Your Email Address:

First Name:

Almost there...

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
Soon

Almost there...

Post by Soon »

Hi Guys and Ladies,

This is my first post but I’m not new to the forum. I have been lurking this forum for a few months. Tried few methods recommended by forummers and I think im somewhat almost “cured”. The game changer is non other than the Diflucan (Fluconazole) and Flagyl (Metronidazole) combination.

About me

Country of Origin: Singapore
Height: 1.76m
Weight: 75-78kg
Habit: Non smoker and drinker (How could I be when im tortured by this nightmare)
Symptons: White heavy coating on the whole tongue. (No gum, tonsil, wisdom tooth nor nasal issues, generally a healthy person yet I’m plague by halitosis)

Note: Found out that after drinking, the smell will not be there for the night. However the next morning, the coating on my tongue will be worse than normal. (I only drink maybe like once a few months for social events)

My Story

Found out about bad breath at the age of 13 or 14. Standard reactions I get are people rubbing their nose, cutting off conversation abruptly, telling me directly and etc etc. Humiliated and made fun of till the age of 21 where I found out about Therabreath and was able to lead a somewhat normal life by following a strict mouth washing regime for the next 10 years. However, since last year, Therabreath has stopped working and people are reacting to me again. I have tried (standalone or combination) ACV, tea tree oil, coconut oil, baking soda, hydrogen peroxide, probiotics and all sorts of expensive mouthwash to no/little avail.

Then I saw the post by keeptrying09. Went through a long way to get hold of Diflucan and Flagyl, finished both medicine and there are significant improvement in my breath and the coating on my tongue. The heavy white coating has reduced to a small patch right at the back of the tongue. (Is this considered to be normal?) My colleagues are talking to me again I believe is a sign that my breath is no longer as offensive as before. Sometimes I do see them rubbing their noise but they are no longer as ‘irritated’ as before when I’m talking to them. With this much improvement, I am happy with the result as I believe there’s no way my bad breath will be cured overnight since I have it practically the whole of my life.

So now that I know bacteria imbalance is the source of my bad breath, should I continue to take metronidazole for another 10 days? Anyone can advise? This is an antibiotics and I’m a bit worried that it might create a super bacteria in my body if I’m taking it for long term.

As I benefitted from the post by keeptrying09, therefore I’m sharing my experience hoping that I can help people with halitosis caused by bacteria imbalance. Do note that there’s always risk when self medicating. So my advise is to see a doctor before deciding to self medicating.

Past Regime

Morning:
Swish coconut oil for 20 mins,
then with tea tree oil and
follow by hydrogen peroxide.
One probiotics pill (10 billions)
Two tbsp of ACV and one tsp of baking soda

Afternoon:
Tea tree oil and hydrogen peroxide mouthwash
One yakult and yogurt

Night:
Tea tree oil and hydrogen peroxide mouthwash
One VSL probiotic pills (112billions)
One yogurt

Current Regime

Morning:
Hydrogen peroxide
Two pills of probiotics (20 billions)
One tsp of baking soda for drinking

Afternoon:
Hydrogen peroxide
One pill of probiotics (10 billions)
One tsp of baking soda for drinking

Night:
Eating kimchi and sauerkraut
One VSL pill 112 billions
Oral probiotics 5 billions
( No mouthwash inorder for my good bacteria to flourish)

Note: Will be eliminating the mouthwash when I feel more confident

Atrial
Advanced

Post by Atrial »

Short term metro use is fine but it's harmfull to your body in longterm use.
Check online about the side effects of metronidazole.
Also all those mouth cleaning regimes are pretty much useless.
Normal oral hygiene is fine.
Soon

Post by Soon »

Thanks Atrial, i will note on your advise.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic