Your Email Address:

First Name:

Activated Charcoal

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Do you know of any evidence of any volatile/foul smelling chemicals that are actually detectable in pure saliva? (pure saliva being saliva before it enters the mouth)

We are constantly told that its the bacterial activity on the tongue responsible for the odour there. This is an understandable assumption because the tongue surface is a carpet of bacteria and bacterial activity. That if we scrape the surface clean, and use chemicals on it, our breath is improved because of what we do to the bacterial situation there.

But can we be absolutely certain of this? If saliva itself were to contain odourous chemicals from the by-products of digestion (such as occurs in TMAU) then this could be what causes tongues to smell bad, and not the bacterial activity which we're led to believe, that causes the odours.

By scraping the tongue clean and using chemicals to freshen it and supposedly disinfect it, all we may be doing is removing that layer on the tongue which has absorbed these foul chemicals which were carried there in the first place by our saliva.

halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

This question was for Aydimur. I hope he sees it. If not then I think we need to make a separate thread or even a category for asking him questions so he can quickly see them.
Larc400
God

Post by Larc400 »

halitosisux wrote: If saliva itself were to contain odourous chemicals from the by-products of digestion (such as occurs in TMAU) then this could be what causes tongues to smell bad, and not the bacterial activity which we're led to believe, that causes the odours.

I'm sure this is the case for some of us. I guess this is what's called blood-borne halitosis, and if it happens with TMA in TMAU it seems likely there would be similar disorders causing similar symptoms.

The tongue is richly vascularized, so even with blood-borne halitosis, the tongue may stink the most. 8-[

PS. My two questions on page 1 were also directed at Mr Murat, so hope he sees it 8)
aydinmur
God

Post by aydinmur »

Larc400 wrote: 1) Which feces digestion test is this, specifically?

2) What information would you deduct from the stool pH?

(1) See enclosed pic. http://agizkokusu.net/garbage/stool.jpg

(2) Normally, carbohydrates must be completely digested until they come terminal illeum. They dont enter assending colon. If this occurs, (if they enter colon), then, bacteria convert them to acids and volatile molecules. This may cause bad odor in breath (Type 4 halitosis). We detect this with check pH of stool .

- Murat Aydın
aydinmur
God

Post by aydinmur »

halitosisux wrote:Do you know of any evidence of any volatile/foul smelling chemicals that are actually detectable in pure saliva? (pure saliva being saliva before it enters the mouth)
In healthly persons, fresh saliva does not contain odorable molecucules. However, when saliva waits for minutes , bacterial activity may cause odor with well known peocedures.

I dont know whether or not saliva contains odorable molecules during local or systemic infections or metabolic diseases such as lactose intolerance or tmau.

-Murat Aydin
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Thanks for your answers yet again Aydin.

This could potentially answer a few things if someone did try to find out then.
If saliva can happen to contain the kind of abnormal blood-borne volatile chemicals from the digestive system that are similar to the chemicals produced from oral bacteria in oral causes such as dental problems, then it could explain the mystery of why a perfectly normal healthy mouth and throat would smell for no apparent reason.

I mean, its not like science has the slightest idea why some people have type 1 BB. When we dont even know whether there are volatile chemicals being secreted in our saliva, makes you wonder whether everything we're told about the causes of BB are just a smokescreen to protect the fresh breath industry.

Aydinur, how difficult would it be to analyse pure saliva for volatile chemicals?

N.B. that by referring to pure saliva, I mean saliva before it has been secreted into the oral cavity and contaminated by the bacteria and chemicals already in there.
meowkity1
Super Angel

Post by meowkity1 »

Im starting believe it has more to do with chemicals and gas then a actual bad smell. My brewath didnt taste too bad but I think my tongue is shot because i recently tried the salt on my tongue and I could only taste it on the tip. ANyways on friday I went to my couins and as soon as I walked in he had a sneezing attack. A couple minutes later he said wheatever made him sneeze is still stuck upp in his nose.
Whats odd is my son made this same tickle in mynose the other day. His breath dint smell but something when he talked tickled my noseand it was stuck there for a bit. its got to be osme type of gas or chemical that we release. Why elsle would poeple react to us from uch far distances. What is this gas and how can we get rid of it.
Larc400
God

Post by Larc400 »

aydinmur wrote:(2) Normally, carbohydrates must be completely digested until they come terminal illeum. They dont enter assending colon. If this occurs, (if they enter colon), then, bacteria convert them to acids and volatile molecules. This may cause bad odor in breath (Type 4 halitosis). We detect this with check pH of stool .
Thanks for response =D>

How would these volatile molecules be transported from colon to breath? Blood-borne?
billie
Sheriff

Post by billie »

Hi guys,

A while ago i saw a post about a guy who had bad breath for years and after trying everything to get rid of BB, they found out that there was something wrong with his saliva. I can't really remember anymore if there was something wrong with his saliva or his saliva glands. The reason i found that post was because i have a bump growing on the inside of my cheek on my saliva gland. When i push it pus comes out and then it starts all over again.
Larc400
God

Post by Larc400 »

billie wrote:Hi guys,

A while ago i saw a post about a guy who had bad breath for years and after trying everything to get rid of BB, they found out that there was something wrong with his saliva. I can't really remember anymore if there was something wrong with his saliva or his saliva glands. The reason i found that post was because i have a bump growing on the inside of my cheek on my saliva gland. When i push it pus comes out and then it starts all over again.

Please try to find that post again! [-o<
Larc400
God

Post by Larc400 »

Aydinmur, if you read this, please answer my question 3 posts above this one. ...ie how would odorous compounds travel from colon to breath?

Thanks in advance!
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

aydinmur
God

Post by aydinmur »

Larc400 wrote:How would these volatile molecules be transported from colon to breath? Blood-borne?
Yes. Through blood.
Colon absorbs some uncommon volatil compounds (such as metan). They are resolved in blood. Liver, kidneys and some tissues including Lungs filter such chemicals. Lungs give them into breath. This causes type 4 halitosis. All scenario remains subclinic.
Larc400 wrote:Aydinmur, if you read this, please answer my question 3 posts above this one. ...ie how would odorous compounds travel from colon to breath? Thanks in advance!
Apology for my late response. I incidentally saw your question. Perhaps I ignored many questions like your question God knows. Please Send me a private message about link of your question If you think I must see that message. One alert email comes to me if private message was sent.
Thanks
-Murat Aydin
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic