiences with that, anyone?

Thank you.

noptical
God

Post by noptical »

Can you describe what exactly is nosehedge warp?
Jimi Stein
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by Jimi Stein »

something to do with star trek probably
Jojo

Post by Jojo »

I'll try. There is this thing in your nose, which is not a bone, but neither it is flesh or skin. It's similar to bone, but it's softer and flexible. The same thing, that your ear cosist of from the inside, my dictionary says it's called "cartilage".
So a nosehedge warp (my dictionary says it's called like this, however I am not sure) is when this thing grows wrong inside your nose. Thus your nose might bend to one side, might not be symmetrical, and might function not properly. The air cavities might not be in the right way.

This what I have. Mine is a slight one, so I can get air through my nose, and my nose bends only slightly. :D
elliott
God

Post by elliott »

this is properly called a "deviated septum"

septum being the cartilage of the nasal passage, deviated meaning out of place (but not to any qualifying degree)

I have this, but the xrays show that it isn't so bad. (At least thats what the DR said) Many people have deviation in small degrees... it's really just a matter of asymmetry...some bones in the body are not mirror images of the other side.

It IS an issue if if is so off-center where it affects normal breathing.

I don't have breathing problems as well, however I can't say it won't cause problems later, and I am not sure of the relation to BB.
noptical
God

Post by noptical »

Now I see what you mean. Visit an ENT (Ear Nose Throat doc) to see if you really have a deviated septum. If you do its possible its the cause of your bb. The deviated septum blocks mucous from flowing normally which causes Post Nasal Drip and chronic sinusitis both of which cause horrible bb. This could be the case with you so you'd better visit your doc asap and with a little luck you'll get rid of your bb.
The deviated septum can be fixed with a simple surgery called "septoplasty". I dont know if fixing the septum is enough to get rid of the chronic sinusitis. Maybe you will need a sinus surgery too to get rid of it, i dont know.

I had this surgery back in march 2006 but it didnt help me (maybe a little) because turns out that my PND and sinusitis comes from allergies and not my septum. You cant know if you dont try it.
elliott
God

Post by elliott »

from what I gathered and understand, that surgery will help your breathing if your nose is always stuffed, but it won't affect your breath.

I do not know that for sure, but my ENT never suggested surgery was the appropriate solution. However, I didn't approach the ENt for sinus problems in the 1st place, it was for throat problems...so his focus wasn't on the septum.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic