Your Email Address:

First Name:

The Mint Breathometer will be available soon

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
thanatos
God
The Mint Breathometer will be available soon

Post by thanatos »

https://www.breathometer.com/mint/

http://gizmodo.com/the-mint-breathalyze ... 1677186055

Where as most breathalyzers require the user to blow into the device for a long period to ensure air is eventually being drawn from the lungs, the MINT is specifically looking to measure the humidity and levels of Volatile Sulfur Compounds (VSCs) in your mouth, so it instead uses a small fan to only draw air in from your mouth—at no point do you have to blow.

Using an accompanying app and a wireless Bluetooth connection to a smartphone, users can then see their measured level of hydration, and the levels of Hydrogen Sulfide, Methyl Mercaptan, and Hydrogen Disulfide in their breath. But if that's too complicated to understand, an easier-to-read fresh breath rating that uses mint leaves is also available.

deebo

Re: The Mint Breathometer will be available soon

Post by deebo »

I have a "Mint" meter tab open on my browser right now . Not sure if that particular device will work or not But we sure do need something just like that to confirm what is or isn't working for our condition(s)
Jimi Stein
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by Jimi Stein »

they fucked it up, it should be out 6 months ago, I think they aimed too high and failed...
This is me, Jimi Stein, I created this site in December 2005. Welcome.
thanatos
God

Post by thanatos »

Just placed my order on Amazon.

Only 3 left in stock right now

https://www.amazon.com/Breathometer-Min ... 01JGK4RI0/

I've been waiting 12 years for a device like this. I should be receiving it next week.

I'll be putting all these mouthwashes, toothpastes and other fixes to the test.

I'm almost 40 and was nicked-named "stink mouth" when I was in grade school by a group of friends.

My bad breath is beyond legit.

This device better work
Jimi Stein
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by Jimi Stein »

how did you get it, it is not available on amazon, i dont think they even sell it yet??
thanatos
God

Post by thanatos »

I signed up to be notified when the product would be released. I received an email saying a small amount were available ahead of the official September 30 launch date. I immediately purchased one for $99.

I received an email saying it shipped today and should be receiving it this Friday.

I'll be doing a lot of testing. I hope it works.
Jimi Stein
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by Jimi Stein »

I have read you need a latest iphone to run it, it does not run on old iphones....
MyhopeSomeday25

Post by MyhopeSomeday25 »

I'm a amazon prime user and if I just waited I could have gotten this friday lol... I pledged 99 dollars back in November last year and I won't get it until after September the 30th ... I hope it is helpful in any way shape or form. I think this will help a lot of us to some degree with confidence if it truly does do what it says. Whoever gets it first i sure like to hear the results.
thanatos
God

Post by thanatos »

Jimi Stein wrote:I have read you need a latest iphone to run it, it does not run on old iphones....
I just read it's compatible with the iphone 5 and up. I have a 5s,so I'm good. I'm downloading the software onto my iphone now.

It better work or I'm gonna have to spend hundreds of dollars on an upgrade. This disorder is expensive!
Jimi Stein
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by Jimi Stein »

I thought it would show you the exact ammount of sulphut bacteria, but all it does is give you a number from 1-6

so that sucks...
thanatos
God

Post by thanatos »

It arrived one day early.

I just consumed a hamburger steak with onions lunch and I'm going to set it up and get my first reading.....

I got an A!!!!

Out of 1,000 PPB, I came in at around only 60!!!!

It does say I have to calibrate it, but I can only do that after I brush my teeth. I'm not sure why that matters.

My breath smells like rotting meat (verified by several people), and this device only detects three VSC compounds, none of which produce the rotting meat smell. That could be why the measurement is low.

I'm going to brush, floss, rinse, scrape, etc and calibrate it, then run the test again after that and then first thing in the morning.

So far I'm not impressed
Jimi Stein
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by Jimi Stein »

thanks for that....i almost wanted to buy it, you cant pack a halimeter in a small iphone attachment...it will never happen...
i really think it is a scam product.......
thanatos
God

Post by thanatos »

I calibrated it last night after a good cleaning. My breath was at a 60.

I checked my breath again once I woke up. My morning breath scored a 50.

$99 down the drain.
Jimi Stein
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by Jimi Stein »

lol

cant believe the Shark Tank backed this Mint up......all 5 sharks

I asked them for a free test a while ago....did not get one, probably they were afraid to give it to people with problem....
i am dissapointed kind of....we deserve to have something to test out bb
ttylxman2
Junior

Post by ttylxman2 »

thanatos wrote:I calibrated it last night after a good cleaning. My breath was at a 60.

I checked my breath again once I woke up. My morning breath scored a 50.

$99 down the drain.
It's very possible that your bad breath isn't caused by whatever chemicals the Mint is designed to detect.

"Hydrogen Sulfide (Rotten Eggs), Methyl Mercaptan (Rotten Cabbage), and Hydrogen Disulfide (Rotten Eggs, Sewer)"

Those are the only things it can detect, yet there are many, many more that can cause bad breath. Those are just the most common.

Maybe it's a piece of crap and can't even detect those reliably.. but if it does work, and you feel your breath stinks and it doesn't give a reading confirming that, then you can rule out bacteria that cause elevated levels of those specific VSCs. Which is useful, although maybe not $99 useful.

Check out this really informative article: http://www.scientificamerican.com/artic ... eria-happy

Check these two VSCs out:

Cadaverine - Urine, decaying meat.
Putrescine - Rotting meat.

Find out what can cause it to build up in the mouth, like what bacteria species and where it is commonly found in the oral cavity, and you may find a solution.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic