Your Email Address:

First Name:

How to get rid of your Halitosis Locally.(life changing)

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
Ruben
Junior

Post by Ruben »

TeamZissou wrote:How can you cure your BB by just cleaning the glossopalatine arch? I'm not saying it wouldn't help, but if you have post-nasal drip coating your nasopharynx, the back of your throat, and even down towards the vocal cords, aren't you going to be missing a lot? Especially if you have fetid tonsils with tonsil stones.

I'm almost sure at this point my BB comes from my throat. I'm hesitant to get my tonsils out because I can feel the mucous farther down then that, as well as in the back of the throat higher up between the tonsils.

I think a more global solution is thinning out the mucous somehow, or finding a way to eliminate the reason for its production, ie. inflammation and pH changes due to reflux.
If PND was coating your vocal cords you wouldn't be able to talk. I think the oxygen coming from you trachea would not allow such an anaerobe to grow in that area. You're right that taht a PH change in needed in that area, that is why you need something like Xylitol and the end of each cleaning, to change the PH of that area prevent regrowth of the microbe.
If you just used xylitol without clearing out the place, you'll just be pouring water on a dish with caked on grease.

TeamZissou
Advanced

Post by TeamZissou »

I kind of explained that badly. I didn't mean on the cords themselves, but in the recesses and on the membranes around them. There's a lot of surface area there for biofilms. The oxygen content wouldn't be any higher near the trachea if you think about it. Any air that gets to the trachea has to pass over the mouth or nasal passages first. The oxygen content would be the same.

Anyways I guess the point is, I like your concept of trying to clean the area. I just think that the glossopalatine arch is a small part of the problem, and much of the rest of it can't be cleaned manually because of how far back it is.

The nasopharynx, oropharynx, palatine tonsils, lingual tonsils, larynx, and the extreme posterior of the tongue can all from these biofilms I'm assuming.

In addition to these manual cleaning methods, finding a way to reduce the problem farther down is going to be needed for a lot of people to completely get rid of the problem.

Not sure quite how yet though.
bad day1

Post by bad day1 »

Ruben, I did not have any intentions to discredit your method so I apologise if you were upset or if my posts appeared as such. The method actually did what was written it would have done - I was able to expose the area behind the flap and do the cleaning. I probably did something wrong that led to an unexpected result; or the nose bb could have been caused by something different altogether.
Ruben
Junior

Post by Ruben »

bad day1 wrote:Ruben, I did not have any intentions to discredit your method so I apologise if you were upset or if my posts appeared as such. The method actually did what was written it would have done - I was able to expose the area behind the flap and do the cleaning. I probably did something wrong that led to an unexpected result; or the nose bb could have been caused by something different altogether.
Wasn't offended bro, no apologies needed. Did you get to see the ENT?
Ruben
Junior

Post by Ruben »

For those in the UK & australia, i found out that Otex ear drops have the same ingredients with similar viscosity, but at 5% concentration. This is an over the counter medication apparently. If you can get your hands on it, you might use it as a substitute.
mostlylogical

Post by mostlylogical »

Just gave it a try with a brush of same kind,regular toothpaste and (%3) H2O2. As for carbamide proxide, well i couldn't manage to find any product containing it, i'll look further for it later.

Gag reflex was a bit strong, therefore i had to be gentle, so i'm not sure if i reached everywhere behind the membrane, but there was some gunk, with a greyish tone,on both sides.

As its only been a few hours i can't really tell much difference.Whether or not my mouth smells bad tomorrow morning, i'll give it one more try, as this attempt is semi-blocked by my gag reflex.

A few things though, how often were you doing this procedure ? And how is your condition now ?

And (%3)H2O2, even it's diluted %50 with water, i feel its not completely safe to gargle with it.I felt like a dog with rabies XD Seriously, isn't it dangerous to use it continuously ?

Sorry for necroing an old thread,it just looks promising.
mostlylogical

Mornin Report!!

Post by mostlylogical »

Ok,i just woke up with a (not so considerably, but definitely noticable) less smell.What is more amazing for me is, i can't really sense the rotten smell anymore when i lick my wrist.This is definitely new for me, as it were smelly even 30 mins after i brush my teeth for the last 7 years.Also, i can see PND is considerably less too.So..i guess i'll just do this one one time and see how it goes.
meowkity1
Super Angel

Post by meowkity1 »

After reading this post, I licked the area. It deinately ha a bad taste, comparedto the front roof of my mouth. I cleaned with electric brush and listerine. Its been 2 days an the bad taste is still gone. I'm not curedbut goin tokeep doiing it. I noticed my neice didn't sneeze today. I babysit her and she usually sneezes atleast once when I talk to her. The bad taste/smell is probably coming from tongue coating though
ruch
Sheriff

Post by ruch »

i am hesitantly going to try this.. but am afraid of damaging my mouth. does it hurt? just seems like an electric tooth brush might be pretty rough..
my3rdmolars
Junior

Re: How to get rid of your Halitosis Locally.(life changing)

Post by my3rdmolars »

Ruben wrote:Okay, i'm not trying to sell anybody anything.Everything product in this post you can purchase at your local store. This is one in a series of 3-4 posts i'm going to make. I finally figured it out, it all has to do with your glossopalatine arch..
http://mundgeruch.wordpress.com/2010/09 ... h-locally/
This looks interesting, I would love to try this. How often should we do this? Once a week?
TM: 0906-6778910
mike987
Super Angel

Post by mike987 »

Try rubbing the area down with a washcloth and a bit of soap, or toothpaste in your mouth. Probably just as effective and less damaging.

I don't think this arch is my problem. I don't have any of the gunk described and from what I can tell it doesn't smell back there.
martinez28
Total Newbie

Post by martinez28 »

I advise you all to ignore me because I'm a spammer
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic