Your Email Address:

First Name:

Lactose intolerant -> Almond Milk; getting much better

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
Carri

Lactose intolerant -> Almond Milk; getting much better

Post by Carri »

Hello everyone.

To give a brief background Introduction :

I am of middle eastern origin. I became lactose intolerant by drinking too much milk, it was part of a diet (GOMAD) to take muscle mass quicker. I learned that too much is never good. I was drinkin 2-3 L per day. One night coming back from work I though my stomach was going to explose, my ears too, there was so much pressure from I don't know what.

I started getting reaction from this point on. It might not be related but from as far back as I remember I never had chronic BB problem. I started getting mouthwash to work, brushed 5-6 times to no avail. I believe that dairy products gives me bad breath. I had my wisdom teeth (all 4) extracted too, it didn't solve the problem. I told my BB problem to a doctor he told me to eat apples and probiotic yogurt for a while, he tought it might be stomach related. Didn't solve the problem. I changed doctor who told me I should get tested for H. Pylori. I was tested for moderate level of H. pylori bacteria, the doctor gave me the treatment anyway. Those antibiotics are so bad btw, after 1 week I wanted to collapse. I started taking fibers supplement and nothing. I also tried some liquid drops against acidic reflux.

All of these in the span of 2-3 years. I was testing my bad breath with a spoon or finger to the back of the throat, fesces smell was there. In the morning my breath was particularly bad.

Recently I tried to cut back on meat. So I went from 10-12 times a week to 3 times a week eating meet. In the process a vegan friend told me to try almond milk, and this is where I think I'm on a turning point. I'm drinking 3 full glass everyday. The brand that I buy is called earth's own (can we advertise here?). The interesting part is the nutritional facts :

Vitamin A (10%)
Calcium (30%)
Iron (2%)
Vitamin D (45%)
Riboflavine (25%)
Vitamin B12 (50%)
Phosphorus (15%)
Magnesium (4%)
Zinc (10%)

per 250 ml, the % are recommended daily values.

I'm feeling much much better since a month now. List of things I have found that are improving:

-Same breath in the morning, normal breath, smells a little but nothing bad.
-No feces smell from the spoon test for a while now
-Clearer throat while speaking, more saliva too. I still have the fear but somehow the 'trigger' is there, if I have to spoke tom someone very closely I will not try to change the air passage from my mouth.
-When I run on the treadmill I strongly breath out from the mouth without fearing any bad breath going to my neighbours.
-no more bloating. Before this new addition I was bloating after every meal, not anymore.

So this might be a placebo effect, maybe my BB was never as much a problem as I knew. I still keep a very good hygiene for my teeth (gargle in the morning when waking up before eating breakfast, brush 3-4 times, floss 2 times) and this is the longest run I have been on. I'm considering recontacting some old acquaintances that I was avoiding due to my fears.

We had a meeting yesterday and today and I had the occasion to be in close groups in both cases. I do not remember triggering any reactions but most importantly when I was speaking to someone I had less and less reflex to step back, turn my head or hold my breath while talking. I also do not chew gums all the time. Maybe when there is a boss meeting like yesterday, but I'm feeling more confident as the days pass by.

I don't know if this is a cure, but since I have been feeling better for many weeks now I wanted to share. I think there is a thread about Vitamin D supplementation on the very first page, they might be linked.

I hope this helps!

halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Thanks for sharing this information.
There have been several similar posts and it's important that nobody misses them, so I've stickied this one and a couple of others.
Good luck and hope this continues to help you and anyone else who tries it.
Faith

Post by Faith »

Have you given up all dairy or just milk? Also, what type of meat are you still eating? I'm thinking of eating more plant based food but with seafood once in a while. Would love any opinions on anyone who is or has gone on a similar diet.
Carri

Post by Carri »

Just milk, I eat cheese from time to time. A lot of yogurt too. But I really feel that it is all the extra supplements inside the almond milk that is helping me!

I felt very good today, I spent 2h with a lady we were on the bus and metro. I was a bit scared but I got no reaction from her.
Faith

Post by Faith »

I'm so happy for you Carri :)
moonlight87

Post by moonlight87 »

Carri you could also try organic almond pasta, dissolve one table spoon in hot water and add a little vanilla and a little cane sugar.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic