Your Email Address:

First Name:

Tonsil stones are bastards

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
FedUp
God

Tonsil stones are bastards

Post by FedUp »

I can feel one and tasted it twice today. it feels like it's behind the uvula area.

I started triple anti-biotic course yesterday for h-pylori bacteria. my energy levels have jumped up certainly. but still fart comments, ****ing no matter what i do I can't escape.

i'm gonna shove a water pik up there tonight and blast that little shit out.

sick of people sniffing around me. but on the plus side, no "have you shit yourself" comments lately....

if i could afford tonsillectomy i'd get it done.

also my doctor is going to send me to an ENT after this medicine has run it's course, she says i may have Rhinitis. i'm certainly considering saving money for a tonsillectomy, it's free here in the UK but it's actually persuading a doctor/consultant. when I see the ENT doctor i'm gonna bombard that fucker with it lol

rant over.

how do you dislodge stones in awkward places??? a few pieces of bacteria making life a misery.....

halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

I used to have tonsil stones, until I had my tonsils removed. They only ever came from my tonsils if I picked them out, or when I coughed sometimes one would shoot out into my mouth. Luckily none ever shot out of my mouth.

The fact that you sense one above your uvula area, I wonder if that could be coming from your adenoids? Adenoids can produce tonsil stones, apparently. Make sure your ENT checks for this.

Since having my tonsils out I've never seen another tonsil stone since - thank ***K!
FedUp
God

Post by FedUp »

wow, i googled adenoids I didn't even know we had them up there

I always noticed sometimes it smells of shit there sometimes (as i can taste it in that area).

how can i get them out of there? i felt them today, they feel HUGE. this must be the cause of my nasal BB. it's absolutely crazy how many spaces there are in such a small space for bacteria to gather.

i think i'm gonna try a sinus rinse with hydrogen peroxide tonight. i remember some months ago i did the rinse and a few little stones came out although i thought nothing of it.

i'm definetly going to bring this up to the ENT consultant, enough is enough.
Archimonde
Super Angel

Post by Archimonde »

From what i've read, the only liquid strong enough to dislodge stones with gargling is grapefruit seed extract.

I've personally never seen stones in my mouth, tried picking my tonsils with cotton swabs, irrigating my throat with a waterpik. Nothing happens other than pain and gag reflex.

I'm still not ruling out having smelly tonsil stones hidden in ultra deep crypts because i've gotten a smell of death from gargling with g.s.e once. The smell was so strong that it temporarily came out of my nose too, that was scary. I know i dislodged something, not sure what because i didn't cough up anything. i suspect g.s.e might have damaged/melted the tip of a stone that can only be reached with intense gargling.

An experiment I'm tempted to try is gargling with g.s.e as intensively as possible several times a day, everyday for as long as it takes. It could require gargling 1000s of times to destroy the stones bits by bits. If the stones grow back faster than i can destroy them, i'd never win the battle.
Last edited by Archimonde on Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
badbreathe88
Junior

Post by badbreathe88 »

@Archimonde
2 words: Remove your tonsils
Archimonde
Super Angel

Post by Archimonde »

badbreathe88 wrote:@Archimonde
2 words: Remove your tonsils
1- I made it clear i've never seen stones in my mouth.

2- There is no odor coming directly from my tonsils.

3- Many people still get stones after having their tonsils removed.

I have no reason to have mine removed at this moment in time. This could change if i discover something new. You shouldn't randomly advise people to have one of their organ removed without good reasons.
Archimonde
Super Angel

Post by Archimonde »

@Halitosisux

I want to pick your brain on something.

I found an old post of yours about 'smelly sneezes' then i googled that topic to learn more. Interesting stuff but no one has any explanation. You suggested a brilliant explanation (cant find your post as i'm writing this). You basically said that when they sneeze, that opens up a part of their throat/sinus that would normally be sealed, and the devil is able to escape and stink up the air.

Do you think it's possible that these people could have the same problem as us except they got lucky: their stones (or whatever it is) don't grow on the surface, they grow underneath and are sealed 24/7 except when they sneeze. If that's the case, to me, it would prove that you can have stones or pocket debris that are nearly impossible to clean even with extreme measures.
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

That's right archi. I've never come across anything that mentions what causes this or read of anyone who has ever managed to deal with it, though that doesn't mean to say no one ever has.

I know if I suffered with nasal BB, especially the type that can fill rooms or can cause lingering odours that smell like someone farted, I wouldn't rest until I knew what causes this sneezing thing.

It's possible that when a person sneezes, the rush of air causes a sucking effect on the sinuses or perhaps some other cavity like a crypted tonsil or adenoids or even the lungs. Some people may happen to have "harmless" bacterial or fungal growths in these cavities. They may even have foreign bodies stuck in there.

To understand what I mean, look up "venturi effect" on wikipedia. Carburetors use this very simple principle to suck fuel in according to the flow of air/throttle open

People with sneezing odours would then be considered the lucky ones - their odour only being released when they sneeze. In some people the same odourous source could be getting released more easily, or even constantly.

It's certainly real. People with this sneezing thing can clear a room of people faster than the most deadliest of farts
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic