Your Email Address:

First Name:

Just curious, how many of you actually exercise?

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
Exercise
Total Newbie

Just curious, how many of you actually exercise?

Post by Exercise »

Alright, here's my story.

Roughly 13 months ago, I began suffering from Bad Breath. That was 7 months after I stopped going to the gym. I tried everything to cure it, to no avail. I thought I was stuck with it for the rest of my life, and eventually came to accept it.

Now, back in November of 2010, I subscribed to the gym again, and much to my surprise, the bad breath has reduced in intensity on some days, and completely disappeared on most days.

So I was wondering, how many of you actually exercise? From most of the posts I read on this site, it seems everyone's kinda depressed and don't go out of their house much ( and yeah, I totally understand that cause I was doing the same thing for most of 2010 ).

I do know physical activity reduces stress and improves digestion for most people.

By the way, I do heavy lifting and cardio, if that helps.

bblady

Post by bblady »

From most of the posts I read on this site, it seems everyone's kinda depressed and don't go out of their house much
:-s Excuse me? :roll: I work full-time and am a part-time student. Both require me to leave home.

As for exercise, I get lots of exercise each and everyday. While it feels good and keeps my weight and health in check, it does nothing for my breath. I have not allowed my bad breath to interfere with my life, even though there are moments I wish I could turn into a complete hermit and live a life away from people because of the reactions I receive when they notice my breath. I still manage to get out into the world everyday. I will not disappear. I refuse to give the people who despise my bad breath the satisfaction. ha ha.
deebo

Re: Just curious, how many of you actually exercise?

Post by deebo »

Exercise wrote: So I was wondering, how many of you actually exercise? From most of the posts I read on this site, it seems everyone's kinda depressed and don't go out of their house much ( and yeah, I totally understand that cause I was doing the same thing for most of 2010 ).

I do know physical activity reduces stress and improves digestion for most people.

cant speak for others but i workout or walk/bike pretty much daily . My cardiovascular health is great for my demographic . I have social anxiety ,and get to the gym or out side all the time . Of course social anxiety and depression aren't the same , I would think many folks are depressed Due to BB. It happens . Catch 22 for some as a healthier body can fight off certain types of BB more readily . BUT as you know ,all BB isn't the same .
The Mouth leads to all parts of the body that can cause BB . Fixing your BB by WorkingOut is Totally Subjective . While working out is good for everyone , its as bad as some of these dense dentists who say "just floss more" .
Anyway ,What type of BB do/did you have ? What do/did you eat? How do you know its better by that percentage . And Welcome to BB/H forum .
Exercise
Total Newbie

Post by Exercise »

deebo wrote: cant speak for others but i workout or walk/bike pretty much daily . My cardiovascular health is great for my demographic . I have social anxiety ,and get to the gym or out side all the time . Of course social anxiety and depression aren't the same , I would think many folks are depressed Due to BB. It happens . Catch 22 for some as a healthier body can fight off certain types of BB more readily . BUT as you know ,all BB isn't the same .
The Mouth leads to all parts of the body that can cause BB . Fixing your BB by WorkingOut is Totally Subjective . While working out is good for everyone , its as bad as some of these dense dentists who say "just floss more" .
Anyway ,What type of BB do/did you have ? What do/did you eat? How do you know its better by that percentage . And Welcome to BB/H forum .
Breath : White tongue + I'm pretty sure bacterial ( fecal )
What I had been eating : healthy stuff because I thought nutrition was the cause of my BB. I also had lost 15 lbs because of that new diet.
What I eat now : Tripled caloric intake compared to this summer. Still eat healthy. Added Whey protein. I am on a bulk at the moment.
How do I know :
-Asking people how my breath is
-I can't smell my breath through my nose anymore
-People don't seem irritated by my breath anymore and I can hold close conversations with them
-Shoving a spoon down my throat doesn't smell nearly as bad as it used to ( often smells nothing )

Bear in mind my tongue is still mostly white, and I imagine it will take a while to clear, considering it took a year to build up.
deebo

Post by deebo »

After reading 1 of Jimi's old posts i started %100 raw 5 days ago.
I've been mostly veg since i was a kid and always in athletic shape
. Myself and other forum users say that PND is worse during and after working out .
I'm sure your'e not professing to having answers for any one but yourself . Correct ? We (you ) can only try and give a good anecdotal account of
what is working for our own BB . there are many variables that cause BB .
I agree that 99% of the time BB is an imbalance in our health ,exercise is only 1 of 100s of possible things to look at in that balance . Some of the most unhealthy fat people I know have Rosy breath and I know some fit gym rats with breath to kill a horse so...
espasiba
Junior

Post by espasiba »

Cardio for sure helps, it does depend on the person and the type of cardio though. Jogging/running probably has the best effect.

I have the crazy belief that jogging 30+ minutes 4-7 times a week can cure bb.
deebo

Post by deebo »

espasiba wrote:Cardio for sure helps, it does depend on the person and the type of cardio though. Jogging/running probably has the best effect.

I have the crazy belief that jogging 30+ minutes 4-7 times a week can cure bb.
Love to Know your sources . Please elaborate espasiba .
222chick
Advanced

Post by 222chick »

I know this is an old post. Although I do workout, I have been slacking the past couple months because of work and school. I have a feeling that it does help BB. I've been doing a lot of reading on the forum and I believe stress can make bb worse. Well exercise reduces stress. Even if it doesn't help, everyone knows it definitely has its benefits. I think I'll workout some in a couple hours. I like doing cardio workouts I find on youtube and I do yoga. It really helps me calm down.
Cauterize
Junior

Post by Cauterize »

Exercise wrote:Alright, here's my story.

Roughly 13 months ago, I began suffering from Bad Breath. That was 7 months after I stopped going to the gym. I tried everything to cure it, to no avail. I thought I was stuck with it for the rest of my life, and eventually came to accept it.

Now, back in November of 2010, I subscribed to the gym again, and much to my surprise, the bad breath has reduced in intensity on some days, and completely disappeared on most days.

So I was wondering, how many of you actually exercise? From most of the posts I read on this site, it seems everyone's kinda depressed and don't go out of their house much ( and yeah, I totally understand that cause I was doing the same thing for most of 2010 ).

You said you used a spoon down your throat and it smelled?This means that your bad breath originates from your oral hygiene.Get your self some search on the forum and find out how to take care of it daily
sadgirlbb
Advanced

Post by sadgirlbb »

I am a gym buff... have worked out and done cardio till I almost passed out, Did nothing for my breath.....
Cauterize
Junior

Post by Cauterize »

sadgirlbb wrote:I am a gym buff... have worked out and done cardio till I almost passed out, Did nothing for my breath.....
Pretty sure it made your bad breath worse,because the body goes to an overclock version of it.Out of subject,If you want to make a successful body consume protein after your workout(Body goes on frenzy after the workout.It needs to find protein to rebuild muscle so if you don't provide enough protein, clearly you are working out for no reason at all), i miserably failed to understand this for 3 months :/ Also stop doing too much cardio exercise because it burns muscle tissue instead of fat... google it :) Have a nice day Jok :)
222chick
Advanced

Post by 222chick »

I think too much protein is a no-no for your breath though.
coconuthead
Advanced

Post by coconuthead »

I'm a full-time student who currently doesn't work, so I have some time to exercise. I usually jog 2-3 times a week for 45 minutes at the local park, and I walk for 30 minutes around my neighborhood sometimes. That's pretty much all the exercise I do. I still have bad breath, though. When I was in middle school, I participated in a lot of extracurricular activites (volleyball, track, and gymnastics) but I still had bad breath, however, while in middle school my BB never affected me at all. I had plenty of friends and was really outgoing then.
sadgirlbb
Advanced

Post by sadgirlbb »

222chick wrote:I think too much protein is a no-no for your breath though.
I have read that too much protein is a no no also. But I drink a lot of protein powder every day. I try to get in 50g using the powder and the rest by diet.

Is there a type of protein that doesn't react to your breath?
sadgirlbb
Advanced

Post by sadgirlbb »

Cauterize wrote:Also stop doing too much cardio exercise because it burns muscle tissue instead of fat... google it :) Have a nice day Jok :)
Cauterize I still have plenty of fat to burn before I start burning muscle....LOL so I think I am safe for now. But thanks for looking out for me. :)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic