Your Email Address:

First Name:

cured me, try this, may work for you

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
HS

Re: cured me, try this, may work for you

Post by HS »

@bless: wow 6 months? I had relief for a week before returning, not 6. Also had lesser effectiveness after trying 2nd and 3rd time with triple therapy.
Perhaps you had hpylori then? well either way this should help with it too, just test it out.

@dead: for sibo, you do hydrogen breath testing, it can be helpful, I found out I was lactose intolerant as well as fructose intolerance, which I had no idea about, though changing the diet didn't help my bb. If bb's from internal sources, then maybe gases from some sort of intolerance/parasites/candida/digestive probs/ etc. Just my 2c

blessedrich

Post by blessedrich »

HS wrote:@bless: wow 6 months? I had relief for a week before returning, not 6. Also had lesser effectiveness after trying 2nd and 3rd time with triple therapy.
Perhaps you had hpylori then? well either way this should help with it too, just test it out.

@dead: for sibo, you do hydrogen breath testing, it can be helpful, I found out I was lactose intolerant as well as fructose intolerance, which I had no idea about, though changing the diet didn't help my bb. If bb's from internal sources, then maybe gases from some sort of intolerance/parasites/candida/digestive probs/ etc. Just my 2c
Yeah 6 months and on my first try it was more than that. I really though i was cured but when it came back it was worse than first. At first I had bb only when i talk but now even when I close my mouth tight I get reactions. It fills rooms now but i didn't use to.

I have several H. Pylori tests. But I must confess most of the time did the test I just got off Mastic gum. All my H. Pylori tests came out negative. I use to get a little bit of relief from taking 4 capsules of Mastic gum before bed but now nothing is working.
Norman

Post by Norman »

thanks for ur thread

can you please tell me which diatomaceous earth you bought ? I find many different ones can you post the link where you bought it from?

thanks
Norman

Post by Norman »

I mean did you take food grade diatomaceous earth or the normal one ?
HS

Post by HS »

Please read all my posts carefully, I clearly state Food grade and also stated that I bought locally, just amazon any food grade d.earth.

I don't want this to be a long thread, only useful information on whether or not it has helped people or not.
StillHoping
Sheriff
Canada

Post by StillHoping »

Hey HS, any updates? are you still BB free?

I stopped taking the DIO after that week of continuous use because I unexpectedly got a new job and didn't want to risk getting sick. A few weeks ago, I started again but only at 1 teaspoon a day, then after 2 weeks - upped it to 1 full tablespoon on the weekends. I am now almost at the 3 week mark and I don't believe it has made a difference unfortunately. I decided to stop taking it yesterday because at certain times, I get severe cramps.

However, I went to a Chinese Natural Medicine clinic about a week ago - for something else - but I had found out they offer treatment for BB, soo decided to inquire about it. I went at a time when I felt my BB was extremely bad . I talked at long length about my problem to the doctor and this was in an enclosed TINY room and she was right up DIRECTLY in front of my face. She pretty much looked at me like I was crazy. Normally this wouldn't faze me - as I have now come to expect this from professionals, however this time I purposefully went at a time when I believed my BB to be bad. Also, I don't think she would lie because this is a service their clinic offers and there is no reason she would go out of her way to turn down money. She claims she could not smell anything and she doesn't believe I have bb ](*,)

Anyways, sorry about this long rant on your post!!! I think I will get back on the DIO - once I figure out what tha heck is really going on with me once and for all. But I do hope it is still working well for you
2012: Wisdoms remov
2015: Tonsils+adenoids remov
2017: TMAU1 & 2 Negative
2019: Internal biopsies normal
2019: Completed SIBO treatment
2020: DigEnzymes help but side effects
+ low fodmap/GERD diet also help
ttylxman2
Junior

Post by ttylxman2 »

StillHoping wrote:Hey HS, any updates? are you still BB free?

I stopped taking the DIO after that week of continuous use because I unexpectedly got a new job and didn't want to risk getting sick. A few weeks ago, I started again but only at 1 teaspoon a day, then after 2 weeks - upped it to 1 full tablespoon on the weekends. I am now almost at the 3 week mark and I don't believe it has made a difference unfortunately. I decided to stop taking it yesterday because at certain times, I get severe cramps.

However, I went to a Chinese Natural Medicine clinic about a week ago - for something else - but I had found out they offer treatment for BB, soo decided to inquire about it. I went at a time when I felt my BB was extremely bad . I talked at long length about my problem to the doctor and this was in an enclosed TINY room and she was right up DIRECTLY in front of my face. She pretty much looked at me like I was crazy. Normally this wouldn't faze me - as I have now come to expect this from professionals, however this time I purposefully went at a time when I believed my BB to be bad. Also, I don't think she would lie because this is a service their clinic offers and there is no reason she would go out of her way to turn down money. She claims she could not smell anything and she doesn't believe I have bb ](*,)

Anyways, sorry about this long rant on your post!!! I think I will get back on the DIO - once I figure out what tha heck is really going on with me once and for all. But I do hope it is still working well for you

It's so weird how some people are immune to our breath while others get knocked on their ass by it. It's like they lack the smell receptors for the certain type of VSC our particular breath is bad for. Some members here have said their family or their SO can't smell it but others complain. Makes no sense at all.

Anyway, there's a chance your mouth tastes terrible but it doesn't aromatize, so there's no smell. Hard to believe when your mouth tastes like dog shit that it doesn't smell like it though.. I wouldn't believe it either. To me, bad taste must mean bad breath. Either way, I wouldn't want to kiss someone and that's enough to want to fix it.
HS

Post by HS »

@stillhoping

Yeah, but recently I started eating a lot of junk/sugary foods so I'm back to the 1 teaspoon per day but still neutral if I keep doing it. I think for me, consuming sugary foods is fueling candida which then leads to halitosis/build up on back of tongue. When I do saliva tests (I know it's not the best test as you can still have neutral breath with bad saliva smell), the smell is neutral/near neutral for me.

Is your saliva still smelling very soury? or you have a sour taste in your mouth?

When you went to the chinese herbals (I don't recommend, I went to a few and did nothing for me, just personal experience). Did you do anything to freshen your breath before meeting them? Do you get any other reactions from other people? Could it be that you've been somewhat cured by DE? That one person won't be enough to fully conclude you're fixed. Try test on a family member OR just go out and just test for a day for any sort of reactions. I'd suggest taking DE before testing though.

PS: your post is not long at all, I was only talking about members that didn't read properly and asking if they should use foodgrade or not.

@tt

Hm, in my experience, family members COULD get use to it if its maybe slightly bad, but if it's really bad they will pick up. Halitosis can be significantly worse during different times as well and you could be getting less reactions when your breath is on the 'good' side (though probably really bad when you speak face to face). Just imo.
StillHoping
Sheriff
Canada

Post by StillHoping »

Hey HS! That's great its still working for you! Hopefully this is a permanent cure for you!!!!!

I guess it is a possibility that DE may have been working for me cuz I was still taking it when I went to the Chinese Doctor. I didn't do anything special before hand and here is the weird part - I could actually smell my breath and it smelled bad to me? and tasted bad . And day to day - a few hours after brushing; the sour taste/smell slowly creeps back. Especially with the wrist test - you can tell my saliva smells reallyyy bad [but I didn't know its possible to have bad saliva without having bb?]. Any theories as to why I would still be experiencing this if my breath truly was better? Is it possible that other ppl don't smell it?

I did ask a coworker [first time I have ever asked a stranger but I'm getting desperate at this point!!] - he had offered me gum and I straight up just asked! He didn't really answer the question and just said he was having gum cuz he thought his own breath stank and thought he should offer me some as well. Who knows if that was the truth! Unfortunately I don't have family in the city where I live and my close friends have always claimed I don't have bb and im crazy -- soo they're unreliable. At this point, I will probably need to go to a therapist who can provide honest feedback on a regular basis. At which point, I will start back on the DE and get regular feedback about it.

Prior to using DE, were you able to smell your own bb? Or did you have to ask people to find out whether or not the DE cured it or you just knew on your own?
HS

Post by HS »

I see, yeah according to Dr Murat (in his posts, I suggest reading all his posts here), he says that saliva can smell bad but can have perfectly normal breath, so it's an unreliable indicator (which is true, I have tested on a family member where they had NO bb but slightly bad saliva smell)

Yeah, before I would have incredibly bad taste in the mouth and I could smell even by cupping and breathing out (try breath out hard from your throat/back of mouth ish), I also had many comments about bb growing up (as well as honest opinion from some docs) so i'm fully aware I have had BB. To kill my bb before, I just used hydrogen peroxide/water mix and scrape my tongue, it relieved me for a good few hours (you will need to take scraper and the mix and scrape after 4-5 hours if you are at work), good thing was this is a complete BB neutralizer, bad thing is it hard to get use to and it's not permanent.

I still get bb if I eat stuff like onions, garlic like normal people, so dw if you're getting bb from consuming smelly foods. Only test for halitosis if you do normal procedure without eating any smelly foods.

Maybe next time you get a check up from your dentist, say you've been hearing comments about bad breath lately and ask for his honest opinion. I was able to be friendly a GP by being honest about bb and he was able to provide me ANY antibiotics for me to test for lessening the halitosis, I guess I was lucky as other docs weren't nearly as understanding (and fair point, too many antibiotics can cause bad side effects).
Maybe, if you are really desperate, just ask a guy walking down a street and ask for a quick breath test cause you're going to meet a girl, atleast you will get an honest opinion lol.

It sucks that your saliva smelled bad though. Does it smell bad AFTER tongue scraping/normal procedure? are you well hydrated? my saliva smells a tad if I'm dehydrated, but even still, the smell is SIGNIFICANTLY less than before the DE procedure, Before it was off the charts.
StillHoping
Sheriff
Canada

Post by StillHoping »

@HS I used to use Hydrogen on and off a few years back.. for some reason, it would work great for a while and then stop. Although that seems to be the standard for most "treatments." hmm thats a great idea about the date thing as I actually have a "blind date" this wknd lol soo maybe its meant to be to put that into use haha, thank you!!! [ps. Im a girl].

It does not smell right away after my normal procedure but it does start to slowly creep back - I would say in about 2 hours until it is full blown very strong. And yes I do stay extremely hydrated, I drink more than 2 litres of water a day - which has definitely helped with my dry mouth problem. The issue now is why I'm still getting this sour taste/smell. The reactions seems to have worsened this week, soo maybe the DE really was helping me. Now that I do know it is possible to have bad smelling saliva and no bb, it puts things into a new perspective - as I would always do the wrist test.

I'm going back on it starting this weekend and will fully take it regularly for at least a month with no breaks. I will provide another update in a month, thanks for all your suggestions
HS

Post by HS »

cool, oh and you are cutting down on sugary/dairy foods right? kinda a no brainer but just incase you were eating foods that dry out your mouth or something.

hydro/water combo gargle didn't work well for me but scraping with it on my tongue scraper worked really well.

Really hope you get some sort of improvement, take a pill or 2 of activated charcoal after your DE if you are concerned of getting sick, as it should absorb your toxins.

Good luck!
StillHoping
Sheriff
Canada

Post by StillHoping »

I haven't been very good with the diet aspect lately, soo I really need to cut that out completely - atleast for the next re-trial month. I will also start ur suggestion of using Charcoal after, thanks and please continue to keep us posted about your success!!!
HS

Post by HS »

yeah sure, I'l probably only post here if this method stops working as well or for answering qs others may have.

GL!
jojo78
Total Newbie

Post by jojo78 »

Hello HS,

Thank you to have shared your experience. I would like to know if you are still BB free, do you continue diatomaceous earth ? If you have to continue, it means that it didn't kill parasites ?

Thank you in advance
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic