Your Email Address:

First Name:

Murat Aydin

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
aydinmur
God

Re: Murat Aydin

Post by aydinmur »

Friends,
Since years I work on halitosis, (Please note: I dont cure halitosis), I have usually seen patients do the common mistakes. Many people think they regularly clean their teeth, but they no not.

Unfortunately there is not a clear user manual to clean teeth, most of us or many companies omit to teach how teeth are brushed. On the other hand, some written materials tell incomplete information about oral cleaning.

*if* you complain from halitosis, please accept my few advice:
1- leave soft brush
2- leave battery operated brush
3- Need middle hard dental brush for halitosis patients but good dental brush is not easy found comercially. I have found one in Turkiye. I give this brush to my patients as a gift.

4- Never shorten brushing time under 3 minutes.
5- Brush your teeth in a vertical direction before sleeping, and after breakfast (at least two times)
6- Do not scrape your tongue, brush only.
7- MANY rinses start halitosis if it contains any ingredient that ends with "-ol" suffix. For example: alcohol, mannitol, sorbitol, glycol, glyserol, ethanol.. because they are alcohol. alcohol is a fuel of bacteria.
8- Push hairs of the brush between tooth, do not be much polite during brushing.
9- Make theree things all the day when/if you do not use your mouth:

- 1- keep open contact your upper and lower teeth. They must not contact with each other
- 2- keep close your lips
- 3- keep/colect your saliva in your mouth

10- Use floss but its not very useful for halitosis as expected
11- Clean your nostrils often
12- You do not need expensive tooth pastes. 99% of them is similar to each other. Choose the cheapest one.
English
13- You dont need "Mouth shower". Nobody needs it. Fully unncessary for healthly adults. It is for elders, patients who are hospitalized, intensive care patients, body (or intelligent) handicapped people or other people who are uncooperated.

Hope you find them useful
-M

sj7
Total Newbie

Post by sj7 »

aydinmur wrote:Friends,
Since years I work on halitosis, (Please note: I dont cure halitosis), I have usually seen patients do the common mistakes. Many people think they regularly clean their teeth, but they no not.

Unfortunately there is not a clear user manual to clean teeth, most of us or many companies omit to teach how teeth are brushed. On the other hand, some written materials tell incomplete information about oral cleaning.

*if* you complain from halitosis, please accept my few advice:
1- leave soft brush
2- leave battery operated brush
3- Need middle hard dental brush for halitosis patients but good dental brush is not easy found comercially. I have found one in Turkiye. I give this brush to my patients as a gift.

4- Never shorten brushing time under 3 minutes.
5- Brush your teeth in a vertical direction before sleeping, and after breakfast (at least two times)
6- Do not scrape your tongue, brush only.
7- MANY rinses start halitosis if it contains any ingredient that ends with "-ol" suffix. For example: alcohol, mannitol, sorbitol, glycol, glyserol, ethanol.. because they are alcohol. alcohol is a fuel of bacteria.
8- Push hairs of the brush between tooth, do not be much polite during brushing.
9- Make theree things all the day when/if you do not use your mouth:

- 1- keep open contact your upper and lower teeth. They must not contact with each other
- 2- keep close your lips
- 3- keep/colect your saliva in your mouth

10- Use floss but its not very useful for halitosis as expected
11- Clean your nostrils often
12- You do not need expensive tooth pastes. 99% of them is similar to each other. Choose the cheapest one.
te from Turkish to English
13- You dont need "Mouth shower". Nobody needs it. Fully unncessary for healthly adults. It is for elders, patients who are hospitalized, intensive care patients, body (or intelligent) handicapped people or other people who are uncooperated.

Hope you find them useful
-M

Hi Dr Murat Aydin, I've read two of your publications on detection and the other one about classification of halitosis. Appreciate your work on this very taboo subject.

I have a question for you Dr Murat.

From your experience, have you met someone that have halitosis (burning, blood, fecal like smell) from episodes of sharp pain at the back of their head and neck area?

Thank you.
aydinmur
God

Post by aydinmur »

sj7 wrote:have you met someone that have halitosis from episodes of sharp pain at the back of their head and neck area?
I have not ever met someone who have halitosis from episodes of sharp pain at the back of their head and neck area.

I would suggest cranium MR or CT for such a case.

-M
Ana

Post by Ana »

dr murat, can hormonal imbalances cause halitosis?
my bad breath gets bad during my menstruation.

also, can medications give you halitosis?
is that considered type 4?
what test can i make for type 4?
winter
Sheriff

Post by winter »

Hey Ana, mine is bad all along, but gets worse during my period. We might have a similar case. Keep in touch.
aydinmur
God

Post by aydinmur »

Ana wrote:dr murat, can hormonal imbalances cause halitosis?
my bad breath gets bad during my menstruation.

also, can medications give you halitosis?
is that considered type 4?
what test can i make for type 4?
Many thanks for your questions

First question:
Yes every menstruration (and even ovulation) can cause Type 4 halitosis.
According to somes, every cycle is a temporary tma disorder.

Second question:
What madication do we talk about?
-M
Ana

Post by Ana »

Dr Murat,thank you for your answer

1.Does that mean that i have a secondary type tmau?
What treatment can i get, in this case? Should i go to and endocrinologist?

2:the medication i get is 4mg cortisone everyday
aydinmur
God

Post by aydinmur »

Ana wrote:1.Does that mean that i have a secondary type tmau?
What treatment can i get, in this case? Should i go to and endocrinologist?
No.
I did not say such a thing.
Its does not mean that you have a secondary type tmau.
During mensturation cycle, women emit some odorous gases from their breath, skin, urine. This gas emission is temporary and physiologic. Not a pathologic condition,
2:the medication i get is 4mg cortisone everyday
Leave cortisone if your doctor did not prescribe it
-M
Ana

Post by Ana »

Leave cortisone if your doctor did not prescribe it
-M
.Dr Murat, Thank you for the reply

1.Unfortunately, my doctor prescribed it, and i cannot stop taking it.
What can i do in this case?

2. I want to medically be sure that i have halitosis, sometimes i dont feel it.
what exam do you suggest?
There is no Oral chroma in my country, only Halimeter and Gas chromatography.
Wich one is more efficient?

Thank you
Dead
Advanced

Post by Dead »

aydinmur wrote: 6- Do not scrape your tongue, brush only.
Dr. could you explain why scraping the tongue is bad? Since the majority of the bacteria in the mouth is on the tongue. And i believe the tongue is almost always where the smell originates from, for type 1 halitosis at least.
aydinmur
God

Post by aydinmur »

Ana wrote:2. I want to medically be sure that i have halitosis, sometimes i dont feel it.
what exam do you suggest?
There is no Oral chroma in my country, only Halimeter and Gas chromatography.
Wich one is more efficient?
Do nothing.

There are 5 examination methods. http://www.drmurataydin.com/halitosis-muayene.pdf
Oral chroma is a gas chromatograph. It and every halitometer does measure gas but not halitosis.

If you or your family or close friends dont perceive halitosis from your mouth within your social life, you should do nothing.

No need halitometer for diagnosis.
It is enough to diagnose If conplaints prolong more than 2 month without ask question whether you have halitosis.
-M
aydinmur
God

Post by aydinmur »

Dead wrote:could you explain why scraping the tongue is bad? Since the majority of the bacteria in the mouth is on the tongue. And i believe the tongue is almost always where the smell originates from, for type 1 halitosis at least.
Thank you for the good question
Scrapping does not remove microbial biofilm from tongue surface.
it detains microbes (green) between papillae. On the other hand, scrapper cuts the head of papillae.
(Picture from Hess J, 2008)

You should brush the tongue instead of scrape it.
-Murat
games1
Total Newbie

Post by games1 »

Hello!
I'm new to this forum and i also have got problems with my breath.

My saliva smells like vinegar/sour . I have this problem for 10 years or more ,who knows how long it smells like that. (i'm 25 )

I tried baking soda for some days = it was good but i got used to it ,so it didn't kill that smell anymore
I tried hydrogen peroxide = it was perfect but i read some comments that it is harmful on long term use and i think i also get used to it and it won't kill those bacteria later on. (tell me if i'm wrong)

I used Chlorhexidine just to test it. It's good but also not recommended to use it for more than a week.
My dental calculus comes back very fast (2 months after it was removed) but i don't think it has something to do with that smell or vice versa,when it's removed my saliva still smells.
My oral hygiene is good ,that's not the problem here.

Is there anything what can help to get rid of it forever or something which can be used long term ,like mouthwash ,pills etc ??
What causes that smell? This is one of the worst thing to have. :(

Please help,thank you!
dem

Post by dem »

hello,,I'm new in this website, like many of u I tried many cures during last 8 years after visiting different doctors ENT, gastro ,dentists ect,,, i did tonsillectomy, turbinectomy , mouthwashes with baking soda and peroxide , water fasting, diets ( gluten free, lactose free, sugar free ), candida diet , probiotics ,antibiotics, h pylori eradicated , and now i still have halitosis and I really dont know what to do know and what do i have to try
before i took h.pylori therapy ( 2 months ago ), my endoscopy reveals a chronic gastritis and inflammation of gastric antrum with acid reflux , white tongue ,indigestion , and now i still have the same symptoms ,
my question is : will the lining of the stomach recover naturally after the eradication of h.pylori ? can the fecal beath come from the stomach ?
thank you
aydinmur
God

Non-errupted wisdom teeth are not a reason for halitosis

Post by aydinmur »

One person privately asked , I would like to give answer to people, because of this matter may be general interest

1- If the tooth is invisible in the mouth, it is not a reason for halitosis
2- If the tooth is partly visible but there is not yet gingival inflamation it is not a reason for halitosis
3- If the tooth is completely visible and there is not gingival inflamation it is not a reason for halitosis
4- If the tooth is completely visible and there is gingival inflamation in the periodontal soft tissues, The reason of halitosis is still not this tooth, but the reason is pericoronit. Perhaps Tooth may be indirectly responsible from halitosis.
-M
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic