Your Email Address:

First Name:

Is it all in my head?

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
dbwPeace
Total Newbie

Is it all in my head?

Post by dbwPeace »

Hi:

I am new but have been reading this site for a few days. I do not know what to do. I am very well liked by people around me. I feel really loved and cared for and have many friends. People ask me to go out with them, hug me, and tell me that they enjoy my presence. The problem is - my breath. I notice sometimes that people do put their hand up to their nose when talking to me or rub their nose a lot - or frankly, stand back. The last straw was when I was with a friend outside and not only did she stand back, but she took a couple of leaves off a bush and started smelling them. Bad sign.

I floss. I carry a toothbrush, toothpaste, a tongue scraper, and mouthwash with me. I brush after every meal and sometimes just because. I see a therapist and am sure to brush before seeing the therapist. I chew lots of gum and carry therabreath mints. I cover my mouth when I talk. I had bad breath as a child due to extreme neglect (did not brush teeth for years - very neglectful parents). I still, amazingly, had friends though.

Now I am super careful and am grateful to God that the dentist always says I have a healthy mouth after the neglectful childhood.

After the whole "friend smelling leaves" to avoid my bad breath and having more people step back from me, I decided to really start scraping. I tried the Therabreath "routine" but it only took away all taste. I read that a lot of people use the Therabreath toothpaste so maybe I can try that. I have a small white film on my tongue and more on the back of my tongue. With scraping and brushing, I get rid of almost all of it. I never see any "gunk" in the back of my throat or white things. Once while brushing, I brushed my tonsils and it smelled bad. But since then after brushing my tonsils, it did not smell again. I have tried the "breathing into hand" test, blow up towards my nose, do the lick test all of the time where I lick my hand - nothing.

But I know I must have bad breath because people stand back from me. I asked my roommate who is my good friend if I had bad breath. She said, "I do not think that is something you need to worry about. You brush your teeth like a million times a day. I have never smelled bad breath coming off of you." But at the same time I believe I have overheard (for sure) my other roommate telling my other roommate that I had really bad breath.

So, I am not sure, due to lick test, that it is all in my head. But I do not feel that I am that crazy. I wish I did not have bad breath like my friends around me. I do not know what to do. I am so embarrassed that I do not want to talk to people anymore, even from far away. I do not want to be in the same room with people really. I started eating in my bedroom because I just do not want to overwhelm my roommates with my bad breath.

I have been reading on here and wonder if I have parasites.

I am just curious if it is possible to have bad breath despite the lick test?

Thanks.

dbwPeace

firebreath
Junior

Post by firebreath »

you need to make sure you do the lick test properly.
one of the best ways is to take your long finger all the way to the back of the throat, and i mean , as far back as possible , rub it hard against the back of the tongue - then - wipe a small amount of saliva from that finger onto your wrist - then smell.
if you get a very strong smell straight from your fingers or from the wrist then you have a problem.
sometimes you may need to wait a minute or so or rub the wrist to get a smell.
However,it must be said , that even people with no BB will have a small amount of smell.
Free2breath911
Junior

Post by Free2breath911 »

I know one thing for sure, and that is ....friends nor family will tell you. At least not unless there people like me. Before i had bb I would tell all of my friends whenever they had BB.

And when my bb began ive only had one person to tell me to my face i had bb and that was a good friend at the time. Because I always told him when he smelled (which was pretty normal for him) Lol.

But 9/10 you do have bb....and it so hard to ask someone about it,,,,when there is nothing you can do about it.

I sometime wish someone would just say it to my face! But they never do!
exume
Advanced
bb

Post by exume »

yeah it sucks but ***k this world and their obsession with smell i used to be nice and hold my breath but not anymore keep smelling bastards
deebo

Post by deebo »

Free2breath911 wrote:
I sometime wish someone would just say it to my face! But they never do!
i really value those people . I've had only 2 friends in my whole life who would say it without being descending . With 1 woman i was close friends with ,we'd tell it straight "dude..you got baaad breath right now" lawlz.. . that of course b4 it became chronic BB for me . I wish i had her or a friend like that now, or even a reliable device or technique .

Dr's will Not sh!t ,even when I ask them direct during a visit specifically about BB . They r like "I dont smell anything" . Anyway , free2 I'll PM you my yahoo message contact info . some BB baggage to be unloaded by all .
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic