Your Email Address:

First Name:

What Cured My Halitosis/Bad Breath - Tonsils and Adenoids - BEWARE SIDE EFFECTS, CHOKING ON LIQUIDS, 9YEARS SCAM????

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
9YearsToFindCure
Junior

What Cured My Halitosis/Bad Breath - Tonsils and Adenoids - BEWARE SIDE EFFECTS, CHOKING ON LIQUIDS, 9YEARS SCAM????

Post by 9YearsToFindCure »

This is Jimi Stein, just putting a note here, so you will really think about it going to this surgeon that 9 years mentioned it here, Larian or something like this. 9years was very fishy, scammy guy, he worked as a merketer in an office of oral surgeon, I think he still does. His story did not seem real to me....For Surgeon it is a money day, when you have to pay him 10000 usd per surgery.....and I suspect this is what was going on, they wanted to profit from us, dont forget....9years does marketing for oral surgeon as a living....he might never had a bad breath at all.....he said this was the ultimate cure for all bad breath sufferers....sadly it was not...the people here were so scammed, they went to the same surgeon in Cali, Larian, that charged them 10000 usd for surgery.....and the result was.....bad breath was not gone, it got even worse......now the members fro our board claim they choke on liquids and are sad about doing the surgery from the start.....members are Jess and few others...BEWARE people can be monsters...when the money is the question....10000 usd is a lot of money.....

I know how most of you are suffering and I want to share my story because I believe it may contain the answer for many of you.

I had braces in my mid twenties and once they came off in 2005, I started having bad breath, PND, white tongue and discovered that I had tonsil stones. I saw my ENT and he said the only way to resolve this problem was a tonsillectomy. I had the operation performed within weeks of finding out and went through the 10 days of excruciating pain, which is what it takes to recover from this surgery as an adult. A month or so after the surgery the tonsil stones were gone, but my wife told me that the halitosis was still there. I was devastated. I went back to the ENT but he had no answers. Since then, I've tried everything from diet, Therabreath, nasal sprays, nasal steroids, H. Pylori test is clear, tongue scrapers, mouth washes, multiple ENTs, you name it and I've done it. Needless to say, it was hard to live like this. I had almost accepted that I would have halitosis for life, but I'm not the type to give up so in 2014, with a renewed fervor to find myself a cure to this miserable state, I finally did. It is the ****ing "Adenoids". In 2005, I had even asked my original ENT if I should have them out and he said no. He had said they shrink down to almost nothing as an adult and he didn't see any inflammation in them. It's complete bullshit and he was dead wrong. The inflammation and tonsil stone smelling, nasty bacteria infested tissue is under the adenoids. They are a type of tonsil too (pharyngeal tonsils) and have their own tiny tonsil stones that are undetectable without a CT and have no clinical symptoms. I found another new ENT and he was willing to remove them for me. The surgery and recovery was painless. After the surgery, my cauterized adenoids crusted off and my bad breath was gone, just like that. Bottom line, if you have halitosis and any kind of tonsil stones, insist on getting your tonsils and adenoids removed. If your ENT won't do it, then tell him to ***k off and find one that will. It saved my life!

If you want to talk or have a question for me, feel free to reach out.

Here are the links that pointed me in the direction of my cure. But the decision to have the 2nd surgery was mine alone and done on faith because I had a sense that the smell, white tongue, and PND were coming from the adenoid region.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17372553

viewtopic.php?t=2770

halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Congrats on finding your cure. I've stickied this thread.
May I ask you, when you had your palatine tonsils removed and you still had your adenoids in place, did you still ever get any tonsil stones?
Did you have any other symptoms that then cleared after the adenoids were removed, such as post nasal drip or congestion etc?
Thanks in advance for any reply.
Jimi Stein
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by Jimi Stein »

yes this post should be sticky post. I think I will go through with this operation myself. THe guy says it is painless

p.s. Halitosisux you have more posts than me, good job!
This is me, Jimi Stein, I created this site in December 2005. Welcome.
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Thanks Jimi! Thanks for making this site and for making it all possible.
I really hope this operation works for you - good luck!
FedUp
God

Post by FedUp »

Your post has inspired me to give it another shot with the ENT route. Was digging around my tonsil area before and they're both completely smooth, no room for those smelly bastard stones to form at all there. Whatever is causing my odor issue is a 100% on my right side, I can often smell the stench predominantly in my right side- i'm just tearing my hair out trying to figure out where it is coming from. Attempted to pull an upper tooth last week, that really hurt. I often can detect it when I'm out in public. For example was walking to work yesterday and all of a sudden that shit smell came through my right nostril, was a bad day in work. was pretty sure i could over hear people talking about me- never felt so low in life... this problem is literally right under my nose. Gonna visit a dentist about a tooth pulling. not taking no for an answer anymore.
Tonsillectomy - Check
Sinus CT Scan - All Clear - Check
Dentist Examination - "Gums very good" - Check
Endoscopy - Check - H Pylori Negative
Post nasal space cyst removed - Check
Wisdom Teeth Extraction - Check
Mouth Swab Clear - Check
Jimi Stein
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by Jimi Stein »

can somebody go through with it asap? THe guy says it is painless surgery and recovery. Because it does not hurt like tonsil removal.....

so we are lucky who have only adenoids left....

I am talking with my doc on monday to schedule operation I guess
This is me, Jimi Stein, I created this site in December 2005. Welcome.
FedUp
God

Post by FedUp »

Just curious, could people smell your breath a few feet away? Did you have a bitter/metallic taste in the mouth still after the first tonsillectomy?

Edit- just been fiddling around with cotton buds sticking them up to that area and i just got a stench of tonsil stone odor, what?? And for a few minutes I could smell it on my breath. I was told I have no adenoid tissue? ENT visit again. The stench wasn't on the cotton bud but I could detect it..
Tonsillectomy - Check
Sinus CT Scan - All Clear - Check
Dentist Examination - "Gums very good" - Check
Endoscopy - Check - H Pylori Negative
Post nasal space cyst removed - Check
Wisdom Teeth Extraction - Check
Mouth Swab Clear - Check
9YearsToFindCure
Junior

halitosisux wrote:Congrats on finding your cure. I've stickied this thread.
May I ask you, when you had your palatine tonsils removed and you still had your adenoids in place, did you still ever get any tonsil stones?
Did you have any other symptoms that then cleared after the adenoids were removed, such as post nasal drip or congestion etc?
Thanks in advance for any reply.
No. After the palatine were removed, I didn't have any tonsil stones that I could see. But once adenoids were removed, I could see some on the crusted cauterized adenoid that feel out a week after surgery. I sent a pic of it to Jimi. Maybe he can upload it for all to see somehow. The adenoids have small crypts that store this smelly tonsil stone bacteria but they are inside or behind the adenoids.

Yes, PND and congestion cleared up. Sometimes, when I eat or drink dairy I'll get a little of it, but no smell.
9YearsToFindCure
Junior

FedUp wrote:Your post has inspired me to give it another shot with the ENT route. Was digging around my tonsil area before and they're both completely smooth, no room for those smelly bastard stones to form at all there. Whatever is causing my odor issue is a 100% on my right side, I can often smell the stench predominantly in my right side- i'm just tearing my hair out trying to figure out where it is coming from. Attempted to pull an upper tooth last week, that really hurt. I often can detect it when I'm out in public. For example was walking to work yesterday and all of a sudden that shit smell came through my right nostril, was a bad day in work. was pretty sure i could over hear people talking about me- never felt so low in life... this problem is literally right under my nose. Gonna visit a dentist about a tooth pulling. not taking no for an answer anymore.
Your tonsils will feel smooth. Just make sure they are completely removed and there is no tonsil material left. The little crypts are what collect the bacteria tonsil stones. If your smelling it through your nose, chances are its your adenoids just like it was mine. They have those crypts too. And your ENT won't even see the tiny tonsil stones that are hidden behind them, even if he goes down your nose with a camera. You would need a CT of specifically your adenoids and they may be very tiny, but I know they smell like a dead animal. I never had a CT of adenoids, just went straight for the surgery once I was convinced that was it. And after the surgery I called my original ENT who took out my palatine tonsils and told him he screwed up and should have done an adneoidectomy too. By the way, I doubt it's a tooth.
9YearsToFindCure
Junior

FedUp wrote:Just curious, could people smell your breath a few feet away? Did you have a bitter/metallic taste in the mouth still after the first tonsillectomy?

Edit- just been fiddling around with cotton buds sticking them up to that area and i just got a stench of tonsil stone odor, what?? And for a few minutes I could smell it on my breath. I was told I have no adenoid tissue? ENT visit again. The stench wasn't on the cotton bud but I could detect it..
Yes and yes. People could definitely smell my breath from a few feet away. And the metallic taste was still there are the tonsillectectomy. But since since the adenoidectomy, the metallic taste is gone. Besides the smell being gone, that taste is thankfully gone. That was another huge factor in knowing that I was finally cured after the 2nd surgery.

My original ENT told me that the adneoids shrink down to nothing as an adult and that's why he wasn't going to remove them. He's a stupid ****ing piece of shit for that because I lived with halitosis for another 9 years until figuring out it was my adenoids. So if your ENT is saying that, tell him to shut the ***k up and take them out. To get up to speed on what's going on with adults and their smelly adenoids. If he still won't listen, then find a new ENT. Mine is in Beverly Hills, CA if you need one.
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

I remember as a child I used to snore, but I thought it was because of having a blocked nose. I definitely have never had nasal odours though, but I do still have a lot of clear PND that feels like it always needs to be snorted away. I wonder if that's my adenoids. I'll get this looked into. I remember going once a year to see an ENT until I reached about 16, and he used to heat up a mirror and look up the back of my throat. I assume to look at my adenoids.

Thanks for all this good feedback and for sticking around to tell us your story. By the way, I've moved your thread to the "general about bad breath" section, otherwise it might be missed even though it's been stickied. Hope you don't mind.
9YearsToFindCure
Junior

halitosisux wrote:I remember as a child I used to snore, but I thought it was because of having a blocked nose. I definitely have never had nasal odours though, but I do still have a lot of clear PND that feels like it always needs to be snorted away. I wonder if that's my adenoids. I'll get this looked into. I remember going once a year to see an ENT until I reached about 16, and he used to heat up a mirror and look up the back of my throat. I assume to look at my adenoids.

Thanks for all this good feedback and for sticking around to tell us your story. By the way, I've moved your thread to the "general about bad breath" section, otherwise it might be missed even though it's been stickied. Hope you don't mind.
Dairy definitely made me snort more when I had my adenoids and I believe the dairy is where the tonsil stones collect most of there bacteria from or are created from. Even if a doc looks at our adenoids, they can't see what's going on underneath them. I must have went to 5 ENTs over the years, had scopes and cameras down my nose and none of them saw anything impressive. Even the one who did my 2nd surgery said he couldn't see much on the outside. But thank god he did it anyway.

Whatever section works best for you guys to get the word out is fine with me. I just want to help as many people as possible cure their miserable condition because I lived with it for years.
guzler
Advanced

Post by guzler »

Hi 9 years to findcure.could you tell me which doctor did you go to in beverly hills as i live in los angeles . please
thanks
9YearsToFindCure
Junior

guzler wrote:Hi 9 years to findcure.could you tell me which doctor did you go to in beverly hills as i live in los angeles . please
thanks
http://www.larianmd.com
jess
Sheriff

Post by jess »

This is absolutely great news, @ 9YearsToFindCure. Thanks for sharing. This gives me hope.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic