Your Email Address:

First Name:

sugar an alcohol

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
loyd99
Junior

sugar an alcohol

Post by loyd99 »

why is it when i eat sugar an alcohol my halitosis gets really bad to the point where i cant even mask it with chewing gum? i also get the feeling of something being stuck in my throat and my nose will get pretty much fully blocked up so i cant breath out of it? can anyone explain this

Stankie

Post by Stankie »

Last edited by Stankie on Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
loyd99
Junior

Post by loyd99 »

have you got any tips for helping it heal or making the feeling go away quickly other than diet, probiotics????
Archimonde
Super Angel

Re: sugar an alcohol

Post by Archimonde »

loyd99 wrote:why is it when i eat sugar an alcohol my halitosis gets really bad to the point where i cant even mask it with chewing gum? i also get the feeling of something being stuck in my throat and my nose will get pretty much fully blocked up so i cant breath out of it? can anyone explain this
i know exactly what you're talking about, we must have the same issue. Alcohol is by far the worst, it makes my mouth *extremely* dry.

Nothing can make that feeling go away quickly, but chlorophyll (especially from blended greens) will somewhat speed up the recovery process.
loyd99
Junior

Post by loyd99 »

yeah im trying to find out what causes it and why other people are fine with it. my guess is a lack of certain enzymes or h pylori (which im hoping it is). I am going to see a top nutritionist who deals with all sorts of inflammation, environmental factors, hormone imbalances etc

no more alcohol or sugar for me for a while now which i kinda of enjoy to be honest but going to low on carbs an into ketosis can also create a kind of halitosis so i just need to make sure im eating enough starchy veg and white rice.

ive said before in previous threads that eating well an probiotics an systematic enzymes people started getting closer an not backing away no tastes in my mouth but a few heavy days drinking an eating junk im worse than ever.
i know im close to the cure i just wanna be able to drink an be social all the time
222chick
Advanced

Post by 222chick »

I'm trying to figure out why after a night of drinking my mouth feels perfect the next day. It 100% feels like I could go without brushing my teeth. No taste at all.
deebas
Advanced

Post by deebas »

If you can 'mask your bb with chewing gum', you don't have a problem, you are only starting out

I was at that stage about 4 years ago and the issue gets worse and worse every day from here on

chewing gum for me now only makes my mouth taste sour and provides no outward relief

its better to make tough diet changes now and try to limit the damage
- - ------------ [ - i stink therefore i am - ] ------------ - -
meowkity1
Super Angel

Post by meowkity1 »

I agree when you get chronic, gum actualy makes it worse. If I drink alcohol , it takes me 2-3 days to recover. Mouth gets hot dry, nasty,sticky, nose stuffy, whoe inner facce itchy and seems to be filled with a dense gas. I get a lot of reactions from far away. Same with coffee. I love coffee, but only have it about twice a month. I have to brush right after. My dream is to go on a date and order wine without worrying one once
Mac
Junior

Post by Mac »

222chick wrote:I'm trying to figure out why after a night of drinking my mouth feels perfect the next day. It 100% feels like I could go without brushing my teeth. No taste at all.
I've had the same experience. What do you drink? I'm starting to think it could have something to do with the fermentation process and the beneficial bacteria that are present as a result. Or maybe it deadens the olfactory system for a while and I can't detect any smell. In which case I'm completely barking up the wrong tree.
Phantasist
Sheriff

Post by Phantasist »

Lloyd99,

If you want to drink socially, don't drink beer or wine. Drink something like a scotch and soda WITH ICE it. All alcohol will dry your mouth, but the soda dilutes the alcohol and the ice will cause your mouth to become very cold. Cold stops the volatile sulphur compounds that are being produced by the anaerobic bacteria from being volatile. In short, the cold makes the sulphur temporarily inert.

I have proven this many times. When I sit at a bar and have a cold drink, I can talk to the person next to me without any reactions.
The hand we are dealt is fate. How we play the cards is free will.
Hussay
Total Newbie

Post by Hussay »

Alcohol drinking and smoking cause the bad breath and also bad mouth taste.
Avoid all alcohol drinks, beer, and wine and also tobacco smoking to keep your breath fresh and healthy.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic