Your Email Address:

First Name:

Chlorine Bleach, diluted with water, as mouthwash (start with only few drops!!!)

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
Jimi Stein
Site Admin
United States of America

Re: Chlorine Bleach, diluted with water, as mouthwash

Post by Jimi Stein »

nightmare wrote:Its been about 8 months now and it works. Just a few things I have notice. If i swish it around with my head back so I am gargling down to my gag reflex valve I'm good for 24 - 72 hours depending what I eat or drink and if I add ph+ drops to liquids I drink. If I swish it around without my head looking up, where it doesn't make it to the gag reflex valve, then I won't make it 2 hours maybe less than one hour. For me the back of the throat is where these bugs are hiding. I have also found if I add ph+ drops to coffee or water, etc.and gargle after ever meal with baking soda, I buy more time. Last year I had 2 crowns just fall out (glue let go). Dentist said I needed to have the ph in my mouth tested, glue won't hold in extreme acidic conditions. I'm thinking silent re-flux. Another think, I hate gargling Beach down to the gag valve :cry:, but it work like a charm. No one taking a step back when I talk. :)
amazing....abouth the glue, I think you should find another dentist...they use cement, not the glue for the crowns

This is me, Jimi Stein, I created this site in December 2005. Welcome.
Surly27
Total Newbie

Post by Surly27 »

I'm new to the site (I tried to start a new thread but couldn't figure out.). I've had bad breath for over 30 years and have tried everything. I''m constantly changing my regimen. I feel like the bacteria in the mouth and sinus seem to be adaptable to everything I do. So I continue to tweak things only to experience temporary relief. When no longer effective, I move onto something new. Would be interested to hear other regimens people have on this site. (Since I feel it's apparent you must address this problem from multiple angles.) Also, do you also have the need to mix things up?

Kind Regards,
Surly
Norman

Post by Norman »

Omg dude I have the same but I never used bleach I use hydrogen peroxide . If I Gargle with my head back it works so good I swear. But if I just gargle with my head straight it dsnt work for long. Dude Im so happy to finally find someone tht understands me lol most pple here dont understand this . Please please keep in touch with me we can help each other and say hola in pm I will let u knw what I tried before and what Im planning to try in 2017
nightmare wrote:Its been about 8 months now and it works. Just a few things I have notice. If i swish it around with my head back so I am gargling down to my gag reflex valve I'm good for 24 - 72 hours depending what I eat or drink and if I add ph+ drops to liquids I drink. If I swish it around without my head looking up, where it doesn't make it to the gag reflex valve, then I won't make it 2 hours maybe less than one hour. For me the back of the throat is where these bugs are hiding. I have also found if I add ph+ drops to coffee or water, etc.and gargle after ever meal with baking soda, I buy more time. Last year I had 2 crowns just fall out (glue let go). Dentist said I needed to have the ph in my mouth tested, glue won't hold in extreme acidic conditions. I'm thinking silent re-flux. Another think, I hate gargling Beach down to the gag valve :cry:, but it work like a charm. No one taking a step back when I talk. :)
Norman

Post by Norman »

aloneinthis wrote:
Norman wrote:I use hydrogen peroxide and my bb vanishes for like 9-10 hours and after that it comes a little back.

my question is , if hydrogen peroxide or bleach works does that mean your porblem lies in your mouth or maybe throat ? and you can rule out all other possible causes???

or is there still any chance that the root of your bb is somewere else, like stomach or intensines and the bacteria come from there and build up in your mouth / tongue???
Is Hydrogen peroxide like bleach? how do you use it? do you mix it with water?

Its not like bleach you can buy it in wallmart 3% hydrogen peroxide. It helps me if I gargle with my head back letting the product go to my throat. If I do it this way I get maximum effect.

I never mix it with water tho it just doesnt work if I mix it with water
Lifelongsufferer
Junior

Post by Lifelongsufferer »

Norman wrote:
Its not like bleach you can buy it in wallmart 3% hydrogen peroxide. It helps me if I gargle with my head back letting the product go to my throat. If I do it this way I get maximum effect.

Hi Norman,

I have also been using Hydrogen Peroxide on and off with some success. I tip my head right back and gargle, making sure not to hunch up my shoulders and keep my throat relaxed so that it reache as far as possible.

How long have you been using it for?

I feel like every so often it stops working so I stop for a week or two and when I start again it works!

Thanks
Lifelong
22 UK

Tonsils/adenoids removed
FESS surgery
Visited 3+ ENTs & 2 gastros.
Diagnosed w/ SIBO (hydrogen test)
Peroxide, metronidazole and Sodium Hypochlorite all worked for 2 weeks.

FODMAP, vegan and candida diet tried. Slight improvement.
Norman

Post by Norman »

Omg I can relate to everything you said about hp :O and im just recently diagnosed with sibo yoo !! Now im really starting to think that sibo is causing my and maybe your bb too . Can you please pm me?
Lifelongsufferer wrote:
Norman wrote:

Hi Norman,

I have also been using Hydrogen Peroxide on and off with some success. I tip my head right back and gargle, making sure not to hunch up my shoulders and keep my throat relaxed so that it reache as far as possible.

How long have you been using it for?

I feel like every so often it stops working so I stop for a week or two and when I start again it works!

Thanks
Lifelong
searching
Master

Post by searching »

This method, which I use most mornings, has enabled me to effectively manage my BB throughout the day, for the past 11 months.

I’ve provided occasional updates to create a long-term record of the results. Next month, after 1 year of mouthwashing/gargling with diluted sodium hypochlorite, I’ll likely cease posting to this thread, as the long-term results have been shared. I will continue to use this method as long as it provides positive results.

Some additional details:
• I add 10 to 15 drops of ordinary chlorine bleach solution, to 20 to 30X tap water.
• The bleach solution, a generic, is the type intended for laundry use.
• The bleach is packaged as an aqueous (water) solution, at a concentration of 5.25wt% sodium hypochlorite.
• This mixed amount, i.e. the bleach solution diluted 20 to 30X with tap water, is a volume sufficient for one mouth-washing/gargling period, lasting 60 seconds.
• I use this solution, most-mornings, after brushing with ordinary toothpaste and gently, yet thoroughly, brushing my tongue with an old toothbrush having bristles cut to half their original length, using plain water.
• Throughout the 1 minute period of using the diluted bleach solution, I vigorously swish and gargle the solution to ensure full contact with my entire oral surface; and, each 10 to 15 seconds I tip my head upward, facing the ceiling to ensure the solution contacts the back of my mouth and throat as I gargle for a few seconds.
• I then spit out the used solution.

Note: In the past I’ve brushed my teeth, morning and night, using an electric toothbrush or using a manual toothbrush. For managing BB, I find that a manual toothbrush is much more effective. I now use the manual toothbrush exclusively.

I will soon request a blood test to have my immunoglobulin (Ig) levels measured. My theory is that my life-long contest with BB is due to a below-average concentration of one, or more, of a human’s Igs.

Good luck to all in finding an effective method that works best for your individual need.
Soon

Post by Soon »

Hi guys, I would like to share my method which hopefully would be useful for others and much safer. Since i have tried almost everything (Dental, ENT, Gastro) and could not find the root cause, i have decided to change my diet to fight bad breath. The purpose is to change my body flora hopefully to get a permanent cure for my bad breath.

My normal mouth routine:

1. Mix Baking Soda with 3% hydrogen peroxide and make into paste. Coat them on the tongue and the teeths (whole mouth) for 10 mins and then scrap and brush them off. Normally i will be showering in that 10 mins. Benefits: Whiter teeth and pink tongue

2. Swirl and gargle with hydrogen peroxide for 5 mins. To reach the bacteria in the throat

3. Take 2 tablets of smartmouth mints which contain zinc and xylitol. Or you can replace the mint with pure xylitol sugar
Xylitol sugar cannot be broken down by bacteria thus not creating any sulfur gases which are the cause for badbreath. Xylitol also prevent bacteria from sticking to the wall of the mouth. Hopefully after a long term use, i am able to change my oral flora through natural selection.

My Diet Routine:

1. I will skip breakfast in the morning as i cant find any quick meal without carbs and sugars

2. Lunch, i will take meal like salad with chicken breast meats. Or anything without rice, noodle, bread or carbs/sugars

3. Dinner, i will eat as per normal (will try to cut out sugars in the near future) And supplement my sugar craving with xylitol sugars.
Benefit: I am getting slimmer and healthier with this diet regime.

I have just starte for a week, so far i am getting good result. But not totally bad breath free. If others have a similar routine, please share your experience and result. We can learn from each other.

Will try to update again in a month or 2 on the outcome. Cheers everyone and hang in there
Soon

Post by Soon »

I am taking probiotics, Zinc and Chorophyll supplements too
emotional rescue
Sheriff

Post by emotional rescue »

searching wrote:This method, which I use most mornings, has enabled me to effectively manage my BB throughout the day, for the past 11 months.

I’ve provided occasional updates to create a long-term record of the results. Next month, after 1 year of mouthwashing/gargling with diluted sodium hypochlorite, I’ll likely cease posting to this thread, as the long-term results have been shared. I will continue to use this method as long as it provides positive results.

Some additional details:
• I add 10 to 15 drops of ordinary chlorine bleach solution, to 20 to 30X tap water.
• The bleach solution, a generic, is the type intended for laundry use.
• The bleach is packaged as an aqueous (water) solution, at a concentration of 5.25wt% sodium hypochlorite.
• This mixed amount, i.e. the bleach solution diluted 20 to 30X with tap water, is a volume sufficient for one mouth-washing/gargling period, lasting 60 seconds.
• I use this solution, most-mornings, after brushing with ordinary toothpaste and gently, yet thoroughly, brushing my tongue with an old toothbrush having bristles cut to half their original length, using plain water.
• Throughout the 1 minute period of using the diluted bleach solution, I vigorously swish and gargle the solution to ensure full contact with my entire oral surface; and, each 10 to 15 seconds I tip my head upward, facing the ceiling to ensure the solution contacts the back of my mouth and throat as I gargle for a few seconds.
• I then spit out the used solution.

Note: In the past I’ve brushed my teeth, morning and night, using an electric toothbrush or using a manual toothbrush. For managing BB, I find that a manual toothbrush is much more effective. I now use the manual toothbrush exclusively.

I will soon request a blood test to have my immunoglobulin (Ig) levels measured. My theory is that my life-long contest with BB is due to a below-average concentration of one, or more, of a human’s Igs.

Good luck to all in finding an effective method that works best for your individual need.
So happy for you Searching!!!

You are my favourite user of the forum by far, always nice to hear from you and your efforts and findings : )
Soon

Post by Soon »

Good read if bacteria will be resistance to diluted bleach mouthwash:

This is because antibiotics work in a very different way to bleach. Bleach will kill pretty much everything, but antibiotics work in a much more subtle way. Most antibiotics work by targeting specific proteins, such as ones in the cell wall, or those that help make other proteins. A population of bacteria will have variation in genes between one bug and the next and so some will survive. The bacteria that do survive are the ones with variations in their genes which let them cope against the drugs, and so these go on to divide and replace the ones killed by the antibiotics. Bleach is so utterly destructive that virtually nothing survives, so no 'resistance' genes get spread throughout the population.Most of the drugs we have are derived from a natural source, so bacteria have been locked in this 'arms race' for a very long time. Long before we started using these chemicals to fight off infection.

Another link:
https://www.reddit.com/r/explainlikeimf ... stance_to/
Soon

Post by Soon »

Lately i have decided to try this diluted bleach mouthwash and i can tell you all that this is the single most powerful mouthwash for severe bad breath. No joke.

As recommended by Searching, i only used it in the morning and able to last the whole full day. This not not something therabreath, hydrogen peroxide, smartmouth or any others able to achieve.

I strongly urge everyone to at least try it if you have exhausted all other options.

I have been using it for 1 week. Will report back in a month time.

Through online searching and found that resistance to this diluted bleach mouthwash is almost impossible
Robert20
Junior

Post by Robert20 »

Can somebody tell me how to use this method I am european and don't really understand the terms you're using like 10-15 drops how do i do that? like with a little spoon? How much should I put in a normal sized cup/mug like this one http://www.ikea.com/PIAimages/51249_PE150726_S5.JPG

Also my parents saw me using this method and told me I'm going to die :D I am still trying to explain to them how it works but yeah. OHHH by the way one more question. I've only found a flavoured lemon bleach called Ace it says it has 5% chlorine stuff. Is it good for this method? I've tried it, I don't have the bad taste anymore but I think I still get a few reactions.
Cureplzz
Advanced

Post by Cureplzz »

Great post I wil be trying this
PLEASE ANYONE IN PHOENIX AZ HIT ME UP
Jimi Stein
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by Jimi Stein »

I think you should go to dentists and ask them if they can sell you some bleach, they use it all the time.....
This is me, Jimi Stein, I created this site in December 2005. Welcome.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic