Your Email Address:

First Name:

My Regime

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
Keano
Total Newbie

My Regime

Post by Keano »

I don't how useful this is but I thought I'd sharethis with you anyway

I've had bad breath for 15-20 yrs. The only way I know that I have still got this by use of the "lick test" on the back of my wrist as i'm to embarrassed to ask for someone elses opinion. Although this is not very scientific, I think it is reasonably reliable as an indicator of bad breath.

A few months ago, I was using a new mouthwash and could not understand why I was still having that horrible taste in my mouth even though I could not smell anything after performing the lick test. What I decided to do was using my smallest finger reach as far back on my tongue as I could without causing a gag reflex. After smelling this, I realised that this was where the bad taste was coming from. I think you can try a similar thing with a spoon but:
1) I'm not sure how effective this is.
2) A larger object is more likely to cause a gag reflex
3) It is awkward carrying around a spoon to check this on a regular basis

Morning:
Scrape tongue
Gargle with Dently ph (this helps to removes the bacteria)
Scrape tongue
Gargle again with Dentyl ph
Scrape tongue
Gargle with breezecare hydrogen peroxide and triclosan (i'm not sure but I don't think this is sold anymore) Also breezecare's instructions state not to gargle with this but I'm not sure of the reason why
Brush teeth with breezcare chlorine dioxide toothpaste

Total time for this is less than 10 mins

I haven’t really sorted out a regime in the evenings and at night but I tend to just wash my teeth and gargle with the Dentyl ph again..

In addition I use therabreath power drops every few hours although I'm not sure if these are required.

To help with PND I have started to take 1000mg of Vitamin C as I read somewhere this may help with sinusitis and it is the posterior part of the tongue where most of the bacteria reside.

During the day I try to have some cold drinks and if possible add ice to these. The reason why I mention ice is that I read somewhere that ice can stop a spot from forming if you catch it early enough. I’m not sure how it does this but it may have an effect on the bacteria.

Although I have only just started this regime in the last few days, I checked the back of my tongue at 2:30 pm (approx 6hrs after doing this in the morning) and could not detect any bit of sulphur. After arriving home from work I checked again and I could only smell the merest hint.

If anyone has any queries or questions then let me know.