Your Email Address:

First Name:

Chlorine Bleach, diluted with water, as mouthwash (start with only few drops!!!)

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
Jimi Stein
Site Admin
United States of America

Re: Chlorine Bleach, diluted with water, as mouthwash

Post by Jimi Stein »

I have scented one....i cant find unscented one....

This is me, Jimi Stein, I created this site in December 2005. Welcome.
Ishan
Total Newbie

Post by Ishan »

I'm using this method for past one week and think it's working.

Question though , do ya guys think it can be used for nasal rinse to clean de f..king adenoid ?

I'll pour it into the nose and spit out of the mouth.

I'm getting it removed next month but doing flush may help set my expectations for complete removal.

What say ?
chika
Total Newbie

Post by chika »

Hi Ishan
How you are using this method...like where did you got this sodium hypochlorite stuff
ttylxman2
Junior

Post by ttylxman2 »

Ishan wrote:I'm using this method for past one week and think it's working.

Question though , do ya guys think it can be used for nasal rinse to clean de f..king adenoid ?

I'll pour it into the nose and spit out of the mouth.

I'm getting it removed next month but doing flush may help set my expectations for complete removal.

What say ?
I am curious about this too. But my gut feeling says it's not a good idea to flush bleach through your sinuses.. And if it is OK, you'd have to make damn sure to dilute the crap out of it. What I've been doing for my adenoids is using a water pik with diluted bleach in it. This is super effective. It's also good to crush up a pepto bismol chewable tablet into a paste and smear it all around your tonsils.
chika
Total Newbie

Post by chika »

Hi guys.... I have tried with harpic bleach. The concentration of sodium hypochlorite is .5 percent. It seems to be not working for me. I gargled it for 2days in the morning.
why me?

Post by why me? »

I decided to try this method. I have been in and out of this site for some time and was vveeerrrryyy skeptical as to the outcome of this process. The first time I experimented with the bleach rinse (Saturday), I used it in the irrigator (1 tsp. of water/5 drops of bleach). There wasn't a bad bleach after taste and I attended a social event. I didn't notice many "nose rubbing" responses as I usually do. I also noticed I didn't have the "metallic" taste in the back of my throat either.

I used the bleach rinse again yesterday morning before going to the office. I didn't see much of a negative response or "backing away" of coworkers as I usually do. I had close-up conversations with others and was very nervous.

With some people, I can smell my own breath when speaking to them and I couldn't detect anything this time around. I feel that it's working, but I can still feel draining in the back of my throat. I know some of the bb is contributed by the mucus drainage.

I've also started using a product called Hyperbiotics Pro-dental. It claims to help eliminate bb and help with ent symptoms. I would like to see if the hyperbiotics does help with the drainage and ent symptoms. But for now, I feel the bleach solution has helped me gain some of myself confidence back and I feel I can have a social life without having to feel isolated or self-conscious.

On another note, I had noticed when I was using whitening strips to whiten my teeth, I didn't have bb for a few days. I read the ingredients and noticed one of the main ingredients was carbamide. Dr. Aydinmur mentioned it in one of his posts in this forum. Thought it interesting the connection of carbamide.
chika
Total Newbie

Post by chika »

why me? wrote:I decided to try this method. I have been in and out of this site for some time and was vveeerrrryyy skeptical as to the outcome of this process. The first time I experimented with the bleach rinse (Saturday), I used it in the irrigator (1 tsp. of water/5 drops of bleach). There wasn't a bad bleach after taste and I attended a social event. I didn't notice many "nose rubbing" responses as I usually do. I also noticed I didn't have the "metallic" taste in the back of my throat either.

I used the bleach rinse again yesterday morning before going to the office. I didn't see much of a negative response or "backing away" of coworkers as I usually do. I had close-up conversations with others and was very nervous.

With some people, I can smell my own breath when speaking to them and I couldn't detect anything this time around. I feel that it's working, but I can still feel draining in the back of my throat. I know some of the bb is contributed by the mucus drainage.

I've also started using a product called Hyperbiotics Pro-dental. It claims to help eliminate bb and help with ent symptoms. I would like to see if the hyperbiotics does help with the drainage and ent symptoms. But for now, I feel the bleach solution has helped me gain some of myself confidence back and I feel I can have a social life without having to feel isolated or self-conscious.

On another note, I had noticed when I was using whitening strips to whiten my teeth, I didn't have bb for a few days. I read the ingredients and noticed one of the main ingredients was carbamide. Dr. Aydinmur mentioned it in one of his posts in this forum. Thought it interesting the connection of carbamide.
Hey hi @whyme.... What type of bleach you have used...is it general household bleach or anything else. Just post some details. I just didn't found any effect after I gargled with the bleach for 2days with .5 percent concentration of sodium hypochlorite. So please post some details
why me?

Post by why me? »

Hi Chika,

I use regular household Clorox bleach. I use a dropper for the drops. The solution is really diluted, but I've only used it in my irrigator. I put 5 drops of Clorox bleach, unscented (5.25% bleach solution) with 1 tsp. of water. What measurement of bleach to water are you using? How much water do you use and how much bleach? This is all I've done so far. What other measures have you taken to prevent bb? What symptoms, if any, are you experiencing (drainage, certain taste/smells in/from mouth/nose. I also had bad air coming from my nose. I don't seem to be experiencing this issue anymore either since using the bleach solution. I haven't changed the way I eat or what I eat. I haven't had any alcohol and don't drink much, but when I did, I knew my breath would get worse. It also would get worse when I would eat foods with sugar and dairy. The drainage in the back of my throat would get worse also. These ingredients have not affected my breath since using the bleach solution.
why me?

Post by why me? »

Does anyone have any new updates or still having positive results with this solution? I was looking for bleach at the store and couldn't find anything >8.25 SH solution. They are now selling "concentrated" bottles of bleach. I tried it and thought I put enough water to get the right concentration of 0.25%. I tested the solution on my tongue with my tooth brush and it burned like hell. I quickly washed out my mouth with water. The bad taste/burning didn't last long but I ended up pouring my solution mix down the drain.

I did a calculation and I will have to use about 35-40x of water to the amount of the bleach solution. Has anyone else used a bleach solution with a high SH concentrate of 5.25%?
ttylxman2
Junior

Post by ttylxman2 »

why me? wrote:Does anyone have any new updates or still having positive results with this solution? I was looking for bleach at the store and couldn't find anything >8.25 SH solution. They are now selling "concentrated" bottles of bleach. I tried it and thought I put enough water to get the right concentration of 0.25%. I tested the solution on my tongue with my tooth brush and it burned like hell. I quickly washed out my mouth with water. The bad taste/burning didn't last long but I ended up pouring my solution mix down the drain.

I did a calculation and I will have to use about 35-40x of water to the amount of the bleach solution. Has anyone else used a bleach solution with a high SH concentrate of 5.25%?
I bought no-name brand concentrated bleach from the cleaning isle of a supermarket. For mixing it, I just wing it.. It only takes a tiny bit otherwise it's too strong and possibly dangerous. You learn pretty quick just by the smell of it after it is mixed. I like to put two tablespoons of bleach into a full tank in my waterpik then spray strongly through all my teeth and do a light hose down of my throat at the end. Works awesome! Chlorhexidine was nicer because I didn't have to worry about it staining clothing.. but it temporarily stained teeth which wasn't fun.
Sdf500
Total Newbie

Post by Sdf500 »

Jimi Stein wrote:I have scented one....i cant find unscented one....
I too only found scented one (though it doesn't really smell like it's scented). Intending to try it tomorrow, hope the scents are irrelevant as far as health and efficiency go.
searching
Master

Post by searching »

As an update, I use this method (described in the first post of this thread), once-daily, most mornings. It remains the single, most-effective method I've found in managing my BB.

● I've been doing so for nearly six (6) months, with no negative side-effects.
● Apart from daily brushing with ordinary toothpaste and flossing, I use no other methods to manage BB; therefore, I credit this technique as responsible for providing the beneficial result.
● I consume all types of food and drink.
searching
Master

Post by searching »

searching wrote:As an update, I use this method (described in the first post of this thread), once-daily, most mornings. It remains the single, most-effective method I've found in managing my BB.

● I've been doing so for nearly six (6) months, with no negative side-effects.
● Apart from daily brushing with ordinary toothpaste and flossing, I use no other methods to manage BB; therefore, I credit this technique as responsible for providing the beneficial result.
● I consume all types of food and drink.
The persistent question: What is the root-cause of BB, if/when the following steps offer temporary relief?

1. Others on this forum, i.e. some people who ordinarily have BB, have observed a temporary elimination of BB when orally-ingesting certain antibiotics.
2. I observe the temporary elimination of BB after once-daily, mouthwashing with diluted, chlorine bleach.

These two, abovementioned observations, suggest a theory that, in some cases, BB may be caused by microorganisms that generate malodorous, volatile compounds.

So, the difference between “normal people”, i.e. those not afflicted with overwhelming BB, and “me” is that normal people have a metabolism that discourages malodorous, compound-forming microorganisms from thriving in the mouth; whereas, my metabolism allows these microorganisms to thrive, despite my scrupulous, oral-hygiene habits…unless I use diluted bleach, once a day.

I theorize that my metabolism:
1. lacks the sufficient concentration of some naturally-occurring agent that keeps BB-forming microorganisms in check, e.g. Immunoglobulin A or some other component useful in controlling this unwanted microbial population, or
2. lacks the environment/ecology that supports a dominant population of “benign” microorganisms whose presence can subordinate the BB-forming colony(s) of microorganisms, or
3. other theories…?

The method of mouthwashing with dilute, chlorine bleach enables me to manage BB versus cure it. The effectiveness of this single-step method has, in my case, eliminated much of the "noise" so that I may be able to more-effectively zero-in on the BB root-cause.

Meanwhile, my quality-of-life has fully improved.
why me?

Post by why me? »

Searching,

Thanks for the update. I'm glad this solution is working for you. I know how good it feels to not have to worry about this type of problem in public, especially in a social setting.

I used the chlorox bleach rinse and had very positive results the first two weeks or so, only using the rinse twice a week. I noticed the bb returning and used the rinse more than twice a week. I started to get red blotches on my face and my bb would return a few hours after using the rinse. #-o

I have noticed when I don't eat beef, diary products and refined sugar products, my breath is not as bad. I've been juicing in the a.m. and noticed a slight difference in my bb. I started adding a probiotic, but still feel I have trouble controlling my bb. I bought some additional raw probiotics, containing 35 different strains. I want to see if consuming a stronger probiotic along with the raw juice will help with my digestive tract and bb eliminating from my nose and mouth.

I've used prilosec and had no bb for at least two weeks. When I first used the water pik, I had no bb for a month before returning again. So, my theory is...I used a digestive agent that temporarily worked along with a dental agent that temporarily worked. I've noticed more positive results when I focus on my food consumption and consuming digestive products, compared to trying/using dental products.

With these observations and results, I think I would make progress focusing more on my digestive tract and stomach area instead of focusing on dental hygiene.
searching
Master

Post by searching »

An update at 6 months since first used:
• this method still works very well for management of my BB
• no negative side effects observed thus far
• I use it once-daily, most mornings
• I use no other methods to manage BB
• my diet consists of all types of food and beverage
• cost is low, taste is awful, result is excellent
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic