Your Email Address:

First Name:

THE cure for bad breath

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
stulla

Post by stulla »

GTFO.BADBREATH wrote:At the moment I’m on Naseptin Nasal Cream, cloxicillin and prednisone to try stop the nasal odor.
Did you get Naseptin in the US? Tried to get a family friend who is a doctor to give me but she could not find it in the database.

GTFO.BADBREATH
Junior
Post by GTFO.BADBREATH »

Hi Stulla, I actually live in South Africa. It might be sold under a different name in your country. I'm sure if you google the two ingredients in Naseptin (one of which is chlorhexidine hydrochloride) you *might* be able to find it sold as something else.

As a side note, I think its helping somewhat. but its still early, only day 2. I will monitor the progress. Something which always helps my nasal odor is amoxicillin, but the problem is that docs give me a short course (5-7 days) so i'll feel the odor diminishing rapidly per day but not completely then the course will finish and the odor will return in a few days. Maybe I need a 14 day course? who knows :(
dick.karma
Advanced

Post by dick.karma »

@Archimonde & HOpeful

yes it will dissolve upon contact. I don't rub my gums with the saline solution or with plain salt

what I do is add a pinch of salt to 20-30ml of water then gargle. for brushing add pinch of salt on a bit of toothpaste then let it dissolve, then gargle again with the same solution
mtr
Advanced

Post by mtr »

Hello all,

I tried the other day the treatment as described but the pain was unbearable.. And even the next day that I tried to brush my teeth with a regular toothpaste it was also painful because my gums were damaged and still after 2-3 days my gums have not recovered...

BUT!! What I did realize is that although the gums might seem healthy they do have a role in our present BB because, after doing that treatment that night, and the tongue scraping etc, the next day I woke up with an awful breath and a very white tongue, as its been a long time to see my tongue so whitish and my breath so awful.. The only thing that came on my mind is that indeed, that area has something to do with the white tongue but am not sure if this is the right way to fight it.. Cause although my gums bled I didn't recognize any brown things or pus coming out.. I don't know.. If anyone else who tried this treatment method could give me some advice that would be very appreciated!
hope4now
Master
Post by hope4now »

dick.karma wrote:@Archimonde & HOpeful

yes it will dissolve upon contact. I don't rub my gums with the saline solution or with plain salt

what I do is add a pinch of salt to 20-30ml of water then gargle. for brushing add pinch of salt on a bit of toothpaste then let it dissolve, then gargle again with the same solution
I think brushing with salt and water alone is much more effective than with toothpaste. It needs to be concentrated to work on gum disease. The foaming action of the toothpaste keeps it from penetrating below the gum line. Salt may make your gums hurt, but only the diseased ones.
daveparker
Advanced

Post by daveparker »

I've been doing this for years, brushing with salt/peroxide mix, and using salt and water as mouth wash, it helps initially, but bb comes back fairly quickly as usual. If you have a gum disease and have brown pus coming out which is a fairly obvious, I'm 100% sure a dentist wouldn't miss that, and would effectively treat you. I have no gum disease, I have been to a several different dentists when I was obsessed that my teeth and gums were causing bb, every single one told me my gums and teeth were healthier than most patients, occasionally I'll have a cavity, other than that nothing. Just because your mouth feels dirty, doesn't mean its your teeth or gums, easily could be sinus related, stomach related, throat related.
hope4now
Master
Post by hope4now »

daveparker wrote:I've been doing this for years, brushing with salt/peroxide mix, and using salt and water as mouth wash, it helps initially, but bb comes back fairly quickly as usual. If you have a gum disease and have brown pus coming out which is a fairly obvious, I'm 100% sure a dentist wouldn't miss that, and would effectively treat you. I have no gum disease, I have been to a several different dentists when I was obsessed that my teeth and gums were causing bb, every single one told me my gums and teeth were healthier than most patients, occasionally I'll have a cavity, other than that nothing. Just because your mouth feels dirty, doesn't mean its your teeth or gums, easily could be sinus related, stomach related, throat related.
I never found H2O2 to be good at all for bb. It usually made it worse for me. Plus it contains a lot of free radicals, which can get absorbed through the mouth.

So far brushing with salt seems to be working for me (maybe 80% better). I sprinkle some sea salt on a wet toothbrush so the salt is very concentrated, making sure it gets into the gums. The good thing about salt is that it's nontoxic, unlike so many other bb products.
bbshiat

Post by bbshiat »

guys it´s not working anymore.. i can feel and smell my bad taste hm
:( :(
mike987
Super Angel

Post by mike987 »

Okay guys.
Yet another thread full of promised cures..

And, I'm not going to bother reading it all. [-(

Instead, all of you who are now cured because of it, tell me so.
hope4now
Master
Post by hope4now »

bbshiat wrote:guys it´s not working anymore.. i can feel and smell my bad taste hm
:( :(
Today I had a relapse too. Could smell my breath when I talked. Maybe salt works for awhile then quits or maybe it was the placebo effect. I might go back to GSE. #-o
dick.karma
Advanced

Post by dick.karma »

ok, confirmed that bb is still there basing on reactions

The only difference I noticed is that saliva/white coating smell is almost gone
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic