Your Email Address:

First Name:

Fart smelling nose breath.

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
Josh05
Total Newbie

Fart smelling nose breath.

Post by Josh05 »

Does anybody know what might be causing this? Stresses me out to the max. I've had it for maybe a year or less. I only just realised a few months ago the smell was coming from me, as I always thought I was smelling something in the air. I've been to the doctors for testing as I swore the smell was coming from the inside of me. H Pylori test came back negative. Went back again and the doctor told me it was acid reflux from old food fermenting inside of me and coming back up. I was on tablets for a month, which they did stop the reflux, but not the smell still coming from out of my nose. Funny that. I went back again and told a third doctor that I think that I might have an overgrowth of bacteria inside of me just so he would put me on antibiotics to try and kill it. He put me on a 10 day course of Amoxyclav and Clavulanic Acid. I thought it worked great at the time but as time goes by I noticed the smell was still coming out of my nose. I can tell the difference between breathing fresh air and whatever this disgusting smell coming out of my nose is as it's not a full time thing, sort of comes and goes everyday. Lately I've been thinking it might have something to do with my tonsils? I always thought that I didn't get many tonsil stones because I never coughed any up. When I look at my tonsils tho I might see little bits of that feral stuff sitting there, or if I push on them some stuff might come out. I don't have a waterpik so I can't really give them a good clean to determine if they're the problem. When I breath from the back of my throat I can taste it like that's where the smell is coming from. Can my tonsils be so full of shit that I just don't know it? Would it be possible for them to be making my nose breath smell every time I exhale even tho I can't see the stuff on my tonsils but can taste it? Is there anywhere else tonsil stones can hide apart from the palatine tonsils? When I rub hydrogen peroxide on them I can't smell or taste that bad smell I've been talking about. Is that a sign that that's where the smell is coming from? That's all I've got for now anyway. If you get back to me on this it would be much appreciated. Thanks.

ThinkPositive
Junior

Post by ThinkPositive »

thats what im going through as well.. do you have post nasal drip too or? im going to book for a tonsillectomy soon maybe it helps who knows. when i gargle with h.peroxide alot of it bubbles at the back of my throat and tonsils and the smell i get from those areas does diminish but it starts to smell bad once mucus drips onto ,y throat. You should try visiting an ENT
Josh05
Total Newbie

Post by Josh05 »

I feel your pain, brother. It's depressing, isn't it?! I'm not totally sure what that is, but I do get that feeling of, like, phlegm down the back of my throat where I'm constantly trying to swallow it, if that's what post nasal drip is? Doctors are hopeless, so I might have to. I'd like to try and see if I can properly flush the area first to see if that might be the cause before I go and get any kind of surgery done or get an opinion. There's definitely the taste of tonsil stones back there or something and I think I can feel when I swallow one maybe, just can never see them. I'm just confused as how something like that could let off such a smell out through my nose, it's embarrassing!
mak_123

josh

Post by mak_123 »

josh dud, this is also happening to me. You know, in situtation where you have to sit next to someone and your mouth breath stinks you will sit there quiet and everything will be alright. you are not stressed about someone senses you or get any weird reactions like putting hand on their chick. But unfortunatly from all who suffer from bad breath there are 2 groups: 1. people who have bad breath only in mouth and they are in better position than 2. people who have bad breath trough nose beside mouth. Well i am in the second category. I got rid off my tonsils palatine and lingual but no decreasing at all !@!. Last week i had viral infection got sick and gp perscribed me anti biotic called amoxicilin 500mg *3 per day. IT DID NOTHING TO DECREASE BAD BREATH. it gave me a metallic taste nothing more. I am so confused about this condition. There are lots of people here commenting anti biotcs cured them temporarly but for me it did nothing.

i suspect our problem (nasal + mouth ) is saliva or tongue or both!!.
please do some research on tongue and saliva! 1 thing you can do is to eliminate nasal area. You can do that by washing your hands and put your finger till you reach your adenoid. Then smell it if it stinks then you have there a problem if not then it's probably due to increased oral bacteria on your tongue. My only part of my mouth that stinks is my tongue and the part where the tongue is attaching to the throat when i swallow.
whatdidido
Junior
Post by whatdidido »

Mak-- you can fit your entire finger through your nostril until you touch your adenoids!?!?!??!?!?!?
mak_123

Post by mak_123 »

trough mouth not nose WTF! LOOL
whatdidido
Junior
Post by whatdidido »

lol ok i misunderstood that, thank god! :lol:
meowkity1
Super Angel

Post by meowkity1 »

10 year sufferer here. I used to put antibuoucs and probiotics in mt nose. Used netti pots, and other salt rinses. The only thing that helped my nose odor is to cean out my intestines. I used oxypowder. For the first time in years i was breathing cool fresh air thtough my nose
ThinkPositive
Junior

Post by ThinkPositive »

hey meowkitty1 is it alright for you describe ur odur please? did u have only mouth or mouth/nasal odour? thanks
meowkity1
Super Angel

Post by meowkity1 »

I had sewage, rotten egg, fecal, and plain old stale. Tonsillectomy and adnoid rmoval, and tonsil stone removal took away the rotten egg fecal smell that was constantly in my nose. Now i just have intermittent sewage. When i get fecal i use oxypowder or milk of mag then the fecal goes away. Please listen if your teeth have good care and tou havenasal odor do a colon cleanse with oxypowder and you may breath fresh air again. Even my dentist says most bb is from inside of you and not teeth[/quote]
ThinkPositive
Junior

Post by ThinkPositive »

i have nasal odour and slightly less offensive mouth odour. the thing is im scared to use cleansing products as my digestion is completely fine i have regular bowel movements and pretty fast metabolism and i have also tested for h.plyori which came back negative. i do have an impacted wisdom tooth and the molar next to the tooth is slightly decayed. i think ill book for a tonsillectomy/adenoictemy and then deal with the dental problems.
Amro

Post by Amro »

ThinkPositive wrote:i have nasal odour and slightly less offensive mouth odour. the thing is im scared to use cleansing products as my digestion is completely fine i have regular bowel movements and pretty fast metabolism and i have also tested for h.plyori which came back negative. i do have an impacted wisdom tooth and the molar next to the tooth is slightly decayed. i think ill book for a tonsillectomy/adenoictemy and then deal with the dental problems.
DEAL WITH DENTAL PROBLEMS FIRST ! you had impacted tooth and wonder about the smell ?? your mouth odor+ nose odor are probably from your teeth decay
meowkity1
Super Angel

Post by meowkity1 »

tonsil stones are parasites
Josh05
Total Newbie

Post by Josh05 »

meowkity1 wrote:tonsil stones are parasites
You might be right. I never thought I got them for the simple fact that I never coughed any up or felt anything back there. Mine aren't so much stones, although I do get little ones, but more like all the filthy stuff before it forms into a stone. Still haven't had a chance to properly clean my tonsils yet to see if it's the cause of the problem and smell coming from my nose, but I'm fairly sure it might be. Can't guarantee it tho. I'll figure it out sooner or later. Hopefully sooner!
sopo
Advanced

Post by sopo »

How can we actually detect bad smell from nose? Is there any method like lick test for bad breath...I never knew that bad smell can come ffrom nose until I saw some post s here.one night when I was lying in the bed suddenly I smelled something like shit, last night smelled something like rotten pumpkin. I think the smell was coming from my nose but I cannot confirm it as iI cannot smell it other times.
I do have bad breath from mouth and also have congestion in my nose cannot breathe through both nostrils, little bit of Pnd also.
I had ct scan of my sinuses it snowed I had deviated septum.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic