Your Email Address:

First Name:

Something to share

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
Atrial
Advanced

Post by Atrial »

"Let us be very careful not to fall into the trap of the world. The world views things only relative to man and to self. The Word of God views things relative to the Father, Son, and Spirit. Mankind is not the center of all things. No matter how great anyone's name might become, it is still far behind His. Our name comes from His life the name of our Lord comes from the resurrection--the event unique to Him. The world has a problem it seeks to honor, uphold, exonerate and generally praise itself. Our place and the place of the entire world system is to praise and exalt God. When people of the Bible caught a glimpse of Him, their lives were changed. Perhaps our lives remain stagnate because we do not spend enough time looking at Him."

NOTANYMORE
Master

Post by NOTANYMORE »

I have been temporarily cured before so this is not a big deal to me. In fact, I keep waiting to wake up and smell shit or get a reaction from my family. So please excuse my inability to simply ignore severe nausea and just go about my daily routine with a huge smile on my face, In all honesty I am happy right now. The problem is that I have lived with this for so long that I can't help but to be cautious so I don't get super depressed if the halitosis returns.

And Atrial, I could care less if you believe any single word I say. Like I said before, go start your own thread if you have all the answers.
NOTANYMORE
Master

Post by NOTANYMORE »

Still doing good. I just woke up after sleeping all day (been working graveyards) and taking melatonin to help sleep better. before I would get serious room filling fecal breath when taking melatonin because it dries me out so much. Now, I can sense the dryness but I can't detect any oral or nasal odor.

Also, the pnd ramped up maybe 20% the last couple of days. I decided to try an experiment and take some zyrtec for allergy relief. Amazingly, it not only reduced the pnd but stopped it all together. This tells me that there is also an allergy component to my problem as well. It makes sense too because my daughter and some people at work are having allergy problems at the moment as well.

Please ignore the troll (Atrial) in this thread. I have been honest when my attempts have failed (tonsilectomy, fundoplication, etc,etc) and will continue to be so going forward. I believe there is educational value in failed cure attempts and there is a satisfaction that comes with being engaged and proactive.
Atrial
Advanced

Post by Atrial »

Halitosux you are great. I love you.

Notanymore if you are really cured good for you.
Just make sure it's not placebo or not talking to enough people to find out the truth.
NOTANYMORE
Master

Post by NOTANYMORE »

someone asked if it was just this last surgery or a combination of all surgeries that has helped me. My answer is that the tonsilectomy and balloon sinuplasty are worth getting done for halitosis. The fundoplication didn't make any difference in my breath but I no longer get an acid taste in my mouth or regurgitate food. I also reduced my chances of getting esophageal cancer so it was worth it for that alone.

Some may disagree with the tonsilectomy but those infected crypts were nasty and I am glad not to have to worry about those anymore.

Also, still no halitosis... :D
feelitagain

Post by feelitagain »

Are you still bb free? How does it feel to breathe out fresh air..That feeling is so ancient to me
NOTANYMORE
Master

Post by NOTANYMORE »

feelitagain wrote:Are you still bb free? How does it feel to breathe out fresh air..That feeling is so ancient to me
No halitosis but I still get PND sometimes. It is no longer chronic or sticky. It's weird but I keep waiting to wake up with that shit smell in my nose....lol. Enjoying life at the moment and hoping everyone here has success in finding a cure.
NOTANYMORE
Master

Post by NOTANYMORE »

My last update.....

It has been two months since the balloon sinuplasty and I am still halitosis free. The pnd is transient (comes and goes) and very mild compared to before. I assume this is an allergy to the environment or perhaps something I eat because my daughter, mother, and nephews all have PND from time to time even though we are not sick. I was the only one with the foul stench and the only one who couldn't breath clearly through both nostrils.

My problem was related to drainage, stagnation and infection. Sinus infections are common and usualy resolve on their own. This happens because your body attempts to remove the infection by draining. However, if the infection is unable to drain it will become prurulent and perhaps even form an abscess.

The solution is painfully simple. Re-open clogged spaces and treat again with steroids and antibiotics. In my case this was acheived with ballon sinuplasty, oral steroids and azythromycin.

If your symptoms are similar to mine (fecal type nasal odor and chronic, thick PND) then do a simple test. Push on one nostril to block it off. Breath in and out through the other nostril. If you hear that snotty sound and the air doesn't pass cleanly then you have a blockage. If you do this every day and it never changes then you have chronic blockage. If you use a netipot and blow your nose and see green snot, even if it's just a little, then you almost certainly have an infection. If you fit this desription, you should see an ENT who performs the balloon sinuplasty.

Most questions have been answered if you bother to read the last couple of pages so please don't bother messaging me because this is my last post. This problem has taken over my life for too long and it is now time to move on. I sincerely hope everyone finds their cure.

Take care,
NOTANYMORE

P.S. No, you don't have TMAU!
sun123

Post by sun123 »

To NOTANYMORE,

Which sinus openings did the surgeon address/operate on? (There are 4 different sinuses we have on each side)

Your answer to this question will be greatly appreciated.

Thank You
ThinkPositive
Junior

Post by ThinkPositive »

It was most likely the upper sinuses if you google the procedure that where ENts drain out the mucus from. I thought u had a tonsillectomy were there no improvements
sun123

Post by sun123 »

There was a notable improvement after tonsillectomy (palatines), however I still have a issue.

My next step will possibly be to try get a balloon sinuplasty or sinus surgery of some sort like FESS. Its just very difficult finding a doctor willing to operate when you tell them your reason you want the surgery is because you feel you have bad breath and it will hopefully help in resolving this problem.
Not to mention so expensive just to see a doctor/surgeon and get operated on.

I know balloon sinuplasty can be operated for 3 out of the 4 sinuses. So if balloon siinuplasty did not work assuming they operated on all 3 sinuses then the next step for me would be to get FESS on the remaining unoperated sinus, if possible.

Just so expensive especially when one does not even have any savings :(
ThinkPositive
Junior

Post by ThinkPositive »

oh. i am too thinking about balloon sinuplasty. the fecal smell comes from right within my nostrils if i sniff hard enough and thoroughly clean my mouth i can smell. but for now im gonna book for a tonsillectomy and adenoictemy my ENT appt is on the 16th
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic