Your Email Address:

First Name:

TMAU testing

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
MrChips
Advanced

TMAU testing

Post by MrChips »

Ok, just to let ya'll know. Im getting tested for TMAU. I have got the ball rolling. Yesterday, I ate salmon sandwiches, eggs, baked beans. I had a few beers with a big bag of salted peanuts. Lol, stuff iv not eaten in a long time! Cant remember the last time I had an egg.
I woke up this morning and I could definitely smell a whiff in the bedroom, it was not a breathy smell, was more like mild salty garbage.
Anyway im taking my 24hr urine samples now and take it down to the hospital tomorrow.
I will keep you all informed on this topic on this subject.
Fingers crossed I have got TMAU, and then I can eat the propr diet and take the antibiotics \:D/

ItsgoingtobeOK

Post by ItsgoingtobeOK »

Sounds cool.

I am also looking to see how can I get tested for TMAU? Do I have to go straight to a hospital with the Dr.'s prescription or any lab can do it?

Read This about TMAU last night and got my finger's crossed.
---------------------------------------------

smile
published 8 months ago
Originally written in English

TMAU Cure : zinc and kelp together- 30 year + bad smell

Flagyl did not work, nor metro gel or low ph soaps,, but this worked for me and I also take organic coconut oil.

Started taking kelp tablets and zinc tablets and to my surprise the smell is totally gone, I can eat fish or any food with no side effects. First time in over 30 years. I also take a teaspoon of organic coconut oil a day and so far its been about 3 weeks with awesome results.

I take 2 kelp and 1 zinc tablet daily and this worked for me. No bad breath or funny smells, try it for a week and don't give up.

Kelp refers to several species of large, brown algae that can grow to enormous sizes far out in the depths of the ocean. Kelp is a type of seaweed, but not all seaweed is kelp: "seaweed" loosely describes any type of vegetation growing in the ocean, including many other types of algae and plants. Kelp is a regular part of a normal human diet in many parts of the world, such as Japan, Alaska, and Hawaii. It is also incorporated into some vitamin and mineral supplements because of its nutrient value. Kelp is a good source of folic acid (a B vitamin), as well as many other vitamins and minerals—especially iodine ;

Zinc is so important because it is found in every tissue in the body and is directly involved in cell division. It is a powerful antioxidant, helping to prevent cancer, but zinc also is directly involved in proper endocrine function and the maintenance of ideal hormone levels.

Zinc deficiency makes both men and women infertile and causes low libido. Low zinc also exacerbates the effects of stress on the body and accelerates aging. Additionally, adequate zinc is necessary for optimal physical performance, energy levels, and body composition. Zinc affects protein synthesis and is required for proper function of red and white blood cells. It is highly concentrated in our bones, the pancreas, kidneys, liver, and retina.

Kelp and zinc don't interact. Zinc and copper interact and large amounts of zinc can lead to preferential absorption of zinc at the expense of copper so zinc and copper together is better than zinc alone.

Be ready because your hair will grow like crazy.
MrChips
Advanced

Post by MrChips »

I went to the Doctor, and explained to her I think I might have Tmau. So she organised a 24hr urine test for me. It was very easy for me, she was more than willing to help out, even tho she said I smelt fine. My advice is to the Doctor. Im.from UK, not sure how it would work in other countries tho.
MrChips
Advanced

Post by MrChips »

Update: I got a phone call this evening from the Doctors receptionist. My Doctor wants me to see her to discuss the results? Im not sure what to expect. I wonder why she has taken it upon herself to contact me for a discussion.
My appointment is early tomorrow morning, so I shall let you know what happens.
Im hoping that I do actually have TMAU. Then I will know whats wrong with me and I can then find out how to solve this problem [-o<
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Good luck... try to get get as much info as you can, results printouts etc.
I wonder how many people get told a simple yes or a no, when there's no such thing as a yes or a no because there's not just one cause that can lead to levels of TMA going above the threshold that starts causing problems with odours.

People think of TMAU as that "fish odour thing" - which it is in some cases, and it's these severe cases that doctors are probably mostly interested in dealing with. But it's also the lower levels of TMA in the blood, associated with having "secondary TMAU" or the "acquired" type of TMAU that might be the cause of so many people's BB suffering.
MrChips
Advanced

Post by MrChips »

Yes, good idea. I will get a printout and upload it here.
FedUp
God

Post by FedUp »

Maybe a strange/horrible thing to say but I hope you have it, whilst incurable is definitely controllable with the right steps.
Tonsillectomy - Check
Sinus CT Scan - All Clear - Check
Dentist Examination - "Gums very good" - Check
Endoscopy - Check - H Pylori Negative
Post nasal space cyst removed - Check
Wisdom Teeth Extraction - Check
Mouth Swab Clear - Check
MrChips
Advanced

Post by MrChips »

Update:
I went to the Doctor this morning. I have been officially diagnosed with 'Secondary TMAU'. I asked for a printout of the reults, but there were no results to printout, just the diagnosis of Secondary TMAU...

I have been prescribed antibiotics: 400mg of 'Metronidazole' - '3 pills' a day for '2 weeks'. (No alcohol to be had during the course of the treatment otherwise I will 'vomit')

After the 2 weeks of antibiotics, I am to take '2 months' worth of 'Probiotics'. The Doctor will let me know which probiotics I am to take when she calls me next week.

In the 10 weeks of treatment, im to cut out seafood, red meats and keep to a low choline diet.

After these 10 weeks im to take another urine test.

Hopefully this is my cure. I guess only time will tell....
jamesmcavoy

Post by jamesmcavoy »

I gave up on mental pain.
Gud bye to all .
FedUp
God

Post by FedUp »

MrChips wrote:Update:
I went to the Doctor this morning. I have been officially diagnosed with 'Secondary TMAU'. I asked for a printout of the reults, but there were no results to printout, just the diagnosis of Secondary TMAU...

I have been prescribed antibiotics: 400mg of 'Metronidazole' - '3 pills' a day for '2 weeks'. (No alcohol to be had during the course of the treatment otherwise I will 'vomit')

After the 2 weeks of antibiotics, I am to take '2 months' worth of 'Probiotics'. The Doctor will let me know which probiotics I am to take when she calls me next week.

In the 10 weeks of treatment, im to cut out seafood, red meats and keep to a low choline diet.

After these 10 weeks im to take another urine test.

Hopefully this is my cure. I guess only time will tell....
fingers crossed for you.

just curious, is it just BB you suffer from? and do you get post nasal drip at all?
Tonsillectomy - Check
Mouth Swab Clear - Check
MrChips
Advanced

Post by MrChips »

As far as I know its just bad breath/nasal odour.
No I don't suffer from post nasal drip. Never have done.

Iv suffered badly for 15 years now, each and every day. Iv tried everything. This has to be my cure.

Fedup: Have you been tested for TMAU?
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

"Congrats" to you Mr. Chips. I'm glad to know that your test wasn't just to check for the more extreme form of TMAU. Secondary TMAU apparently affects 1 in 100 people! Maybe not every one of those affected will suffer with odour, in the same way that some people who eat garlic will have the smell coming out of their body for many hours later, and others will have nothing at all. There are so many factors going on that ultimately determine if we'll smell or not from what's going on systemically in our body. I really hope that this will lead you to becoming free from this horrible nightmare. Please keep updating us on every step you take. I'll sticky this thread.

Could you please remind us of your story, such as whether you had tonsil stones, whether you had odour from your tongue and how bad it was, whether you had odour from other parts of your body etc. Did you have other medical conditions or illnesses that ever required drugs or antibiotics etc. Thanks.
FedUp
God

Post by FedUp »

MrChips wrote:As far as I know its just bad breath/nasal odour.
No I don't suffer from post nasal drip. Never have done.

Iv suffered badly for 15 years now, each and every day. Iv tried everything. This has to be my cure.

Fedup: Have you been tested for TMAU?
I have suffered from tonsil stones in the past, still have a few small ones even after tonsillectomy. I do have PND confirmed from ENT doctor (who has said he will perform endo sinus surgery.

After reading your story I am inspired to get tested for TMAU. I think given my case it's unlikely I have it, I have been complimented at times for how nice I smell even when i've still been eating junk food for days. Maybe I'm in denial?? And at one stage I went on a diet dropped a few pounds and still had the smell with me. taken al-sorts of medications and still had the smell with me.

When my mouth is plugged with drip and I speak, it's like the feces smell (very strong) just expels into the atmosphere.

But I'm happy for you in a wierd way, now you can put this nightmare behind you. At least knowing what you have it may suck not being able to eat certain foods but you can go out without knowing you reak anymore and that to me is priceless, social interaction, being included in activities without fear of offending people who just think you're a piece of dirt who doesn't wash- if only they knew the truth.
Tonsillectomy - Check
Mouth Swab Clear - Check
MrChips
Advanced

Post by MrChips »

Recap of my story:
Bad oral hygiene as a child up until my teens, I subsequently suffered bad breath. At the end of my teens my oral hygiene improved a lot but still had bad breath. It was then that I noticed I was suffering from nasal odour too. My nasal odour is that severe, on bad days it can fill up a bus.
Iv overheard that it smells fecal, sewage, snotty and even urine.
As far as I am aware my body or sweat doesn't smell.

Iv tried different cures but nothing has worked
*Tonsillectomy,
*Wisdom teeth removal
*HPylori test negative
*Liver and kidney function tests negative
*Diabetes negative
*Nasal irrigation
*various other methods

The only thing that really helped was going on the raw food diet, but I found that very difficult and lasted about 2 months.

I don't suffer Post nasal drip, I did have tonsil stones before the tonsillectomy.

I never thought I would have TMAU. This is why I left it as the last resort. But now thinking about it, it does seem to make sense. I just wish I had been tested earlier.

I don't regret having the bad breath, even though its been torture. It was meant to be and that's that. I will appreciate life a lot more now. (im talking like I have been cured, I know, its wishful thinking)

I'll keep the updates coming,.I intend to keep on this site to help others whether im cured or not. :)
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Thanks for this good information.
It's really interesting that you had tonsil stones, although even people without any BB can have tonsil stones too, so it might just be a coincidental thing that BB sufferers happen to notice and associate with their BB cos the stones stink of shit.

It's also very interesting that you only suffer with BB and not any BO as far as you're aware.

Can you please describe what kind of tongue odour you had, if any.
Does your urine smell different?

Yes, please keep the updates coming and best of luck with your treatment plan.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic