Your Email Address:

First Name:

BB - Need a cure - Maybe adenoids and tonsils?

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
amii
BB - Need a cure - Maybe adenoids and tonsils?

Post by amii »

Hi Guys

I need serious help and need some advice. I have had BB since puberty (between 13-15) and i am now 32. I have a nasty eggy smell which i can always smell - sometimes is ok and sometimes its real bad. It is worse in closed areas and i get conscious when im around people especially at work. I always get comments - did i fart, or did someone fart. The egg fart type smell is the worst.

I think the root cause is my post nasal drips as its constant through the day. The PND is always clear, thick, white and DOES NOT smell if i blow my nose - which is the source ie fresh. However if i was to spit it out it smells very sharpe, metalic, pungent, stale saliva (NOT eggy). Ive used steriod sprays and various things which do not help at all.

Does anyone know what this could be? Is it adenoids which collect bacteria?

Condition
- Post Nasal Drip since i was 15 (now im 32)
- Mucus - Clear white sticky thick mucus from nose - does NOT smell at all if i blow my nose
- My nose area is constantly filled with this mucus all day long
- The mucus i can feel goes from my nose down to my throat.
- Tongue - is coated with thick white film
- Tongue - once cleaned with a scraper/orabrush gets coated again after an hour

Smells - Constantly through the day
- Eggy - I can constantly smell an 'eggy' smell coming from my NOSE
- Eggy - I can constantly smell an 'eggy' smell coming from the BACK of my THROAT if i exhale slowly
- Bitter metalic taste from TONGUE if i rub my fingers on my tongue
- Harsh smell if i rub my finger on my TONSILS

Tests Carried Out
- H Plori - PASS (no issues)
- Allergies - Dust, Milk, Gluten (which i avoid) however i dont know if this causes the PND/BB
- Teeth inspection by dentist - PASS no rotting teath, no excess plaque etc.
- Use of various steroid sprays (dont work)
- Anti Histamines (dont work)
- Thrush - Pass (no signs)
- Acid Reflux - Pass - Average results (also took the stomach tablets for 60 days to see outcome)

Past Operations/procedures
- Nasal Septoplasty
- Turbinate Reduction

Current Cleaning Programme
- Teeth Brush - Twice daily with an Oral B electronic brush
- Tongue - Twice a day scrapped with a metal scrapper and use an Orabrush and i try and get back to the end of my tongue near throat,
- Tablets - K12 Bliss and B12 oral pro biotics
- Avoid sugars and dairy if i can
- Nasal irrigation with salt and baking soda
- Mouth wash - Therabrush

Diet
- Veg
- Fruit
- Not many take aways

salehia802
Post by salehia802 »

Hi. you have the same conditions as all of us have. here in this forum are some people cured. so be hopeful that you would find your cure too. it should be in some topics all the causes and their cure but i dont know exact address so please do these one by one:
1.ِِِDentist gum- tooth- periodental
2.ENT tonsillectomy- Adenoidectomy- lingual tonsil Endoscopy- sinuses- Pharyngitis(do MRI & CT scan)
3.Gastroenterologist Esophagus- Gut- Stomach(acid reflux
4. lungs
5. And of course Candida Albicans(Oral thrush)
(whisper in the ear: after 1 and 2 its better to use home remedies fore other causes than tablets or...!)
Justwannabnormal
Total Newbie

Amii

Post by Justwannabnormal »

I have the exact same things happening to me u have an egg smell from my mouth and nose the only difference is I was positive for h. Pylori got treated but didn't solve the problem I don't think our pnd have something to do with our smell my mom has pnd and no smell I think it make have something to do with our stomachs it has to be if nothing else worked do you have problems with constipation? I've been drinking olive oil bc I read somewhere it helped her with bb from mouth and nose.... I just pray for ppl like us
amii
Post by amii »

Hi Guys

thanks for your reply.

No i dont have consitipation however i do have a lot of wind at times however even when i dont i still get bb.

Do you guys have adenoids? I am looking at mineback of throat with a mirror and i can see the gap is small and the mucus is constantly around there.

Also anyone tried oxygen tablets/colon cleanse?

i did do 3 colonic irrigations last year when i quit gletun and dairy which again didnt do anything as i still had bb.
Justwannabnormal
Total Newbie

I still have my tonsils and adenoids but an ent said they look healthy blahblah... I was thinking about adenoids but when I squirt water up there from the back of my mouth nothing falls down I just blow mucus out my nose.i have a colon cleanse and that didn't help. How did you notice the smell from nose? I got a cold and all of a sudden the horrible smell.
salehia802
Re: Amii

Post by salehia802 »

not all the people that have pnd or other halitosis causes have BB!my brother have PND & acid reflux but doesn't have BB at all. or about constipation. for us it should be other special reason in our body that result BB.
Last edited by salehia802 on Sat Apr 09, 2016 6:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
salehia802
Post by salehia802 »

how do you guys use mirror for adenoid?! i hadn't hear about it before. :shock:
amii
Post by amii »

how do jet wash adenoids?
Justwannabnormal
Total Newbie

I have a water bottle with a long nozzle and I put it in the back of my uvula and squeeze until the water comes out my nose
amii
Post by amii »

hi that sounds like a good next step.

DO you have a picture of the thing you are using? What kind of device is it? homemade?

also is it salt water or just regular water

when pushing water in to the adenoid - does anything fall out? if so what does it look like?
Stopbreathing
Total Newbie

Post by Stopbreathing »

I canrelate so much to what you are saying. Does that eggy smell linger in your throat and nasel cavity? Mine does i hate it. Also is it only close up bad smell?
amii
Post by amii »

hi

yes thats what happens lingers for ages.

if i do the nasal wash then eventually i get green discharge that comes out even though 90% of my pnd from my nose is white clear and fresh.

i think some junk is getting stored and bacteria is forming

i can smell it all day long

bTW how do i wash my adenoids
amii
Post by amii »

???
almostcured
Total Newbie
Re: BB - Need a cure - Maybe adenoids and tonsils?

Post by almostcured »

PLEASE READ! (solution below)

Im 15 years old and have been struggling with the same exact problem for about 3 years. For many of you, 3 years may seem like a relatively short time to have this problem but for a teenager it's absolute hell. Especially being trapped in a packed room full of non-forgiving teenagers for 6 hours a day.
I avoid people and stress immensely over this problem. The way I cover up is eating lettuce (or other light vegetables) every time I feel it's coming again.
By my username you can probably tell im ALMOST cured. Going to a GI in about a week. I finally worked up the courage to tell my mother about this problem and although she's not very open about the topic she took me to the doctor to fix this problem.
Amazingly, I have almost cured this on my own. I never went to a doctor for this. Alright enough about me... So here is what I did.
TAKE MANY PROBIOTICS..
I find culturelle to be the best probiotic (I take the chewables in orange flavor). Take these 3 times a day and there will be an improvement from stomach pains. They cause no harm whatsoever and they're over the counter. You can find them at basically any store (Walgreens, QFC, Fred Meyer, Amazon etc.).
VERY LIGHT DIET.
Look up the "FODMAP" diet and follow it veryy strictly. You mentioned you ate fruit. The sugars in fruit can actually make the symptoms WORSE so beware of that. No dairy, this makes the symptoms muchhh worse and eliminate gluten and sugars and grains. You should see at least a slight improvement over the course of 2 weeks. This minimized the farty/egg smell (almost) but not ENTIRELY

There are different reasons why this smell can emanate from our bodies. Most likely, bacteria in the stomach. You said you tested negative for H pylori but there is also something called SIBO that cause these symptoms as well. IBS may be another factor.
Another condition it may be for you are tonsil stones since you say you can smell it coming from there.

Please see a good doctor about your condition, there's not many of us out there and I hope there's a cure. Keep in touch!
IAMFrustrated
Junior
Re: BB - Need a cure - Maybe adenoids and tonsils?

Post by IAMFrustrated »

Almostcured
you remind me a very bad dream which i have had in school, yes you are absolutely right a very long 6 hours every bad days in with so many classmates :( :( :( :( :(
Sinus surgery 2016 & 2017 (I have allergies at work place)
Tonsilactomy 2017
H. Pylori treatment
Candida diet 5 to 6 months
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic