Your Email Address:

First Name:

Constipation

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
Traylor
Total Newbie

Constipation

Post by Traylor »

Hi

Just wondering what people think about constipation being the (one of)cause(s) of the dreaded poo breath?

The reason i think it could be that is that my sweat often smells like crap literally aswell as my breath. And i do have a problem with constipation. I'm thinking that whatever bacteria that causes the smell is carried around my body with my blood and then expelled by the lungs, sweat, saliva etc.

Also just wanted to say thankyou for creating this site. I am now severly depressed because of this condition and seeing that i am not the only one and not just imagining it is, while very sad for all of us, a relief. I'm sure that there is more than one cause for this problem and if we keep giving up as much information as we can we can find solutions for all of us.

Jimi Stein
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by Jimi Stein »

Hi Traylor

I do not think there si a connection between constipation and bad breath. I have never been constipated in my life and still have bb.
Traylor
Total Newbie

Post by Traylor »

OK so this may be a strange question.........but when you fart, is it really noxios smelling, or not to bad? Because mine can clear a room, if my breath hasn't already.
Jimi Stein
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by Jimi Stein »

No my shit doesn't smell much, I am vegetarian for many years and I think that might be the reason. If I fart it doesn't smell also much.

I must tell that if I sweat I smell inder my armpits - that is it. The bad breath is the biggest smell I produce.

:)
LJ
Junior

constipation and bad breath

Post by LJ »

Hi:
I have the fecal odor to my breath as well and it's been the predominant odor for most of my life. There's just nothing like smelling like shit all the time. And people often ask who farted when I'm around.
But interestingly I don't suffer from constipation, but I have had several doctors now that have asked me if I'm constipated. Apparently, they think because of the fecal odor that I must be constipated.
I thought it must be coming from my intestines as well, so for many years I tried colon cleansers and enemas to clean out. But I can report it did nothing for the problem.
I am curious, Jimi, you said that you are a vegetarian, what is the odor of your breath? I think the odor is a common factor and that it should be part of your questions.
It seems there are many of us out there that have the poop odor and we seem to be in a class by ourselves.
I am considering being tested for TMAU which does not always have to be a "fishy" odor. Maybe you could put something on your site about TMAU, because it is an actual possiblity. There have been others with bad breath that have tested positive for it.
I will send you the link to the testing facility, so that people that have tried "it all" can be tested to see if it is all for not. L
Jimi Stein
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by Jimi Stein »

I haven't asked a lot of people what my odour smell like but I knw it is very strong and people can stand it for long, they gve me comments, pressure etc.

What is with this TMAU. Why do you want to know if you have it. I think you should search for the cure not for the diagnosis. TMAU is just a diagnosis.

ONly once somebody has said that it smells like someone take a shit and I was kind of shocked but I was just coming around the corner and that guy didn't see me.

Than I said to him ***k you. And I went by.

Look I do not ask people what is the odour of my breath. I am searching for a cure. YOu know that a mind is mainly responsibel for bad breath. That is my opinion. So more thoughts about bad breath stress will make your bb worse for sure.

Try raw food, ditch the meat from your diet, it is the worse kind of food for your breath. It is rotting inside of you.

I never have been constipated in my life and still have bb.
LJ
Junior

TMAU

Post by LJ »

Jimi:
I was kind of surprised by your response to my post. I would first say that there is no one on your site who isn't looking for a cure. I myself have been looking for more than 25 years now and I've come up empty.
I think there is a direct correlation between the type of breath odor you have and the problem you have. For instance, there is a distinct odor to people with periodontal or gum disease. I have a friend who was a dental assistant and she said she could smell those people coming.
She told me however, that I don't have that type of smell to me. And that would be verified by all the dentists I've ever seen who have given me seal of dental approval.
Since there are many types of problems that can cause bad breath, it would be prudent to know which group you are in.
I'm surprised with all the work you've done to this site and all the research you have done, that you have not gone to the next step and found out exactly what you smell like.
I guess you are assuming that you have an odor by the reactions you get. I don't think that tells you much.
I know what my breath smells like, I have been told by friends and family, and it didn't make me happy, but it made me informed. I've had people who have told me about my breath and described it to me and they also watched as I tried every product on the market to eliminate it.
Since you are acting as an advocate for those of us with the affliction, I would think it would be important to know for certain how you smell.
And try to keep an open mind when it comes to things like TMAU. A diagnosis is the foundation for finding a cure, whether it be TMAU or reflux or tonsils or sinuses or liver, gallbladder, whatever, you have to know what you're dealing with to cure it.
TMAU currently does not have a cure, there are treatments, but with nominal success. And I know of a few people who have chronic, unrelenting breath odor, that were diagnosed.
So, to close your mind and eliminate these possibilities would be a disservice to the people you are trying to help, including yourself.
Just to let you know I have gone vegetarian in the past and found that it did not decrease the odor nor change the characteristic of the odor. Yes, my poop smelled better but that was it. And I lost weight I didn't need to lose.
And I don't agree that the mind is the cause of bad breath, if it was mine would be gone long ago. Yes, it stresses you out to think about it, but it's a factor you have to deal with in every social situation. I think the only way your mind could be involved is if you think you have bad breath, but you don't, yet you act on it anyway. That's why knowing the facts is an important part of the research, and that is what we're doing here Jimi, research right? LJ
Jimi Stein
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by Jimi Stein »

Nice conversation we 2 are having LJ. I like it. I already have you for my friend.

Let me explain. As I know TMAU can no tbe cured so getting a diagnosis about having TMAU can not help you a lot. Some people who are diagnosed with TMAU can get really depressed because TMAU can not be treated. I would rather not get a TMAU diagnosis.

That is just my opinion.

I must say that that this site is really for research but at the same time to make people beleive there is a cure. If some stupid doctor tells me there is no cure and that I have TMAU I would get depressed. I do not want to give up at all.

Never!

LEt me tell you about my bad breath. Bad breath was really improved by going vegetarian. But slowly it was really progressing. I can not stand meat or fish becaue I get sick and I also have moral reasons. I will never eat meat and fish again in my life even if I could because of karma.

And why I do not ask what my breath smells like. Because I do not want to make people run away. I asked one person and she told me it smells like undigested food. I do not know what tjat smells like. I can not ask my parents. They are real pricks, they hate me because of it, my mother even wanted to kill me if I would mention my bad breath, she even tried to make a s*****e in front of me because I came home from school depressed that everybody was avoiding me 24/7. I must say my mother and also father are loons. It is not a nice thing to say but they treated me so bad because of bad breath these last few years. She even sent me to shrink and shrink told me to go to the doctor and that they should check my bad breath out. The shrink told me that I should check my stomach out. Bullsshit like that.

I was tested by Dr. Katz and he said I have it. My VSC was really high. So no bullshit about not knowing having a bad breath.

A lot of people mentioned it not in harsh way but like I have bad breath but it doesn't bother them and if I drank coffe because I smelled.

I hate these ideas about asking people if you have bad breath. If they avoid you, offer you gum all the time, tell you you smell, nobody talks to you, girls cover their noses I get really pissed if somebody tells me ask you mother if you have it.

My mother is nuts, she hates me so much because of it. She takes medication XANAX so she is not a really sane person. I am like a burden for her. I think my parents would like to see me dead.

I hope I gave you enough answers. Nice to have you with us LJ.

And it is true MY PERSONALITY DID CHANGE BECAUSE OF BAD BREATH.

:-({|= #-o
me
Advanced

john

Post by me »

hi to all, ok so i know my breath smells like poop not literaly :( today i went to the doctor and he gaveme levaquin so my question is did any of u guys have taken levaquin and if u did how did it work for u??
LJ
Junior

levoquin

Post by LJ »

Hi:
I have the fecal odor predominantly and I took levoquin, it's a very strong antibiotic, given for pneumonia and other respiratory infections.
Yes, it worked the whole ten days I was on it. Nobody really gave me any notice and I could talk relatively freely.
However, when the regimine was up, I turned back into a pumpkin, and smelled even worse than when I began the treatment.
My breath smelled exactly like old, rotting, garbage, it was so bad I could'nt stand to be with myself.
It took almost three weeks before my breath went back to normal bad breath.
Anyway, if you try it, good luck, enjoy the ten days you will have without your bad breath and prepare for the following three weeks when the odor will scare away your best friends, animals and all. LJ
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic