Your Email Address:

First Name:

vitamin d3 and reduced salivary flow

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
pagmic2
Advanced

vitamin d3 and reduced salivary flow

Post by pagmic2 »

I went to doctor for tiredness and he tested my vitamin d3. The medical world says it should be 30, and my level was 20. I just searched Google for the key words "salivary" "flow" "function" "vitamin d" and it looks like it might be related. A mouth without good saliva flow is like a moist trash bin. May Christ show us the answer quickly, Mike

kuanyewtan
Total Newbie

Post by kuanyewtan »

Try supplementing with Vitamin D3 (either via beach or capsules). (Sunlight can increase natural production of Vitamin D3.) It's strange how lethargy can occur simultaneously with bad breath. Anyway, it seems that without Vitamin D3, the rate of fluid flow (to produce saliva) has decreased as it affects the main epithelial (cells lining the glands) and myoepithelial cells (cells which contract to expel glandular fluids).

How is your water intake, if I may ask?

Reference
http://www.unc.edu/~stumpfwe/bio/vitami ... b-2007.doc
Mangoes123

Post by Mangoes123 »

wow guyss ive had vit d3 defifincy too as ive been prescribed 10,000 IU and my level was wooping 7 when it shud be between 50 - 100 and i am alzo iron defiencent no wonder i hve dry mouth

just realises it takes LONG TIME to work soo ill kee u updated
Mangoes123

Post by Mangoes123 »

wow guyss ive had vit d3 defifincy too as ive been prescribed 10,000 IU and my level was wooping 7 when it shud be between 50 - 100 and i am alzo iron defiencent no wonder i hve dry mouth

just realises it takes LONG TIME to work soo ill kee u updated
Archimonde
Super Angel

Post by Archimonde »

So it seems some of us share another symptom - Vit 3 deficiency ? Interesting. I have no idea what my level is but I'll go get a bottle of Vit D today.

It's probably just another symptom, not the cause of BB.

Who else has Vit D3 deficiency?
Mangoes123

Post by Mangoes123 »

Archimonde wrote:So it seems some of us share another symptom - Vit 3 deficiency ? Interesting. I have no idea what my level is but I'll go get a bottle of Vit D today.

It's probably just another symptom, not the cause of BB.

Who else has Vit D3 deficiency?
Yeah i think we should a mega thread informing the halitosis sufferer on it.. maybe this issue may be correlated if its not the cause.
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

I stickied another VitD thread created by pagmic2 about VitD deficiency back in Feb 2014 because it is really important to ensure that this is ruled out as either a potential cause of your BB or a related symptom to some underlying cause of your BB.

I'll sticky this thread too.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic