Your Email Address:

First Name:

Antimicrobial benefit of low-pH

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
compor
Advanced
Post by compor »

Re: searching

Today I will buy bismuth chewing tablets and start using once a day. Fingers crossed.

Should I take it on empty stomach or full?

searching
Master
Post by searching »

compor wrote:Today I will buy bismuth chewing tablets and start using once a day. Should I take it on empty stomach or full?
I've taken the tablets on either an empty, or full stomach, with good results.

Best wishes to you for success.
ruch
Sheriff

Post by ruch »

I tried using the bismuth today (morning) and also last night before bed but it didn't really work for me. I will keep trying though to see...
compor
Advanced
Post by compor »

I took 1 last night before bed. Normally I can smell myself easily by covering my mouth and breathing out, but amazingly not today. I am not sure if it completely disappeared but definitely reduced to a reasonable level. Gonna test it on colleagues :P
bluejacker72
Total Newbie

Post by bluejacker72 »

As I read over the internet, bismuth sub-salicylate has some serious and major side effects.

Dont you think consuming it daily is f*****g dangerous ?
searching
Master
Post by searching »

bluejacker72 wrote:As I read over the internet, bismuth sub-salicylate has some serious and major side effects. Dont you think consuming it daily is f*****g dangerous ?
Yes, it may be dangerous and ill-advised.

This protocol should not be practiced for a prolonged period without first obtaining professional, medical advice.

I am reporting what I have done for a large-percentage of days since 2008, using myself as the subject.

Please note:
• Devrom™, i.e. 200mg/tablet of bismuth sub-gallate, is a product on the market for 50 years, used by ostomy patients to reduce, or eliminate, odor from flatulence and waste collected in ostomy bags, i.e. a long-term condition, managed with a bismuth compound.
• The manufacturer suggests no more than 8 tablets per day.
• The Devrom™ website is seen here.
• Devrom™ is described in a Wikipedia article seen here.
• Bismuth sub-gallate may be less a blood thinner versus bismuth sub-salicylate for those predisposed to bleeding disorders.
compor
Advanced
Post by compor »

Update

Let me make a list of pros and cons of using Bismuth Subsalicylate:

Pros
- It definitely blocks (or consumes) most of my bad breath. I made a very simple "block your mouth with hand and breath" test, right before and after taking this drug. Before: I feel like 8/10, after: 2/10. Normally I never speak to people while looking at their faces, and I get serious reactions even while doing so, especially from female colleagues. Yesterday I almost got no reactions. At one time, I was trying to explain something to a woman. She was pretty close, like 30 cm, and I was talking. She did nothing.
- I have bowel movements at most once a day, usually once every 2 days. After this drug, it's twice a day (although severe constipation is one of the side effects).

Cons
- Black tongue (I really don't care about it).
- A slight discomfort in the stomach starts right after I take this medicine, happens both with full stomach and empty. It's not nausea, more like indigestion after a heavy meal, feels unusual.
- Slight headache (not sure if it's related to bismuth).

searching might not be experiencing these side effects but I do. Anyway, I decided to stop with this experiment, even though it stops my bad breath. The discomfort I feel in my stomach is like my body telling me to stop. But still, I might use it on friend/family meetings once every few months, don't think it will be a problem.

Also, I'm wondering if GI doc might figure something out if I tell him that bismuth subsalicylate cures my bad breath. Who knows?
yarahe

Post by yarahe »

compor wrote:Update

Let me make a list of pros and cons of using Bismuth Subsalicylate:

Pros
- It definitely blocks (or consumes) most of my bad breath. I made a very simple "block your mouth with hand and breath" test, right before and after taking this drug. Before: I feel like 8/10, after: 2/10. Normally I never speak to people while looking at their faces, and I get serious reactions even while doing so, especially from female colleagues. Yesterday I almost got no reactions. At one time, I was trying to explain something to a woman. She was pretty close, like 30 cm, and I was talking. She did nothing.
- I have bowel movements at most once a day, usually once every 2 days. After this drug, it's twice a day (although severe constipation is one of the side effects).

Cons
- Black tongue (I really don't care about it).
- A slight discomfort in the stomach starts right after I take this medicine, happens both with full stomach and empty. It's not nausea, more like indigestion after a heavy meal, feels unusual.
- Slight headache (not sure if it's related to bismuth).

searching might not be experiencing these side effects but I do. Anyway, I decided to stop with this experiment, even though it stops my bad breath. The discomfort I feel in my stomach is like my body telling me to stop. But still, I might use it on friend/family meetings once every few months, don't think it will be a problem.

Also, I'm wondering if GI doc might figure something out if I tell him that bismuth subsalicylate cures my bad breath. Who knows?
Do you use the chewebale tablets?
compor
Advanced
Post by compor »

Re: yarahe

Yes
alwayshoping

:(

Post by alwayshoping »

Have been brushing with aspirin now for almost 2 weeks and no change for me :(
First couple of days I thought it was working… then went down hill.

I was so hoping this was it !!!

But anyway, can anyone shed any light on what I now know my BB ISNT caused by?? (because it doesn't work for me).

FYI - I am still going to keep doing it for a little longer just incase AND also have Pepto Bismul on it's way in the mail to try as well.

XOXO
searching
Master
Re: :(

Post by searching »

alwayshoping wrote:Have been brushing with aspirin now for almost 2 weeks and no change for me.
When I test buffered aspirin, I find it is not effective in eliminating BB. I use a generic, non-buffered type. Note: This may be damaging to tooth enamel.

Many brands of aspirin, e.g. acetylsalicylic acid tablets, are buffered to produce a pH nearer to neutral versus non-buffered acetylsalicylic acid. The buffering, i.e. derivatized aspirin with magnesium oxide MgO or calcium carbonate CaCO3, is designed to mitigate harsh effect on stomach lining. Safe for enamel; however, the decreased acidity does not affect the oral biofilm nor reduce BB.
mindyb
ungrateful trash

Post by mindyb »

@searching
Apologies if already discussed...
Do you drink coffee in the morning? I know it's acidic, not sure how it would play into this routine.

Have you had wine or alcohol
With still good results from your breath?

Since 2008 you've been having good results, that's fantastic

\:D/
alwayshoping

Re: :(

Post by alwayshoping »

searching wrote:
alwayshoping wrote:Have been brushing with aspirin now for almost 2 weeks and no change for me.
When I test buffered aspirin, I find it is not effective in eliminating BB. I use a generic, non-buffered type. Note: This may be damaging to tooth enamel.

Many brands of aspirin, e.g. acetylsalicylic acid tablets, are buffered to produce a pH nearer to neutral versus non-buffered acetylsalicylic acid. The buffering, i.e. derivatized aspirin with magnesium oxide MgO or calcium carbonate CaCO3, is designed to mitigate harsh effect on stomach lining. Safe for enamel; however, the decreased acidity does not affect the oral biofilm nor reduce BB.
Thanks searching… that is what I thought I was using - but now you have made me second guess. I have been using Dispirin MAX which the pharmacist said ISNT COATED.. which to me meant non-buffered. I am from Australia., here is a link to the product, maybe you could see what you think? http://www.chemistwarehouse.com.au/product.asp?id=3524

Much appreciated. Dying for this to work! :D
foxhound

Post by foxhound »

Im also looking forward to start Aspirin + PB, but I want to do everything right. Searching can you tell how big the Asprin tablet should be, 100mg, 200mg, or 500 mg? Can you tell if this German "Bayer" brand is buffered or not?

http://www.medpex.de/aspirin-p3806873?g ... wA7w#ai300
searching
Master
Post by searching »

mindyb wrote:Do you drink coffee in the morning?
Have you had wine or alcohol, with still good results from your breath?
Yes, this method works well for me; and, I drink coffee throughout the day. I also drink wine and other alcohol containing beverages.
Last edited by searching on Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic