Your Email Address:

First Name:

TMAU testing

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
Cres
Junior

Post by Cres »

"Dear xxxxxxx,
Thank you for your email.
Does your odour come and go? If so your results do indicate mild TMAU."

There it is. I have TMAU. To be honest I'm not really surprised. I'm still not clear whether it's primary or secondary. Results tell me it should be primary TMAU but isn't it genetic? Nobody else in my family has anything like this.

Now I don't know what to do. Diet changes? Metronidazole?

• Fecal halitosis since age 12
• TMAU negative
• Still looking for cure
• Feel free to contact me for anything
ThinkPositive
Junior

Post by ThinkPositive »

There's malory on this forum and also on rare connect there's a forum solemnly for tmau. You can look into things there. From reading and researching about it I know that you have to eat very clean and things that you could try are kombucha, black tea and liver cleanse or liver supplements. Good luck!!
Atrial
Advanced

Post by Atrial »

Cress can you post your test results
Last edited by Atrial on Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sun123

Post by sun123 »

To Mr Chips,

I feel my condition is very similar to yours… bad breath/nasal odour (even though I can't really smell it myself at most times)…but for yours years I have seen the reactions of people to know I have a problem.

I am in the process of getting tested for tmau.

In the past over a span of few years I have had metronidazole and it has helped a lot. The first time I had it after visiting a dentist for a procedure who gave me metronidazole to take for a week I think, and I noticed that it improved my condition greatly but as soon as I stopped taking it the problem came back. Many months afterwards I got another course of metronidazole and the same thing happened, my problem improved vastly whilst I was taking them but as soon as I stopped it came back. I have tried it one more time since then and the same thing has happened. But i was very hesitant for taking them for over 10 days as taking antibiotics for long is not good for the body.

Have you ever considered to have lingual tonsil surgery or get them checked by a doctor?
I have had my palatines mostly removed which did help a bit but am still suffering from bb/nasal odour. Just because one has tmau it does not necessarily rule out that one is suffering bb issues from another source too.
MrChips
Advanced

Post by MrChips »

Hi All, Just an update.... Iv not been on here for a while...

Sun123, iv not considered lingual tonsil surgery. I had my tonsils removed 7 or 8 years ago hoping to cure me.. It didn't. I know now, what my problem is. My halitosis is not dental/oral related - Iv been diagnosed with TMAU2 (secondary TMAU). Not only my diagnosis but, all my little tests have confirmed this for me.

Update on this year::
Iv pretty much still got halitosis because iv not done very well at keeping to a low choline diet. Iv kept out the major danger foods (fish, eggs, spinach, cabbage, nuts etc etc, but not really been keeping much of a check on my choline intake... Still enjoying my pizzas, curries, beer and stuff hehe) Although iv still got halitosis, its not nearly as bad as it was, now iv cut out the major danger foods!
Also at the grand age of 33 i began smoking, this has appeared to make my breath smell worse, im quitting 100% January 1st though. I have to
:lol:

One thing I have found out is:: Look After Your Liver!

Some tips that have helped me this year.....

I chop a lemon into very small pea-sized bits, pop onto my tongue and knock back with water. First thing each morning.
I do the same with a lime too last thing at night.

Dont smoke.

Cut back on alcohol (especially beer)

Eat blueberries daily.

Drink plenty of water.

Vitamin complex B pill in the morning,,, Riboflavin pill at night

Sweat daily, do whatever to make yourself sweat.

.....on top of this just keep to a low a choline diet as much as possible. Its very difficult but can be done. Allow a few treats here and there.... If i do eat any 'bad foods',, knock back some charcoal capsules 5 minutes after eating.

"Im not an expert on TMAU, these are just a few things that have helped me personally"
somethinstinks
Advanced

Post by somethinstinks »

there is a TMAU chat room on the GROUPME app. It has a lot of members. If you would like to be added get the app and message me your username,

btw, its not my room or anything and I dont even know if i have tmau, but it can be a helpful room
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic