Your Email Address:

First Name:

An Amazing Discovery - Sugarfree/Chewable VITAMIN C

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
austuser
Sheriff

Post by austuser »

wow imagine not having to use any special kind of mouthwash or excessive oral care routine (which only adds to the social part of our problem as we are seen as weirdo's who have to do all this stuff everytime we brush) just because we discovered we are vitamin c deficient.

I used to take vit c as a child all the time (mainly because i loved the taste they were like candy) and i remmebr the day me and my brother stopped. We were around 5 and we had gotten into the pantry and shared an entire bottle of vitamin c. When my mum woke up she freaked out and called an ambulance. I think thats when i was kind of scared away from taking it.

But im gonna start again right now and give the smart mouth a break for a few weeks to see the actual benefit of this experiment.

Again, good work john. You need to be working for the government or something.

tony
Junior

Post by tony »

I've been using the sugar free 1000mg vitamin C chewable tablets for two days now.
I feel there maybe some improvement however I am still very sceptical. Time will tell.
My concern is does too much Vitamin C do damage to the liver?
I know athletes take extra vitamin C although they need to be careful for this reason.
rahul

hello every body

Post by rahul »

i would like to tell u all that i have started taking vit c 500mg chewable tablets 8 tims a day from yesterdy.the contents of that r ascorbic acid 400 mg n sodium asorbate 450 mg equivalent to 400 mg of ascorbic acid .r ur contents same???
about the effect on bb,i cannot say anything right now,actually i didnt found any change but i wud like to tell that my saliva is sticky after taking vit c
what about ur experiences does ur saliva also gets sticky
unsungzero7
Junior

Post by unsungzero7 »

this will probably work for anyone with vitamin c deficiency, also, excess vitamin c will not cause harm to the liver
girlie girl
Advanced

That's GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by girlie girl »

Hey y'all,

I hope that this is what we've been waiting on, not a treatment with all these chemicals and harmful items added to it--instead a natural element that we can feel safe trying. I am going out to purchase mine. I am a Registered Nurse and I will say that many drugs require "loading doses" and I believe that if you start with the 4000 mg and then once you notice a difference, that you decrease dosage to 2000 mg. Loading dosage is a very common medical practice and with very good reasoning. Please everyone try to keep your "study" going, maybe this is the key to success. Good luck everyone. \:D/
girlie girl
Advanced

Post by girlie girl »

As for "overdosing" on Vit. C, nobody really knows what is safe. See below:
However, questions on what daily amounts of Vitamin C could be considered to be an "overdose" still come up on a regular basis, to which unfortunately, there is no universal answer applicable to everyone, because overdosing on Vitamin C - just like overdosing on any other nutrient - is RELATIVE to the level of those elements that interact with Vitamin C. In other words, it all depends on their intake and ratio to Vitamin C.
Please check out the website from which I gathered the above quote:
http://www.acu-cell.com/vitc.html

I believe that maybe some of us need the extra Vit. C and that's why it's working for some and not for others.

Please keep posting your results. It may lead us somewhere.
girlie girl
Advanced

Post by girlie girl »

More information I have found on Vitamin C:

Vitamin C Dosage Recommendations:
The recommended dietary allowance (RDA) for vitamin C is 75 mg for women and 90 mg for men per day. Since abundant data suggest that far greater doses are needed to support optimal health, Life Extension suggests supplementing with 1000-6000 mg of vitamin C daily with meals, depending on your individual health concerns.

That is quoted from the article from the website listed below...

http://www.lef.org/magazine/mag2006/oct ... inc_02.htm

Amazing, all the benefits of Vitamin C that I never learned in nursing school. I am going to try the vitamin C and try to keep updating often for you guys so we can see how it goes.
succ
Junior

Post by succ »

I bought my 100 tablets of 500mg vit C today. So far I've eaten about 3000mg. I'm planning to eat about 6000mg a day, taking tablets in the morning and during the day and evening every ½ an hour. I don't believe we suffer from any vit C defiency, but instead it somehow helps our immune system to figh.
austuser
Sheriff

Post by austuser »

found this on supplement news.org
Vitamin C deficiency is the most prominent nutrient associated with mouth and gum disease. Studies have shown that Vitamin C supplementation prevents periodontal disease, supports healthy teeth and gums, enhances immunity, and has potent antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. Because excess toxins can cause bad breath, vitamin C supplementation is essential in the eradication of halitosis.
CyberchndriacNot
Advanced

Post by CyberchndriacNot »

Hey this is great news! Do you think it's the vitamin C content? or is it something to do with the pH? or both? I'm also wondering about the vitamin C content found in mastic? Tree resin?? They do have an acidic taste. Perhaps it's the vitamin c content which has been helping me???

As soon as I get to the pharmacy, I'm trying this out as well. maybe I can do more than just control the BB...

keep reading up about side effects and reporting them here. I eat loads of fruit and veg and would never have thought that i had a deficiency but I do wonder what it does to your liver...
Busted
God

Post by Busted »

It gives an extra boost to your immune system e.g. in the winter it decreases you chances of you catching a cold. It does work, because I catch one pretty much every year, but this year I haven't gotten. But uhmm...maybe it's because there hasn't really been one this year.
noptical
God

Post by noptical »

From wikipedia:
Daily requirements

The North American Dietary Reference Intake recommends 90 milligrams per day and no more than 2 grams per day (2000 milligrams per day).[37] Other related species sharing the same inability to produce vitamin C and requiring exogenous vitamin C consume 20 to 80 times this reference intake.[38][39] There is continuing debate within the scientific community over the best dose schedule (the amount and frequency of intake) of vitamin C for maintaining optimal health in humans.[40] It is generally agreed that a balanced diet without supplementation contains enough vitamin C to prevent acute scurvy in an average healthy adult, while those who are pregnant, smoke tobacco, or are under stress require slightly more.[37]

High doses (thousands of milligrams) may result in diarrhea, which is harmless if the dose is reduced immediately. Some researchers[41] claim the onset of diarrhoea to be an indication of where the body’s true vitamin C requirement lies.
unsungzero7
Junior

Post by unsungzero7 »

you guys could get 4000 mg of vitamin c if you drank three cups of orange or tomato juice. Also, when you take that much vitamin c, your body doesn't even process the excess amounts and you basically pee it out. I guess its working for some of you and that is great news but unless you were previously deprived of vitamin c, there is not much logic to this.
succ
Junior

Post by succ »

noptical wrote:From wikipedia:
Daily requirements

The North American Dietary Reference Intake recommends 90 milligrams per day and no more than 2 grams per day (2000 milligrams per day).[37] Other related species sharing the same inability to produce vitamin C and requiring exogenous vitamin C consume 20 to 80 times this reference intake.[38][39] There is continuing debate within the scientific community over the best dose schedule (the amount and frequency of intake) of vitamin C for maintaining optimal health in humans.[40] It is generally agreed that a balanced diet without supplementation contains enough vitamin C to prevent acute scurvy in an average healthy adult, while those who are pregnant, smoke tobacco, or are under stress require slightly more.[37]

High doses (thousands of milligrams) may result in diarrhea, which is harmless if the dose is reduced immediately. Some researchers[41] claim the onset of diarrhoea to be an indication of where the body’s true vitamin C requirement lies.
Vit C is water soluble so there's really no harm done if you take too much so we'll pretty much pee it out(like unsungzero7 said) if we take too much of it. Besides was it only 500mg what our bodies can absorb at a time so I don't think there's much point in taking 1000mg or 1500mg sized pills.
Last edited by succ on Tue May 01, 2007 12:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
oceanside
Master

Post by oceanside »

well, members.

I have to say, I am very pleased with the help of chewable vitamin C, 1,000gm, four times a day=4,000mg.

I am very pleased.

I had a very confident day at work and at the gym (had a face-to-face conversation with a hot chick) she didn't flinch even once.

I will boldly claim that my body/immune system is being radically altered by the introduction of 4,000 mg of chewable vitamin C beyond my wildest dreams. Never in a million years would I thought hight dosage of vitamin c, (cheap, simple, and natural) would restored my oral/flora balance. The raw sewage stench that has been prevelent in my mouth 24/7 is under controlled.

Thank God!

I just hope that reality won't kick me in the ASS with another dosage of cold reality; another letdown, failure, just when I thought I am saved, BAM, right in the face, halitosis returned with a vengeance.

I am happy, torn, mixed feelings, numbed. Please let this be the answer.

Members, please keep us posted with your progress. Again, suck on the tablets, allow it to slowly dissolve in your mouth, ok.

And with side effects/overdose, if our bodies are deprived of vitamin c then high dosage is providing exactly what we have been deficient of. So the body is getting what it desperately needs.

LOOKING FORWARD TO BETTER DAYS-FOR ALL OF US.

Faithfully,

John
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic