Your Email Address:

First Name:

Bad Breath Gone - Please Read

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
con

Bad Breath Gone - Please Read

Post by con »

Hi,

I have been a sufferer for 20 years until last night and I can't believe it.

I had my wisdom teeth out, tonsillectomy and gum disease treatment; all of which made no difference.

After much research on these forums and the internet I deduced that my problem lied with the lingual tonsils; this was confirmed when I put a finger down my throat touched them and it absolutely stunk.

For the last 20 years I've had that constant metallic, sour taste of shit in my mouth even after brushing but last night I simply put some toothpaste on my finger and rubbed the lingual tonsils and the area quite aggressively, taking breaks when my gag reflex kicked in. It's not easy but I persisted. Anyway as soon as I did this the bb had gone.

It's 7pm in the uk now, I woke up and brushed after breakfast at midday and my breath is still fresh even though I've eaten lasagne and had a soda.

I'm so happy, I can't believe how simple the solution was so I beseech all of you to try it. I must have some kind of lingual tonsil infection so am going to get them privately removed for 2 grand because i want this hell over and cant be bothered waiting for the NHS.

Try doing what I did. ****ing 20 year problem solved by my ****ing finger and some toothpaste!

The rest of my life starts now baby!

StillHoping
Sheriff
Canada

Post by StillHoping »

Hi Con, thanks for posting this! I tried this today and my mouth felt fresher and didn't get the sour taste I usually get within 30 mins of brushing. I cant say if it has definitely made a difference yet but I will keep doing this for a week and report back. It will truly be shocking if it could have been this simple this whole time :S

I couldn't do it for as long as I wanted to because I kept gagging :oops: :-& and my tongue actually started bleeding. Do you think its better to use your finger instead of the toothbrush? And for how many minutes do you clean that area for?

Also, what led you to think the lingual tonsils are the problems? ie. what were your symptoms?

Thanks!
2012: Wisdoms remov
2015: Tonsils+adenoids remov
2017: TMAU1 & 2 Negative
2019: Internal biopsies normal
2019: Completed SIBO treatment
2020: DigEnzymes help but side effects
+ low fodmap/GERD diet also help
con

Post by con »

Hi,

Second day since I made the discovery. I rubbed my lingual tonsils with a finger covered in toothpaste and it cleared up, but not completely. I don't use a toothbrush because it won't fit so the only option is my finger.

I probably do it for about a minute, including resting for when my gag reflex kicks in.

I did loads of research, just google bad breath lingual tonsils, I found loads of information and then touched them and discovered they absolutely stunk. my teeth and gums are fine and the chances of it being anything less than something mouth related are minimal.

I'm convinced its the lingual tonsils, they can easily become infected apprently and harbour bacteria.

Im biting the bullet and paying 180 quid for a ent consultation on monday, will update after i see him.

It could be your linguals? google it
con

Post by con »

my symptoms just the usual, metallic sour taste, last two mornings ive woken up with bb, but to a lesser extent so i deduce its almost certain the ****ing linguals! theres no other logical explanation.

im gonna tell the ent i have severe tonsillitus and i have a sore throat etc and m suicidal cos of the bb. it will cost me 2.5k but its a gamble im prepared to take.

im absolutely convinced this is the problem, most of bb is mouth and throat related this has to be the end of it!
crazy4it
Advanced
Post by crazy4it »

Good luck buddy and keep updating
StillHoping
Sheriff
Canada

Post by StillHoping »

is it still working for you? unfortunately, the bad taste returned for me, doesn't look like it made a difference.
con

Re: Bad Breath Gone - Please Read

Post by con »

Apologies,

I did reply days ago but it obviously hasnt saved.

Something weird happened. Im booked in for a lingual tonsillectomy on thursday but I know it sounds stupid but I just thoroughly cleaned the back of my tongue with a brush, almost choking myself and the BB has mostly gone at the moment.

I havent eaten since 1 am and its 6.30 am now and normally it stinks like shit even after brushing but yeah I simply thoroughly brushed right at the back of my tongue which i didnt realise a brush could reach until literally just now.

I touched the linguals and they smell a bit but not as potent, so the back of my tongue must have some impact on that.

Despite this breakthrough im still going ahead with the tonsillectomy on thursday. 3 thousand pounds almost including consultation but it will provide me piece of mind and hopefully further progress.

Will update when suffiecient time has passed to deduce if the operation helps.

Try cleaning back of your tongue really thoroughly and se if it makes a difference. Cant believe i didnt see something so obvious,
con

Post by con »

Had my linguals out yesterday, just got home from the hospital.

BB has gone, not sure if its the anti biotics dulling it so can't say until ive finished my course of meds.

The linguals weren't infected but the doc said he did remove a massive tonsil stone that he removed and coblated the other pockets where bacteria can congregate.

Dont wanna celebrate yet, could just be the meds that result in absence of BB.

Will update later
StillHoping
Sheriff
Canada

Post by StillHoping »

how are you feeling in terms of pain? good luck with recovery!!
con

Post by con »

thanks man

no pain at all, just anxious it will return when the meds wear off
con

Post by con »

4.30 am

been out drinking and eating spicy food and no BB

it must be the ****ing antibiotics. as soon as they wear off im gonna be back to square one i just know it.

on anti biotics for about a week i think so cant tell if bb absence is because of that or not,

recovery is fine not much pain just feel sleepy. 3 thousand pounds ***k my life

will update
Quest
Total Newbie

Post by Quest »

HI con
How are you doing now you have had the lingual tonsils surgery? Are you totally of the antibiotics now? Has the bad breath gone? I hope your feeling better.
con

Post by con »

Hi,

two weeks on now.

I took painkillers for the first four days post op then stopped and felt ok but strangely enough it started hurting again the other day so back on painkillers. No blood or pus so im not worried.

The antibiotics wore off about a week ago and the bb returned which was depressing, I think this was because of the smelly scabs.

The last two days there has been a great improvement and ive just done the lick wrist test and its really not that bad now

cautiously optimistic without expecting too much.

I will update as things progress and i heal even more.
con

Post by con »

19 days on now,

brushed teeth and breath was still ok after 8 hours despite eating kfc and probably still having remains between my teeth now.

spoke to someone close up at the gym because i knew it didnt smell.

white tongue coating is going leaving it more pinkish.

looks like it was completely the lingual tonsils but we keep reporting as i progress
StillHoping
Sheriff
Canada

Post by StillHoping »

good to hear your progress is going well!!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic