Your Email Address:

First Name:

is this the end?

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
dollymary1

is this the end?

Post by dollymary1 »

Hi, I posted a few weeks ago regarding my zinc deficiency, the post is called Cured?? Zinc deficient if you want to check it out. So anyway I had a follow up appointment today at the dental hospital, a quick back story, I had blood test which determined I have a zinc deficiency, so I've been on zinc supplements for 2 weeks now.

So I arrived for my appointment and they called me in, the dentist explained that the swabs taken from my tongue were fine, also the rest of bloods were perfectly fine, the only other issue was my iron level is on the low side of normal, which the dentist said can easily be solved by eating more green vegetables etc.

She explained to me that low zinc levels can definitely have an effect on bad breath/taste etc. Of course I'm skeptical of this as 2 years ago I underwent a tonsilectomy believing that was the cure, I cried every night for a week before the operation from the happiness that I would be cured, ever since then every possibility seems useless to me.

She also said stress can effect breath, however I am a very laid back person I rarely get stressed (only get stressed about breath issues) so I'm unsure about this. So she looked in my mouth and said my teeth are perfect nothing to worry about. She advised me to carry on the 3 month zinc course as she was very certain this was the cause of it, she was very understand etc. But then she said the worst case scenario, she explained to me that sometimes we just need to accept that this is an inconvenience to live with, however there isn't anything seriously wrong. Basically telling me if the zinc doesn't work then I'm just going to have to live like this. Of course I put on my brave face and as soon as I stepped out the dentist doors I broke down, I'm crying as I write this now I don't know how I can live anymore if the zinc doesn't work, I'm only 18 and I'm dreading the rest of my life having to deal with this, I could never kill myself, I couldn't leave people asking questions, I just wish I didn't exist I don't enjoy living and I don't value my own life. I'm sure many of you feel the same and it's crazy to think what bad breath does to us, I'm not even sure how to live anymore.

Sorry for getting carried away, just thought I'd post an update kind of thing, I'd love to hear anyone else's story and how you're getting on with finding your cure??

tintswalo
Total Newbie

Post by tintswalo »

Sorry about what happened. Bad breath has destroyed my life too, it has shattered my dreams. I read somewhere In this website that raw food can cure bad breath, I'm thinking of trying it out next year coz I can't live like this anymore. I'm only 19 and already I feel so sad about life. Please can you PM if you could, it's just so hard living like this cos nobody understands.
jo317
Advanced

Re: is this the end?

Post by jo317 »

Oh god I know the feeling all too well. I remember when I convinced myself that my issues were due to low stomach acid and that the HCL pills were going to cure me for good. It was the most relieved I have ever felt, until of course it didn't help at all. Just because one thing does not work, does not mean you are stuck with bb for the rest of your life. Just remember its not an illness, its more likely a symptom of an underlying problem. There are so many things to see if they help you. There are 2 sets of tonsils that could cause smell, + your adenoids. Did you get just the visible ones taken out? Have they grown back at all (yes this is weirdly possible!) Did you get your wisdom teeth taken out? If not, are they impacted? Low stomach acid, bacteria or fungal overgrowth in the gut/mouth/nose/or throat, chronic allergies or food intolerances, diet, ear tube dysfunction. Do you get PND? You could have nose polyps, or Silent Reflux etc. etc. etc.

Listen to your body. Our bodies are machines and something in them is not working quite right.
JustHereToHelp
Junior

Re: is this the end?

Post by JustHereToHelp »

dollymary1 wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:17 pm Hi, I posted a few weeks ago regarding my zinc deficiency, the post is called Cured?? Zinc deficient if you want to check it out. So anyway I had a follow up appointment today at the dental hospital, a quick back story, I had blood test which determined I have a zinc deficiency, so I've been on zinc supplements for 2 weeks now.

So I arrived for my appointment and they called me in, the dentist explained that the swabs taken from my tongue were fine, also the rest of bloods were perfectly fine, the only other issue was my iron level is on the low side of normal, which the dentist said can easily be solved by eating more green vegetables etc.

She explained to me that low zinc levels can definitely have an effect on bad breath/taste etc. Of course I'm skeptical of this as 2 years ago I underwent a tonsilectomy believing that was the cure, I cried every night for a week before the operation from the happiness that I would be cured, ever since then every possibility seems useless to me.

She also said stress can effect breath, however I am a very laid back person I rarely get stressed (only get stressed about breath issues) so I'm unsure about this. So she looked in my mouth and said my teeth are perfect nothing to worry about. She advised me to carry on the 3 month zinc course as she was very certain this was the cause of it, she was very understand etc. But then she said the worst case scenario, she explained to me that sometimes we just need to accept that this is an inconvenience to live with, however there isn't anything seriously wrong. Basically telling me if the zinc doesn't work then I'm just going to have to live like this. Of course I put on my brave face and as soon as I stepped out the dentist doors I broke down, I'm crying as I write this now I don't know how I can live anymore if the zinc doesn't work, I'm only 18 and I'm dreading the rest of my life having to deal with this, I could never kill myself, I couldn't leave people asking questions, I just wish I didn't exist I don't enjoy living and I don't value my own life. I'm sure many of you feel the same and it's crazy to think what bad breath does to us, I'm not even sure how to live anymore.

Sorry for getting carried away, just thought I'd post an update kind of thing, I'd love to hear anyone else's story and how you're getting on with finding your cure??
Hey, how are you doing?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic