Your Email Address:

First Name:

Antimicrobial benefit of low-pH

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
searching
Master
Post by searching »

Quote wrote:What is VSCs?
VSC's are volatile sulfur compounds, e.g. hydrogen sulfide, dimethyl sulfide, methyl mercaptan. These are foul smelling compounds that readily evaporate as one exhales. VSCs can cause the breath to be bad if the VSCs are sufficient in concentration, i.e. detectable by the human nose.
Quote wrote:As you are talking about VSCs in your digestive tract, it seems to me that you are not using it for BB type 1, right?
I use bismuth to absorb VSCs in my digestive tract, therefore, not for type 1. However, one can use chewable bismuth subsalicylate for type 1.

foxhound

Post by foxhound »

compor, thats great news. Is your regimen exactly like searching suggested? That means: morning brush with Aspirin then tooth paste then swallow one PB, evening normal brush then floss then one PB? Do you have some kind of diet, like avoiding proteine?
Searching4cure
Total Newbie

Post by Searching4cure »

Compor, what's your exact regime? special diet?
compor
Advanced
Post by compor »

Re: Missi
Thank you very much.
Yesterday at lunch I managed to have an actual conversation with a pretty lady that I have not spoken before. It's kinda sad to be feeling happy about something that "normal".

Re: foxhound
Re: Searching4cure
I just use De-nol (each tablet contains 120 mg bismuth subcitrate). Never tried aspirin. Like most of us do, I try to save protein for dinners. But I don't have a special diet. I use 1 tablet after lunch and 1 after dinner. Brush and floss inbetween. Nothing more. Not using alcohol due to possible interactions and side effects.
Missi
Total Newbie

Post by Missi »

I have used Pepto Bismol for about 10 days now and my bad breath seems to have disappeared. I'm actually quite shocked.

I've been on this page for many years and my former user name was MissPretty. I really tried everything but this tablet is the only thing that really works...
ttylxman

Post by ttylxman »

Anyone get the idea of using dissolved Pepto tablets in a sinus rinse and live to tell the tale?

Or in a water pik to irrigate tonsils
mindyb
ungrateful trash

Post by mindyb »

Updates anyone?
Missi
Total Newbie

Post by Missi »

mindyb wrote:Updates anyone?
My bad breath came back after a while =(
blessedrich
Re:

Post by blessedrich »

searching wrote:Next week marks the one-year anniversary of my use of this technique.

I’m maintaining a good result.

I just had my semi-annual, oral examination and teeth-cleaning by an oral hygienist followed by a check-up from a dentist here in the United States. No erosion, i.e. abrasion, nor corrosion, i.e. demineralization, was observed. I was congratulated by both care-givers on my hygiene due to the condition of teeth and gums.

Each morning I:
• Dissolve one (1) aspirin tablet in my mouth and brush teeth, gums and tongue with a water-dampened toothbrush.
• Rinse with water
• Brush teeth, gums and tongue using ordinary toothpaste
• Rinse with water
• Take one (1) 265mg tablet of bismuth sub-salicylate, e.g. Pepto Bismol™

Each evening I:
• Floss teeth
• Brush teeth, gums and tongue using ordinary toothpaste
• Rinse with water
• Take one (1) 265mg tablet of bismuth sub-salicylate, e.g. Pepto Bismol™

The oral-hygiene steps listed above result in a clean mouth with no persistent biofilm. The bismuth sub-salicylate sorbs excess sulfur in my digestive system and prevents, or dramatically limits, the formation of volatile sulfur compounds from entering my system and exiting as a gaseous species.

I use no mouthwash, nor any other antimicrobial agent(s) apart from those listed above. These tablets are low-cost, portable, and readily available without prescription.

If I stop the routine my breath will, within a day or two, [likely] rival the BB of a typical sufferer that frequents this site. When I again follow the routine, fresh breath is restored within hours. I believe this indicates the systemic benefit of bismuth.

I have my tonsils. My wisdom teeth were removed decades ago. I eat all types of food, cooked or raw, plain or spicy, meat, fish, fowl, eggs, dairy, vegetables, starch, cake, candy, coffee, beer, liquor, etc., i.e. nothing is off-limits.

I spend much time, up close with my wife. We have a satisfying, 30 year long, relationship. She would let me know if there was a need for improvement.

This protocol works very well for me.

Wow thank God for you!! You have been a blessing with your management techniques.

You must be a Biochemist of some sort because you seem to know your chemistry very well. This has really helped me.

The only thing I am trying to test is if this will still work if I do not swallow the Pepto Bismol after I chew it and work it in my mouth. If that works I will be set for Life!!! All I will have to do is make the routine a part of my everyday life.

I really don't care about the effect the aspirin will have on my teeth because if somebody offered to take out all my teeth to solve this problem i would have let him.
blessedrich
Re:

Post by blessedrich »

Missi wrote:
mindyb wrote:Updates anyone?
My bad breath came back after a while =(

Missi,

Did you try the entire routine?

I tried just Pepto Bismol™ and I got the same results of my BB coming back but i believe my situation was because of complication with parasites climbing up into my sinuses (very strange experience) but after I got rid of the parasites with DE and Vemox and trying this approach I think I am getting some relief with this.

Anyway it has just been 3 days so let me keep my fingers crossed.
StillHoping
Sheriff
Canada

Re: Antimicrobial benefit of low-pH

Post by StillHoping »

@blessedrich fyi searching has a more recent post about using bleach - soo I dont believe this worked for him long term
2012: Wisdoms remov
2015: Tonsils+adenoids remov
2017: TMAU1 & 2 Negative
2019: Internal biopsies normal
2019: Completed SIBO treatment
2020: DigEnzymes help but side effects
+ low fodmap/GERD diet also help
steffna
Junior

Re:

Post by steffna »

mindyb wrote:Still using both aspirin and pepto.
Aspirin raked along with the tongue scraping-
I'm almost positive this is what is working.
It is definitely cutting the odor omitted from my mouth.
hi Mindy, I know this is a very old post, but I hope this bismol+aspirin combination has helped you. I wanted to ask you: do you also have chronic mucus-phlegm in the back of the throat ( where the smell comes from ) that you just can't swallow ( it basically sits there 24/7 ) and/or hiatal hernia? I'd like to give bismol+aspirin a try but I'm not sure if it works for all types of halitosis. Also, I have body odor and was wondering if this method could affect it in a positive way.
in the mean time I will order pepto online. Thank you
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic