Your Email Address:

First Name:

Chlorine Bleach, diluted with water, as mouthwash (start with only few drops!!!)

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
searching
Master
Re: Chlorine Bleach, diluted with water, as mouthwash

Post by searching »

This method is absolutely, positively providing me with excellent results. I dilute the 5.25wt% sodium hypochlorite solution with 20 to 30X water.
Lifelongsufferer wrote:1. Do you find that the sodium hypochlorite stains your tongue yellow? Ordinarily I do not have much of a coating on my tongue, but since starting this method I have notice my tongue has a yellow tinge to it.
No, I have no staining of my tongue. I do, however, fully-yet-gently, brush and rinse my tongue with plain water prior to using the bleach solution. I use a toothbrush with bristles cut to half of their original length. This makes an excellent tool to remove loosely-deposited material from the tongue. I do this to ensure that the diluted, bleach solution exclusively targets the elimination the BB-causing microbes, rather than being partially-consumed by oxidizing organic debris, coincidentally in my mouth.

Perhaps the [yellow-stained] material, coincidentally on your tongue, can first be removed using this method, prior to gargling/swishing the diluted, bleach solution, to ensure the maximum benefit. Just cut the bristles to half-length of an old toothbrush that you would otherwise throw away at the end of its useful life.
Lifelongsufferer wrote:2. How do you measure your BB? I sometimes use the lick test, but other members have said this isn't reliable. I also go off of people's reactions, but other members have also said this is an unreliable way to test. Do you have somebody you can ask for feedback etc?
I ask because I am unsure of how I will know whether the method is effective for me.
About 15 to 30 minutes after using this diluted bleach rinse, my mouth has a completely neutral taste with no BB remaining. The absence of BB lasts all day. There is a weak, residual bleach taste for the first 15 to 30 minutes immediately after use. The gas/vapor/breath exiting my mouth cannot be detected by my sense-of-smell using any, or all, methods available to me. A Halimeter is needed to quantify this; however, I do not have one available.

aydinmur
God

Re:

Post by aydinmur »

halitosisux wrote:I stopped short of mentioning and questioning why bleach would be so beneficial when the effect of chlorine dioxide, unfortunately, often appears to wear off. Perhaps there is a simple explanation. Perhaps the antimicrobial action of chlorine dioxide is too broad to allow the emergence of a more beneficial microbial population, compared to bleach. The exponential rate at which bacteria multiply also makes it difficult to understand how any one "shot" against them could last for so long, but perhaps if certain species of aerobic bacteria remain unaffected, then this may explain why.
Under 5% NaOCl (Sodium hypochloride) solution is preferable for mouth rinse. We dentists use it during root canal treatment. Rememebr that, chlor may exacerbate any respiratuary pathologies, asthma, copd, bronchial stasis etc. Such patients must not use this.

There are 3 mechanisms of NaOCl
1- Inreases Eh of medium. This prevents Type 1 halitosis production
2- Chlor kills bacteria with very large spectrum by turning to hypochlorous acid.
3- chlorination and deamination of proteins. This measn no protein no type 1 odor.
I also wonder why there is no defined correlation between things like low IgA levels and BB - or in other words, why doesn't everyone with low IgA levels have BB?- but maybe that's because there are other complex factors involved.
Do you talk about saliva IgA ?
Do you ask there may be negative correlation between saliva IgA level and halitometric level of Type 1 halitosis ?
-M
Jimi Stein
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by Jimi Stein »

I want to ask you something Murat, do you dentist use special bleach, or just bleach from the shop? I think regular bleach has other additives...I would need a dental bleach, where to get it?
This is me, Jimi Stein, I created this site in December 2005. Welcome.
searching
Master
Re: Re:

Post by searching »

aydinmur wrote:Under 5% NaOCl (Sodium hypochloride) solution is preferable for mouth rinse. We dentists use it during root canal treatment. Rememebr that, chlor may exacerbate any respiratuary pathologies, asthma, copd, bronchial stasis etc. Such patients must not use this.
Caution: 5% NaOCl is 20X too concentrated for use. It will cause a chemical burn.

Diluted sodium hypochlorite (NaOCl) aqueous solution should be used as an oral rinse at a concentration no more than 0.25wt% NaOCl.

Please see this article, by Dr. Jorgen Slots, in the Journal of Periodontal Research and the references cited within.
aydinmur
God

Post by aydinmur »

Honestly, I dont like bleach teeth if patient very insists to me for bleach his teeth. I never suggest or advise people to bleach their teeth.

I purchase carbamide peroxyde powder 100 gr 23.75 Euro, Product code number 107201.0100 at Merck chemicals. I freshly prepare 30% in glycerine. It should be kept in dark, cold without shaking. No saler keeps carbamide peroxyde under correct storage condition. For this reason, commercial products (2.4 ml 155-260 Euro) are always less effective.

NaOCl can be used in the mouth under 5%.
-M
searching
Master

Post by searching »

An update:
  • I've enjoyed great success in managing BB, with this method, for nearly 4 continuous-months thus far
    I've observed no negative side-effects
    I use it most mornings
    Do not exceed 0.25wt% sodium hypochlorite concentration, i.e. dilute first with sufficient amount of water before gargling/mouthwashing.
I use no other extraordinary measures to manage BB.
My diet is composed of any/all types of food and drink, i.e. nothing consumable is off limits.
I take no [other] supplements nor use any other antimicrobial agents.
I have my tonsils and adenoids.

This method appears to be my answer.
Jimi Stein
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by Jimi Stein »

cool I am happy you found your solution, who would have known bleach will help

Do you swish your mouth and throat? Do you feel sick in stomach? I do....

WHat kind of brand of bleach do you use?
searching
Master

Post by searching »

Jimi Stein wrote:Do you swish your mouth and throat?
Do you feel sick in stomach?
What kind of brand of bleach do you use?
Yes, I swish the diluted bleach solution throughout my entire mouth and gargle deeply, i.e. I allow the solution to enter my throat, just short of swallowing.

I do not feel sick to my stomach; however, this might happen if I were to swallow the solution...or my body may react that way if I had swallowed the solution in the past.

I use ordinary, store-brand, i.e. not a premium brand, of chlorine bleach - intended for use to launder clothes.
Note: The bleach I use is 5.25wt% sodium hypochlorite.
  • ● Therefore, when I use 10 drops of bleach solution from the original bottle, it contains [about] 9.5 drops of water and 0.5 drop of dissolved sodium hypochlorite (chemical).
    ● I then dilute the bleach by adding 20X water, i.e. 200 drops of water, so:
    ● The final solution contains 209.5 drops of water + 0.5 drop of dissolved sodium hypochlorite, i.e. a very small, yet effective, [total] amount of chemical.
Jimi Stein
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by Jimi Stein »

I dont want to count my drops, please tell for a glass of water 2 dl, how many drops you put inside?
searching
Master

Post by searching »

Jimi Stein wrote:I don't want to count my drops, please tell for a glass of water 2 dl, how many drops you put inside?
Mix
  • 1 part bleach from bottle (5.25wt% sodium hypochlorite)
    20 to 30 parts water, resulting in solution that is 0.25wt% sodium hypochlorite
searching
Master

Post by searching »

Jimi Stein wrote:I don't want to count my drops, please tell for a glass of water 2 dl, how many drops you put inside?
Mix
  • 1 part bleach from bottle (5.25wt% sodium hypochlorite)
    20 to 30 parts water, resulting in solution that is 0.25wt% sodium hypochlorite
I count the drops of bleach solution added to a cup, then I estimate the water added, ensuring that I produce a solution that is not too concentrated.
Jimi Stein
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by Jimi Stein »

this is very strong, 20 x , dont you think?
searching
Master

Post by searching »

Jimi Stein wrote:this is very strong, 20 x , dont you think?
Yes, it is strong and does not taste good. However, it is very effective when the sodium hypochlorite concentration is at the maximum level approved by Dr. Slots in the Journal of Periodontal Research.
chika
Total Newbie

Post by chika »

Hey hi...I am from India....where can I found this sodium hypochlorite...any suggestions.

Thanks in advance
eulogiol123
Total Newbie

Post by eulogiol123 »

chika wrote:Hey hi...I am from India....where can I found this sodium hypochlorite...any suggestions.

Thanks in advance
sodium hypochlorite is ordinary household bleach. you can buy this from any supermarket. choose the regular/original unscented ones. i'm not sure if you have Clorox in India, but that is a popular international brand.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic