Your Email Address:

First Name:

Chlorine Bleach, diluted with water, as mouthwash (start with only few drops!!!)

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
searching
Master
Chlorine Bleach, diluted with water, as mouthwash (start with only few drops!!!)

Post by searching »

I’ve recently started using ordinary chlorine bleach, diluted with water, as a mouthwash. For me, it is the most-effective, least-expensive treatment I’ve ever received to control BB. I first read this in Hal's post seen here.

• Jimi S. linked information using chlorine bleach diluted with water seen here.

• Gigigirl reported successful reduction of BB using Carifree seen here. Note: the antimicrobial agent in Carifree is diluted chlorine bleach, i.e. sodium hypochlorite, seen here.

• Dr. Scott Frey, a dentist/orthodontist in the USA, blogs about using dilute chlorine bleach as a mouthwash seen here.

• A periodontal practice in the USA describe the use of chlorine bleach diluted with water as a mouthwash seen here.

This works remarkably well.

"PEOPLE START WITH LOW DOSAGE; A DROP IN THE GLASS OF WATER, TO SEE HOW YOU CAN TAKE IT....DONT START WITH 1/6 LIKE Dr. Slots RECOMMENDS IN THE LINK ABOVE.....MIGHT BE TOO MUCH FOR SOME.....ESPECIALLY IF YOU CLEAN THE NOSE, BE VERY CAREFUL...."----- JIMI STEIN

Jimi Stein
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by Jimi Stein »

Yes I agree, the most effective, I feel no sideeffects from it....but I brush m y tongue with it.....Helps a bit I think.....
This is me, Jimi Stein, I created this site in December 2005. Welcome.
emotional rescue
Sheriff

Post by emotional rescue »

Hi Searching,

Thank you for your detailed info, as always : )

- Did you find any info about long term use, or side effects?

- Hal wrote about use it as a mouthwash twice a week, but in the paper you found about the Periodontal associates of Memphis, they say it can be used twice a day.
What do you think about this? How much are you using in your case?

- I'm not gonna lie, i'm a little scared about to trying this method, I'm afraid of side effects, do you think it's possible that could kill good bacteria too??

Anyway, I think I will try it.

Thanks!
searching
Master
Post by searching »

emotional rescue wrote:Did you find any info about long term use, or side effects?

What do you think about [frequency of use]?

How much are you using in your case?
Hello ER,

Please see this article in the Journal of Periodontal Research and the references cited within. It was written by dentists associated with the University of Southern California, USA. Among them, Dr. Slots has been employing this treatment, using chlorine bleach, diluted with water, the past 15 years.

I buy ordinary chlorine bleach at the supermarket, intended for laundry use, which has a concentration of 5.25% sodium hypochlorite. I place about 1/2 of a teaspoon in a cup and add 20 to 30 parts water, i.e. 10 to 15 teaspoons of water to the 1/2 teaspoon of bleach. Then I swish it all around my mouth and gargle for about 1 minute, and spit out the used solution.

The bleach must always be diluted with water. Each of us may need to experiment with the frequency-of-use and the duration of the period that it is gargled with and swished within the mouth.

It likely kills all of the bacteria and fungi, bad and good species. I'm most interested in killing the BB species; and, less concerned about saving the good species. My objective is to find and use a highly-effective, safe, and low-cost method of managing BB. Therefore I'm taking action and experimenting.

It tastes bad; however, it works well.

Incidentally, It would be great to have Dr. Slots. weigh-in on this matter with our community.

Note: I've had no oral surgery, other than all 4 wisdom teeth removed decades ago. I have my tonsils and adenoids.
Jimi Stein
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by Jimi Stein »

so you get any relief?
This is me, Jimi Stein, I created this site in December 2005. Welcome.
emotional rescue
Sheriff

Thank you very much searching!

Sorry, I hurried up about the question, and I didt it before I was able to read all the articles you posted.

Anyway, this last study was very interesting, and so it was your personal experience.

I will try this and report back, I have a very social weekend ahead (wich I don't like) and It would be great to have some help and some relief.

Cheers,

ER
emotional rescue
Sheriff

Hi!

I Have to say that after a couple of days of using this, it's helping a lot!

At first I was very scary about this stuff, but the results are so remarkable, that I'm loosing this fear and getting more relaxed about it.

Only one time per day, first thing in the morning.

As the day goes by, the effect is not as good as in the morning, but It's still better.

I will keep posting about long term effects.

I'm planning to try it for fifteen days, and then stop for a while, as I read that recomendation in an article.

The Mix I made, it has undoubtedly bleach taste.

Searching, do you find that bleach taste in your solution too?

It would be nice if more people can try this and share their results. Previous to this, you should read all the articles that searching posted, so you know exactly how to behave about this,

Thank you very much!

ER
searching
Master
Post by searching »

emotional rescue wrote:The Mix I made, it has undoubtedly bleach taste.

Searching, do you find that bleach taste in your solution too?
ER,

Yes, my dilute solution has a strong, bleach taste as well. It is unpleasant; however, I've found that the good, fast results are very worthwhile.

I too, use it in the morning, while stepping into the shower. I swish and deeply gargle the solution, without swallowing, to ensure prolonged contact with all oral surfaces for about one minute, then spit out the used solution.
hope4now
Master
Post by hope4now »

I used chlorine dioxide rinses for a number of years. I only used the rinse once a day and never swallowed it, but it caused a very bad side effect: hardening/thinning of the skin on some of my fingers. The skin would constantly crack and bleed because it was hard and not flexible. I had to carry a supply of small bandaids wherever I went.

I finally made the connection between the mouth rinses and the skin problem. Once I quit, the skin gradually returned to normal over a number of months. Now it's completely healed. Don't believe the manufacturers of these products that claim they are safe for long term use.

Maybe dilute bleach wouldn't have this effect, but beware of side effects. Whatever you put in your mouth is partially absorbed and must be detoxified by the liver and kidneys.
emotional rescue
Sheriff

hope4now wrote:I used chlorine dioxide rinses for a number of years. I only used the rinse once a day and never swallowed it, but it caused a very bad side effect: hardening/thinning of the skin on some of my fingers. The skin would constantly crack and bleed because it was hard and not flexible. I had to carry a supply of small bandaids wherever I went.

I finally made the connection between the mouth rinses and the skin problem. Once I quit, the skin gradually returned to normal over a number of months. Now it's completely healed. Don't believe the manufacturers of these products that claim they are safe for long term use.

Maybe dilute bleach wouldn't have this effect, but beware of side effects. Whatever you put in your mouth is partially absorbed and must be detoxified by the liver and kidneys.

Yes, I must say It sounds almost crazy to be doing a rinse with this ingredients, I was really hesitating about this, but If you read all the articles and some few researchs, It seems that we are not the only ones, this procedure has it's history.

For sure it will have some kind of side effects eventually (I hope nothing important)

But let me tell you that after 1 week of use, I never felt this amount of relief in my life, not even with antibiotics.

I will keep posting thought.
hope4now
Master
Post by hope4now »

emotional rescue wrote:
hope4now wrote:I used chlorine dioxide rinses for a number of years. I only used the rinse once a day and never swallowed it, but it caused a very bad side effect: hardening/thinning of the skin on some of my fingers. The skin would constantly crack and bleed because it was hard and not flexible. I had to carry a supply of small bandaids wherever I went.

Yes, I must say It sounds almost crazy to be doing a rinse with this ingredients, I was really hesitating about this, but If you read all the articles and some few researchs, It seems that we are not the only ones, this procedure has it's history.

For sure it will have some kind of side effects eventually (I hope nothing important)

But let me tell you that after 1 week of use, I never felt this amount of relief in my life, not even with antibiotics.

I will keep posting thought.
The side effects may not show up overnight. In my case the skin problems didn't start until about 3 months after I began using the ClO2 mouth rinse. That's why I didn't make the connection. Another side effect I got was chronic acid-reflux. That went away too after I quit the ClO2. Another possible side effect to watch out for is increased joint pain.
searching
Master
Post by searching »

This has clearly provided, for me, the most-effective way of managing BB, that I've ever tried.

I've been using this method for 3 weeks thus far.

Incidentally, chemically:
- ordinary table salt is sodium chloride, formula NaCl.
- bleach is sodium hypochlorite, formula NaOCl.

Chemically, the difference is one (1) oxygen.

The bleach oxidizes, i.e. kills, BB microorganisms that would otherwise live and breed on our oral surfaces and beneath the gum line.
searching
Master
Post by searching »

I’ve been using this method for about 6 weeks and it continues to provide excellent results with no observed, negative, side effects thus far.

I use it once, most mornings, after brushing with ordinary toothpaste. The bleach taste vanishes about 15 minutes after using the freshly-made solution, swished and deeply-gargled for 1 minute. It ultimately leaves my mouth with a neutral taste. My entire mouth feels as if it has been stripped of all biofilm and deposits. The effect, for me, lasts all day. I have little-to-no morning breath the next day.

I place 15 drops of bleach, i.e. 5.25wt% sodium hypochlorite, aqueous solution + water = 20 to 30X the amount of bleach solution, for dilution, mix, swish/swirl/gargle for 1 minute, then spit out the used solution. Note: this is diluted sodium hypochlorite, i.e. diluted bleach solution, not chlorine dioxide.

For several weeks, I’ve noticed BB among some of my friends and colleagues, which is something I’d been oblivious to prior to using this technique.

I eat all types of food. I have my tonsils and adenoids.

I plan to discuss this technique with my dentist and hygienist during my next check-up, to learn if they are familiar with Dr. Slot’s research and method.
Last edited by searching on Sat Jun 18, 2016 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Just something worth considering - bleach completely oxidizes TMA into TMAO. If your mouth and tongue are saturated with TMA, then it's a possibility that this is why it's helping so much.

Dr Murat is an expert in this field, and yet he's not even aware of any research that has ever measured and correlated saliva and mucus TMA levels with halitosis. You'd think there would be when it's a known fact that TMA is excreted in saliva and mucus. But maybe the pharmaceutical companies ust want us to keep believing it's our oral microbial activity to blame for BB, so that we keep fighting against that instead.
searching
Master
Post by searching »

halitosisux wrote:Just something worth considering - bleach completely oxidizes TMA into TMAO. If your mouth and tongue are saturated with TMA, then it's a possibility that this is why it's helping so much.
Halitosisux,

Thanks for offering the theory.

In my case, I do not think the beneficial effect of bleach is due to oxidizing trimethylamine (TMA), although this may be true for others with BB.

Here’s why:
• TMA has a boiling point below body temperature, thus it is freely volatized in the breath for those who produce it.
• In my case the action of bleach takes place only during the 1 minute residence time it’s in my mouth, after which it is expelled and no longer capable of oxidizing organic species.
• TMA is likely produced 24/7 for those with that condition, thus BB would return shortly thereafter.

I think the diluted bleach rinse has beneficially changed my oral ecology.

I believe my life-long struggle with BB is, perhaps, due to low immunoglobulin, e.g. IgA, levels or some other immune system deficiency.

Meanwhile, using dilute bleach as mouthwash has, thus far, been the single, most-effective, least-expensive, BB management tool I’ve tried.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic